Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will There Be Romance In My Little Pony G5?

bwrosas

The characters seem to me younger than the Mane 6, so it’s a strong possibility. I hope it’s kept to a minimum of so, romance tend to be more of a liability when portrayed in media :yuck:

On 2021-03-03 at 7:27 AM, bwrosas said:

It seems that may be the case, if the moment in the animated teaser is anything to go by, especially between Sunny and Hitch.

Yes, it looks that way. But I think it has to do with the 3D animation crew learning how to do things right. They were trying to have this "big brother best friends forever" cuteness going on, but the way Hitch's expression is done, it is adding a little bit too much into that scene.
I believe they will tone (tune/tweak) it down for the movie.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-03-03 at 7:43 AM, The Wife of Hawks said:

...Except playfully shoving each other is not an indication of romance. The three are obviously good friends so to see two of them being playful is not anything to “go by”. 

This is the problem I have with these kinds of theories, some fans jump to conclusions based on a singular scene or line. It’s fine to wonder and hope but to say confidently, at this point in time, that the two will be probably into each other? No.

Agree with this 100%. People always look at these tiny details that obviously mean absolutely nothing and then come to these far fetched conclusions.

• 6 months later...

Oh gosh I hope not. Leave shipping to the fandom, that way if you don't like one, it wasn't canon anyway. Don't ruin something good. I couldn't stand any shipping episode in G4 except Hearts and Hooves Day.

• Brohoof 2

Despite honoring G4, it’s clear they wanna make new dynamics in there which the Mane 6 hadn’t. We got a stallion, two princesses, which are sisters and closer to age than any of the Mane 6 who applied to. With that, romance is possible 

I would say I don't mind if there is romance. I didn't mind it in G4 as long it's built up correctly and not just random af. And there were some decent romance moments in G4

Spike and Gabby, Big Mac and Sugar Belle

Tho the former was random it never went super serious romance anyway. But either way great episode. 

I was waiting for either Rarity and Applejack or Starlight and Trixie or something that we saw get developed for a while. It didn't happen and that's fine, but then in the finale we see Sandbar and Yona and it's like bruh we don't even know about Sandbars aspirations etc. And Applejack and Rainbow Dash out of nowhere like come on. 

If Sunny and Izzy get together that'd be nice. I feel like the movie really built up this great dynamic between the two. From the main group, Id probably only want one couple and then someone in group have a romance outside of the main group. 

I can't stand when shows have to ship every character in the end like romance is the end all be all. Really liked that Rarity was with anypony at the end tho I was hoping the single status would be reserved for Rainbow Dash. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think some add in of romance would be bad at all for the show coming up.    We had a lot of side ponies get some of it and even married in later seasons as the show went on.

I dunno actually. I feel like it would be safer not to do that, but I could see it happening. It's pretty much a coin toss at this point.

If there is, it will very likely be between Sunny and Hitch, and not just because of what the creators want or because it seemingly always happens with childhood friends. 

1042041641_G5RomancePoll.jpg.e4cd55f8f2a21db45d8b3ac27769e0b8.jpg

It seems that is what the fans who want romance in the show would want to. :arethosehands:

I don't think there will be, because modern kids' shows don't often do romance nowadays. 

For example, Branch and Poppy confessed their love for each other in Trolls World Tour, but in the subsequent series (TrollsTopia) there is no indication they're in love from what I've seen.

I personally think pony romance in G5 would be adorable, but I won't be disappointed if there isn't any, because I'm not really expecting it.