Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Remakes officially confirmed: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Venomous

We all knew it was coming and here it is finally announced officially! 

Pokémon Presents released the first peak at these remakes.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

These don't look very good. I'm glad they aren't LG style, but actually if you're going to go with such a conservative remake, LG at least had an appropriate artstyle. This looks like a 3DS game.

But enough negativity. These look cheap because they were outsourced (but good lord, they should not be $60) so GF could work on something really exciting, Pokemon Legends. Pokemon Legends looks incredible. I teared up seeing it.

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, Envy said:

This looks like a 3DS game. 

I can agree on that. I also really don’t like the chibi style they went with here.

Pokemon Legends looks incredible.

The game looks stunning but the footage we got of it looks...incomplete. It looks like it is still in late development. Landscapes looks choppy and it definitely needs some polish in my opinion.

i was super excited (gen 4 is my 2nd favorite, just behind gen 5) but i absolutely hate the chibi artstyle they went for, unfortunate skip for me. legends looked interesting and i'm interested to see more of it with some more polish. 

I was hoping for a Gen 4 remake and I'm truly happy to see that it's finally happening. I'll admit that I can agree with those that don't like the chibi style. It seems weird, but I might get used to it in time. However, I might be with the minority that does like the graphic style for the chibi overworld. The chibi's remind me of the Link's Awakening remake for the Switch. Either that, or the graphics for Animal Crossing. I'm really excited to head back to the Sinnoh region for both Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl and Legends Arceus. 

24 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I was hoping for a Gen 4 remake and I'm truly happy to see that it's finally happening. I'll admit that I can agree with those that don't like the chibi style. It seems weird, but I might get used to it in time. However, I might be with the minority that does like the graphic style for the chibi overworld. The chibi's remind me of the Link's Awakening remake for the Switch. Either that, or the graphics for Animal Crossing. I'm really excited to head back to the Sinnoh region for both Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl and Legends Arceus. 

Yeah, but the graphics are a major downgrade versus the Link's Awakening remake. Heck, they're a downgrade from even LGP/E. They don't have a crisp, polished look at all. As I said above, they look like 3DS games. Seeing that style on the Switch is very jarring. They don't look like they belong on the system at all.

And I'm sad to talk like this. I've always loved the Pokemon remakes (LGP/E not included). Pokemon remakes have always been kept at a very high standard where they really go the extra distance to modernize them (and sometimes bring new features like OR/AS's DexNav). These don't look like they do that at all. But here's to hoping some exciting aspects get announced later.

They also have always stylistically matched the current generation, as you saw with FR/LG, HG/SS, and OR/AS. Matching up with Sword/Shield's style would have had to have caused a bit of a revamp, but I don't think it was anything unmanageable (and I mean, there's no need to shoehorn a wild area or anything like that). Now it just looks really jarring, these don't match up with Sword/Shield at all.

Oh well, as I said, Legends is a thing. And Legends looks fantastic. Legends almost makes me forget how poor these remakes look.

Too much cynicism here if you ask me about the Chibi artstyle. I personally don't mind the style. to me the gameplay is the important thing because its a video game. And if you can't enjoy the playstyle of that particular video game genre you're not going to be able to enjoy it no matter what the art style looks like; even if the art style did look amazing.

So as long as it plays with most of the original gameplay, I won't complain too much about it

I like the chibi style, but seems fit for a 3DS game far more than a Switch. Too bad they are likely not doing enough to justify spending 60$. Whatever, I’ve left Pokemon precisely that generation.

Pokemon Legends seems interesting enough at least. Not sure if the final product will be worth it considering the clear laziness of GF, but making it open world is a long overdue good start

I don’t mind the chibi art style as it reminds me of the Link’s Awakening remake which I adored. My only complaint is that it doesn’t look as clean as that. On the other hand, Pokémon remakes I feel tend to be some of the better Nintendo remakes. 

That said I’m more interested in Legends as that feels like the Pokémon game a lot of people have been wanting for a while.it loos rough but the scope and ambition make up for it, especially given the studio who’s working on it helped with Dragon Quest XI and Nier Automata

Looks like they pulled a Link's Awakening with the art style. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I'm happy at the very least that Diamond and Pearl are finally get remade. Those games were a huge part of my childhood. 

Pokémon Legends got my attention. There is so much potential here, so I'm pretty interested to see what direction they go in.

What we are getting graphic-wise for Pokémon Legends Arceus should be what we are getting for these remakes. 

I don’t hate the chibi style, I have just never been a big fan of it in any media. I watched the trailer again and it doesn’t look as bad as I thought it did the first few times. I am going to buy Diamond 💎, as that was the copy I bought for the originals.