Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannot finish Maradice Isle - is this the end?

bulldozerman185

It's been so long since I started the Maradice Isle project, and no matter how hard I look or how hard I try, I'm still unable to get the tileset assets I need to continue development. At this point in time, I've pretty much given up all hope on the project ever getting completed, and so far in the main storyline, we've only JUST set hoof into Equestria!

Sure, I found SOMEBODY whose willing to put aside their time to help get things done, but it's going so slowly, I predict it could be 2029 before I can finally get this thing out the door... if I'm lucky! I can't spend that much time working on this thing. If I had the help I needed since day one, the full game would have been out A YEAR AGO!! The fact that it's still sitting at %20 complete after several years in the development hole has me feeling pretty grim.

Guys, I'm sorry for repeatedly bringing this topic up, but I need help getting the tileset assets I need to continue the game's development. And if this can't happen, well, not only am I going to have to cancel the project, I may just stop showing up on this website altogether ( possibly due to very, uh... "GRUESOME" circumstances I won't go into detail about here ). There's got to be SOMETHING that can be done to fix this mess. I either need some tiles of all/most of the main Equestrian landmarks ( Canterlot, Ponyville and all major buildings therein, etc. ) that I can tinker with to my needs ( and that actually WORKS with RPG Maker VX Ace ), or I need a team of people who can sit down and draw up the assets I need to continue development.

No offense intended, but threatening to call the whole show off if someone doesn't magically provide whatever you need isn't a good way to attract help.

Also maybe just pick -ONE- specific asset you need to help with and focus on that for now.

*PHEW* sorry if I alarmed anybody with my initial post ( my mind was wandering to a pretty dark place when I wrote that ). I've been in a pretty frail frame of mine as of late since this thing's never going to get done.

I'll keep trying to get this game finished, but I'm not %100 sure how I'm supposed to find the help I need. Paying for it is still out of the question, so there's gotta be other options available.

• 2 months later...

Important update regarding Maradice Isle:

@bulldozerman185 has unfortunately lost the data to the game. Unless he’s able to find a backup, the game has to be cancelled. He did say that there are other projects available, however, so people who were working on Maradice or who were interested can still contribute to other games.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

There are tools out there that can  to rip/extract game data or files from the game's "archive" file. So  at least some stuff could be recovered if he's got the executable version.

Is this more of a "lost most of his recent work", then?

P.S. 

Does anybody have the version 0.2.0 demo?

Edited by StormyVenture