Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Military (or military affiliated) Bronies?

Twiliscael

I'm member of the swedish junior group i think you could call it and are not allowed to shoot with AK4 or AK5 because i need to bee 17 years old. Now we are learning the basics, how to talk through phones with the "military lanugage", spy, and so on. A dream i have is to be a coop, military of some sort or SWAT or a special force, my father was a FN soldier witch i think is cool. I think the most of my military intersets is from a friend of my how adores weapons, military and so on.

Has plans of joining the service after high school, possibly army, air force, or Illinois national guard.

Why are you joining? are you in a military family?

My parents are in Air force, I also have family in the army. I'm applying for the army ROTC scholarship to university of Kentucky this fall. Me and my girlfriend will both attend there (she already has the scholarship). She is going for combat medic, I will be going for their veterinary program. We will both graduate as officers. :)

• Brohoof 1

I would like to have some kind of military experience of some sort, but I'm not really a fan of how the army has been handled post-ww2. Nevertheless, I still have a ton of respect for the soldiers themselves whether it be the ones of the past, present, or future.

Former Active Duty Army. E-4 on my ETS. Artillery for four years, did a 15-month tour in Iraq doing mostly infantry work. Looking at going back in.

And I'll say this for those wanting to join or those preparing to go in. Working for the federal government sucks. You will wait in more lines, do more paperwork and be so frustrated some days you'll want to strangle someone. BUT! You will have more fun doing your job and meeting like minded people, that you know would jump in front of a bullet for you, than you could ever have as a civilian. You will belong to an elite brotherhood and everyone you meet will actually feel like family.

Short version: Being in the service is to coolest and most awesome annoying job in the world. Haha. And I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Greetings everypony! For those of you who haven't met me yet, I'm Ol' Sarge. I came here after attending the BronyCon with my son, SkullBuster. While we were there, the Brony Documentary producers invited all of us current and former military bronies. I was impressed with the turn out of about 30 or so military bronies.

I am currently a full time Soldier in the Army National Guard in South Carolina. I have been in the military (National Guard and Regular Army) for the past 24 years, including a deployment to Iraq in '04/05 and one to Afghanistan in '10. Oh, and I am a Sergeant First Class (or E-7). If you have any questions about life in the US Military, let me know. I am not a recruiter and I'll give it to you straight. Not everyone is cut out for the military. No shame in it, that's just the way it is.

Anyway, Salute and Semper Filly

Edited by Ol' Sarge
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

10 years US Air Force here. I served as a 2W2 active duty for 8 years and 2 years reserve as a 3M0

I love my military service and will always cherish it. I served in Minot AFB as a nuclear warhead maintenance operator and then as a cook. The first job was the most challenging thing I have ever done. Not because it was particularly hard, rather I found the unbelievable amount of laws and restrictions (for obvious reasons) very difficult to work under

The second job was alot more fun

I was an E-5 (Staff Sergeant) when I left. I may go back as an officer but that is undecided

So..yes military brony here!

Greetings everypony! For those of you who haven't met me yet, I'm Ol' Sarge. I came here after attending the BronyCon with my son, SkullBuster. While we were there, the Brony Documentary producers invited all of us current and former military bronies. I was impressed with the turn out of about 30 or so military bronies.

I am currently a full time Soldier in the Army National Guard in South Carolina. I have been in the military (National Guard and Regular Army) for the past 24 years, including a deployment to Iraq in '04/05 and one to Afghanistan in '10. Oh, and I am a Sergeant First Class (or E-7). If you have any questions about life in the US Military, let me know. I am not a recruiter and I'll give it to you straight. Not everyone is cut out for the military. No shame in it, that's just the way it is.

Anyway, Salute and Semper Filly

What was your MOS?

Edited by Cupcake Ice Cream

Why are you joining? are you in a military family?

My family is not military, the main reason why? I need a job. The job market has been worsening for people of my age, and I would also like to make my parents proud, my grandparents did serve in the military during WWII and the Korean War.

I am a military brat since both of my parents served in the Air Force and only recently retired. I was born on Keesler AFB, then proceeded to travel to Eglin AFB, Kadena AFB, Cannon AFB, Lakenheath AFB, Whiteman AFB, and Scott AFB where my parents retired.

So yes, I'm not enlisted but I do have a ton of experience being around the military my whole life. I am thinking of joining the Air Force as an Officer if my career path doesn't work out.

• 1 year later...

I'm reviving this thread, as Slyentmana and myself are both military bronies and we would like to find more bronies out there. We both drill at the same command and are planning on attending Brony Con this year.

• 3 months later...