Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will There Be Romance In My Little Pony G5?

bwrosas

On 2021-03-03 at 12:27 AM, bwrosas said:

It seems that may be the case, if the moment in the animated teaser is anything to go by, especially between Sunny and Hitch.

...Except playfully shoving each other is not an indication of romance. The three are obviously good friends so to see two of them being playful is not anything to “go by”. 

This is the problem I have with these kinds of theories, some fans jump to conclusions based on a singular scene or line. It’s fine to wonder and hope but to say confidently, at this point in time, that the two will be probably into each other? No.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

At this point it would equally likely that Sunny and Hitch turn out to be SIBLINGS and were just messing with each other.

I know the shipping reflexes are strong, but give it a little more time @bwrosas:P

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 7

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

At this point it would equally likely that Sunny and Hitch turn out to be SIBLINGS and were just messing with each other.

I know the shipping reflexes are strong, but give it a little more time @bwrosas:P

Oh I will.  I'm just speculating based on character interactions from other movies or shows, that do something like that, and it proves to be correct.

Eventually there will be, I have no doubt on that. I also have an equal lack of doubt that the romance they will eventually go with will be of the utmost cliche variety which will be fuuuuuuuuuuuun. Fun = Blech in this case. 

• Brohoof 4

Now that most people say that Sunny and Hitch look like siblings I'm starting to see it too. While some romance may happen in the G5 series, I don't believe we'll be seeing too much of that in the movie (as in there might be a couple in the background, but background ponies don't necessarily contribute to the story).

• Brohoof 2

romance in mlp has always been terrible i would not advise for it

im just praying to god hitch and sunny are siblings even though i kinda hate that trope too of only men can be seen around with girls as friends just because theyre siblings

At first I thought that Sunny and Hitch might be a couple, but then I figured that they are most likely just siblings playing around.

As for romance, it is very shaky. Romance can be done right, but often times it is done rather poorly. I don't really want the writers to take the risk, because it could make the characters and/or the episodes unenjoyable if done poorly. Plus, there's no real need to add romance in a show mainly just about friendship. So will there be romance? Maybe, but if there is, I hope it is rather minimal.

• Brohoof 2

What can I say that hasn't already been said by others on this page. if there's to be any romance on the show it's probably not going to be the main focus and more background kind of thing.

But my key point remain the same: as long as the two characters have mutual feelings for each other and want to be together we shouldn't demand that they break up and be with somebody else just because we think the pairing is in the way of someone's OTP. If these characters were real it should be THEIR choice and we should not forcing them to be with someone they're not happy with.

I think neigh. Modern Disney hates ships so Hasbro gotta hate em too. You have to conceal not feel.

image.png.fa51a60aebbaee827ea939aa11f8cc09.png

Personally got nothing against ships but pony does not have good ships atm. Steven Universe has good ship :3

51 minutes ago, 75ponii said:

im just praying to god hitch and sunny are siblings even though i kinda hate that trope too of only men can be seen around with girls as friends just because theyre siblings

Oh I hate that trope too, but hey, Izzy (and presumably Pipp) is still there. So he’s not hanging out with just his (possible) sister.

Will there be romance in G5?  Most likely.  Will it involve any of the mane cast?  Less likely. 

G4 got away with most of its romance bits in secondary and background ponies like Big Mac/Sugar Belle, Lyra/Bon Bon, Shinning Armor/Cadence, etc.  Not sure I count Rarity's crushes or Spike's attraction as 'romance', but the mane cast in FiM avoided romance until the time skip and it was all off screen anyways.  Romance for main characters is hard to balance when there is little time allotted for development and if they aren't already established, then to do it properly would require enough episodes that it'd take focus away from the main plot. 

• Brohoof 1

Um...maybe? It happened in G4 despite never being a central conflict, but I would never assume that just from two characters playfully shoving each other. This is the same world where character playfully bump their butts together. :dash: And who can forget this...

1645783.gif 

5 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

This is something the fans are going to come up with on their own just like how it was in G4.

Which is the best way, IMO. At least as far as pony is concerned.

While some romance is fine, it would be better kept to later seasons and it shouldn't be the forefront of the show. Too much (unnecessary) romance can really spoil otherwise good shows. So some romance can be done well, but it's best kept to a minimum.