Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony noises

Lord Valtasar

On 2021-03-08 at 12:11 PM, Splashee said:

My entry is simply called "Gang On Adventure Again" (implying this music is played in the background every time they have to go on an adventure, lol). I had limited time today so I had to come up with something :P Enjoy:

It has an old-school rpg feel, I think. Nice. 

The song I had in mind is a lot different. 

• Brohoof 1

@Lord Valtasar

I got a few questions before I continue working on any possible entry of mine.

What are the minimum and maximum lengths for our entries?

Can an entry be sort of something like a tale with different bits to tell the "events"?

Edited by Splashee
Added tag to Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

@Lord Valtasar

Can an entry be sort of something like a tale with different bits to tell the "events"?

That shouldn't be an issue. As long as it's not over 10 minutes...but let's see what @Lord Valtasar says. 

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Doesn't work?

Yeah. Tried on Opera, Firefox and Chrome and I'm getting the same error message about it being unavailable because it might have been removed or the user who posted it not having permission to share it to this location.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Yeah. Tried on Opera, Firefox and Chrome and I'm getting the same error message about it being unavailable because it might have been removed or the user who posted it not having permission to share it to this location.

Strange. I don't know how to post it then.

2 hours ago, Califorum said:

Strange. I don't know how to post it then.

If you have it in your attatchments, you could try posting it on link form. You know, you click/tap on the menu thingie of top right, then go to Account > My attatchments. Browse the list and when you find it, right click/press hold till context menu comes out and click/tap on copy link/address. Then paste the link and hope it works.

Else you can always try google drive.

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

If you have it in your attatchments, you could try posting it on link form. You know, you click/tap on the menu thingie of top right, then go to Account > My attatchments. Browse the list and when you find it, right click/press hold till context menu comes out and click/tap on copy link/address. Then paste the link and hope it works.

Else you can always try google drive.

Looks like I no longer have access to the main file I would use. I found this though. Dunno if its anything. 6412669058285568.wav

21 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Looks like I no longer have access to the main file I would use. I found this though. Dunno if its anything. 6412669058285568.wav

Same error. That makes me think is a permission problem of the section. Kind of something along the lines of common users being unable to download attatchments. My theory comes from the fact thunder must have been able to download it given he pointed out your entry was too short, meaning he could at least check the metadata or the properties of said file. Meaning staff can download attatchments from this area but common users don't have the permission to do so, and that launches the error message.

Maybe they could have a look into said issue.

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Same error. That makes me think is a permission problem of the section. Kind of something along the lines of common users being unable to download attatchments. My theory comes from the fact thunder must have been able to download it given he pointed out your entry was too short, meaning he could at least check the metadata or the properties of said file. Meaning staff can download attatchments from this area but common users don't have the permission to do so, and that launches the error message.

Maybe they could have a look into said issue.

Could be the case. I don't have anything else for this, unless you want me to make pony noises into the mic and then send that in. I just don't have the motivation to do another minute or 2 minute long thing at the moment.

20 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

@Lord Valtasar

there is no maximum nor minimum length, and yes, feel free to break it into sub-themes for different parts of your adventure

15 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

That shouldn't be an issue. As long as it's not over 10 minutes...but let's see what @Lord Valtasar says. 

there is no limit of 10 minutes, it could be a whole score if anyone's up to that, highly unlikely and pretty much too tall a task, but i won't complain :D

@Califorum Do you think you could try posting it on YouTube and pasting a link here? YouTube only allows video uploads, but it's not too difficult to slap a picture (such as your profile picture here or some fanart you've made) on it in Movie Maker. Then you just save as a video and upload. Could you try that?

@Califorum perhaps splashee came to the same conclusion as I.

All well, while they fix the issue, if you have a copy of the file and want other users to listen to it but don't want to bother with making an account on any file sharing platform, you could use /mlp/'s anonymous upload system smutty.horse. Drag and drop and then just copy the link they generate and you're good to go. That's what I'm gonna do if I finish my entry in time.

https://smutty.horse/

• Brohoof 1

@Lord Valtasar This link (which is just a mp3 file):

On 2021-03-10 at 4:50 AM, Califorum said:

@ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash

Make sure you have VLC video player. Made a better one. 

20210309_223613.mp3 938.1 kB · 3 downloads

I can download it, and it plays in any player (since mp3 is so common). As long as it allows us to download from the forum, it should be okay.

1 minute ago, Splashee said:

@Lord Valtasar This link (which is just a mp3 file):

I can download it, and it plays in any player (since mp3 is so common). As long as it allows us to download from the forum, it should be okay.

yeah, i can listen to it, and i don't see why wouldn't everyone be able to

40 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

yeah, i can listen to it, and i don't see why wouldn't everyone be able to

There's a common factor sir.

Staff users seem to not get the permission error message, while common users get it.

Screenshot_20210314-114348_Opera.thumb.jpg.788175f1d7190167e57b0e1900cda812.jpg

My guess is the permissions of the subforum allow users to add attatchments, but not to open them. Is about someone checking the permissions for the subforum on the admin panel. Still, I don't know if the restriction was set with a purpose.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Jesse Terrence said:

There's a common factor sir.

Staff users seem to not get the permission error message, while common users get it.

Screenshot_20210314-114348_Opera.thumb.jpg.788175f1d7190167e57b0e1900cda812.jpg

My guess is the permissions of the subforum allow users to add attatchments, but not to open them. Is about someone checking the permissions for the subforum on the admin panel. Still, I don't know if the restriction was set with a purpose.

hmm.. i see, what if it's uploaded somewhere else and you just share a link to there?