Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When in time does G5 take place? How long after G4/FiM?

Props Valroa

G4 is a whimsical mix of medieval and early 20th century.  It’s one of the things I enjoyed about it.  While G5 may have space and science fictiony stuff, I don’t want it to be a space opera.  

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to When in time does G5 take place? How long after G4/FiM?
  • 2 years later...

After watching the new make your mark animated series. In the fifth chapter, in episode 4 zipp and sunny take the unicorn elder to the city and she tells them about the story of twilight and the unity crystals and she talked about her great great great great aunt MOONDANCER. Twilights old friend. So questimating that it’s been around 500 years since the reign of twilight sparkle. 

14 hours ago, BerryMoonTwist said:

After watching the new make your mark animated series. In the fifth chapter, in episode 4 zipp and sunny take the unicorn elder to the city and she tells them about the story of twilight and the unity crystals and she talked about her great great great great aunt MOONDANCER. Twilights old friend. So questimating that it’s been around 500 years since the reign of twilight sparkle. 

I don’t think four great grandmothers is THAT long.

let’s assume each generation had a foal at 18 years to set a minimum. Again, to set an approximate minimum, let’s asume she’s at least 60. Now, with a mom let’s add 18 years, that’ll make 78 years. Add a grandmother and add 18 more, totaling 96. 1st Great grandmother 18 with 114. Second with a total of 132, third with 150, and finally her fourth grandmother which could be Moon Dancer’s sister assuming that’s her only one. Since the age difference is unknown, let’s go with the hypothetical scenario they are twins, finalizing with at least 168 years between mid FIM and G5

After watching chapter 5 of Make your mark, i think it depend of how long does ponies lives in mlp and how early were the heir of Moondancer born. It could be between 200 years and 350 years wich is definitly not long enough for a whole civilization to colapse completly in a credible and logical way

Moondancer is the unicorn elders AUNT not grandmother. But also assuming that each pony lives the same lifespan we do (70-100 years old) and considering she is her great great great great aunt, that’s at least 300-500 years and four generations. Assuming one generation is approximately 100 years. And the elder pony is old too so that’s even more time.