Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could G4 become a pillar for the franchise?

eddeams

As in, the basis for future incarnations for My Little Pony? Even having different continuities based on it like G1 Transformers? Hell, even G5 is stated to take place in the future of FiM. (Much like how Beast Wars revolves around the descendants of the Autobots and Decepticons)

• Brohoof 1

Considering it's popularity, I would say it has a high chance of becoming the foundation for future generations. Also, G5 seems to be using it as a foundation from what I've seen.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Considering it's popularity, I would say it has a high chance of becoming the foundation for future generations. Also, G5 seems to be using it as a foundation from what I've seen.

Do you think characters and elements originating from it (The Mane Six, the Elements of Harmony, Equestria, etc.) will also become staples of the franchise as a whole?

Edited by eddeams

19 hours ago, eddeams said:

Do you think characters and elements originating from it (The Mane Six, the Elements of Harmony, Equestria, etc.) will also become staples of the franchise as a whole?

Yes, I do think many things such as characters and elements in G4 will become staples of the franchise.

On 2021-03-07 at 5:55 PM, Fluttershutter said:

I'd say it already is.

This. In my mind, it already is, and has been the pillar of the franchise for quite some time. Friendship is Magic succeeded the franchise's low point with the Newborn Cuties and gave the franchise widespread appeal. It's a common phenomenon for what popularizes a franchise in such a way to become the dominant style of the series, like with Resident Evil 4 and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Looking at the homages to FiM from what's been leaked of G5, it seems that will be the case here too. 

• Brohoof 1