Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony noises

Lord Valtasar

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Hmmm, what about Google drive?

Probably can. The 30 second file I had made I unfortunately lost for some reason so If I want to make something again I'll have to re-make that. It's a bit demoralizing to have made something I was actually proud of and then it gets lost lol. 

17 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Probably can. The 30 second file I had made I unfortunately lost for some reason so If I want to make something again I'll have to re-make that. It's a bit demoralizing to have made something I was actually proud of and then it gets lost lol. 

Oh dear...I'm really sorry that happened...it totally sucks...hold on...I think I still may have a copy of the original...

EDIT: You're in luck! I got it!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Oh dear...I'm really sorry that happened...it totally sucks...hold on...I think I still may have a copy of the original...

EDIT: You're in luck! I got it!

Phew. Thank god. You are referring to the 30 second one? The 8 second one I don't think would cut it. 

Moments ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Yes sir! It's the 30 second one.

There we go, thank you. What do you think of it? Knowing that you do that sort of thing all the time (I think) and that was my second time doing it.

Moments ago, Califorum said:

There we go, thank you. What do you think of it? Knowing that you do that sort of thing all the time (I think) and that was my second time doing it.

I'll tell you after the competition is over. 

*sweats in 5/4*

OK, so uhh here's the thing...

Spoiler

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Apo0MSL1uil11UyatnTCAjStkUkuWJ46?usp=sharing

I actually have two version of the same exact song because I originally made the entire composition microtonal. I made a second version in standard tuning (labeled 12tet) as a point of comparison, and I can tell that the 12tet version has lost a lot of character being converted. That drive link has both the 31edo version and 12tet version, plus the actual sheet music for extra reference.

You may be hard pressed to find a difference, but you'll know what I mean when you hear the C harmonic 7 supermajor 3 omit 5 chord (or the C7 squeeze chord, as I'm probably gonna call it from now on).

As for the song itself:

• It's only short enough for a smol interlude rather than a long cutscene.
  • It's mainly in C mixolydian, with some elements of mixolydian flat 6 mixed in. Dominant 7 chords are described as "engines of harmony", and mixolydian has a I7 chord naturally built in.
  • It's also in 5/4 time for extra wonkiness.
  • As I mentioned, it's microtonal (except for the version that isn't); specifically 31 equal divisions of the octave, instead of the usual 12 equal divisions.

• Brohoof 5

On 2021-03-20 at 6:34 PM, Jesse Terrence said:

That means... like... 11 days?

if you're almost done and the deadline is too close, just pm me and i can give little extention

• Brohoof 1

Think im too late for this one haha (I don't have time and motivation to make a proper entry) but I entered the other contests x3 

But if there is contest like this in the future I may. 

Good luck everyone who entered! 

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, flurry said:

But if there is contest like this in the future I may. 

maybe not exactly like this, but we'll definately have more music contests in the future

• Brohoof 3

As soon as I saw the theme I've got an idea for a song, but I got busy with other things, so rip. I'm afraid it would be rather too ambitious to start, given the little amount of time left.

However, they've just added a gadget to toy with in a game I'm playing, so I accepted the challenge to do something with it. I didn't aim to put too much time into it, so it's just a simple original composition I came up with. While I didn't intend it to be an entry for this contest, I suppose it may work as one. ut1EJDR.png

As for the song, it gives me that minecraftish-morning feel. Makes me think of a bright new day, where one is about to set for an adventure. Heh it actually made me want to play Minecraft. :muffins:

Spoiler

On 2021-03-21 at 1:47 PM, amenpony said:

Here is my entry:

That's an EPIC chiptune! vZJiciE.png

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned