Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it possible for more than one My Little Pony series to co-exist?

SaburoDaimando

We all know that My Little Pony is getting a new series this fall on Netflix starting with a new movie, and there's a chance Pony Life will be phased out in favor of G5.

But at the same time, I also wonder if more than one My Little Pony series can co-exist at the same time.  Not just Pony Life and G5, but I think G5 and a more legacy-focused series.

The one example I can provide about a franchise co-existing with two series is the Transformers.  Not long ago, there were two Transformers series on the Hub: Transformers Prime and Transformers: Rescue Bots.  One was aimed at a general audience while the other was more for a younger audience.  It's already repeated itself with Transformers War for Cybertron on Netflix and Transformers Cyberverse on Cartoon Network(Though the latter will go through one more season), with confirmations on a 3rd Transformers series called Botbots on Nickelodeon.

This also makes me wonder if there will be two co-existing My Little Pony series in the future, much like we did with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls.  Maybe one for a new generation of fans, and one for nostalgia.  And  it doesn't have to be Pony LIfe, nor should it focus on G4.  It could also be a nod to G1, or expand into an ideal MLP Multiverse theme.

What do you all think?  Should My Little Pony have two co-existing shows like it did with G4(FiM and Equestria Girls)

Another example I know of is Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. OUATIW being a spin-off, but taking place around the time the main character in the original arrived in Storybrooke at the beginning of the first OUAT episode. OUATIW ran for a year, but it didn't focus on the original series. I haven't watched that one yet, but I have seen OUAT; currently finishing it.

As for ponies.. I'm not sure? I mean, I thought Pony Life was just a filler until G5 came out? I could be wrong though.

It's possible, but it may not get enough recognition as G5.

Yes, though they do need to see how well the G5 movie and show perform first. If they were to do a G5 spin-off, a show about the characters exploring the world of G4's past would be really cool. :eager: About Pony Life, will it be phased out? Probably. PL's Season 1 finale made clear it wasn't even shooting to get a second season. 

• Brohoof 1

They could probably do it if they put the time, resources and effort into it. They had the main show and EQG running at the same time there's no reason they couldn't do it again, just depends on what they want out of G5

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...