Banner by ~ The Wife of Hawks

What if Luna actually managed to escape and had a ACTUAL role in the movie?

Remember how Luna could have escaped if Tempest didn't decide to be reckless and statue-ed Luna while she was freaking flying?
That scene really got on my nerves since Tempest risked Luna shattering and be one alicorn short.  It screams the writers pulling off all the stops to ensure all princesses not named "Twilight 'chosen one' Sparkle" gets taken out.  
Anyway.. what if Luna manages to dodge the orb(or Tempest realizing its too risky to use it on her while Luna is freaking flying) and manages to escape and actually have a role in the movie rather than being stuck as a freaking statue for the entire movie?  
How would things had gone?

Register now to remove this ad.
(edited)

Probably better, that's for sure. I think Luna's also a fan favorite. If she accompanied the Main 6, the fans would go nuts and the movie might have sharply increased sales.

I hate those orbs as much as you do, see my thread, "If those orbs that the villains throw didn't exist, what would the beginning of the movie be like? How would the adventure get started?".

I mean, Luna is over 1,000 years old. She shouldn't be killable that easily, and yet the writers created a cheap, bare bones, and unexplained concept that could kill her easily.

Edited by DPBOX

5 minutes ago, DPBOX said:

Probably better, that's for sure. I think Luna's also a fan favorite. If she accompanied the Main 6, the fans would go nuts and the movie might have sharply increased sales.

I hate those orbs as much as you do, see my thread, "If those orbs that the villains throw didn't exist, what would the beginning of the movie be like? How would the adventure get started?".

I mean, Luna is over 1,000 years old. She shouldn't be killable that easily, and yet the writers created a cheap, bare bones, and unexplained concept that could kill her easily.

Which aggravates me even more that despite Luna is a fan-favorite, they still horribly shafted her at this once-in-a-lifetime thing pretty much.

Honestly they could have kept the orbs but have Luna actually DODGE them(or Tempest realizing its too risky to use them while Luna is still flying).
If Twilight was able to be the hero despite the bad guy's having something like those orbs, then Luna should have been able to escape and be a hero too.
In fact having two of the princesses statued instead of having 3 of the 4  would be more "balanced".  

Well, you sure are right about one thing. They should have just been able to dodge the orbs, especially while flying and especially after they saw what the orbs did to Cadence. And, yes, what you said would be more "balanced".

And also, if Celestia and Luna are petrified, who's going to raise the sun and moon??!! If Luna was free, there'd definitely be an answer to that question.

16 minutes ago, DPBOX said:

Well, you sure are right about one thing. They should have just been able to dodge the orbs, especially while flying and especially after they saw what the orbs did to Cadence. And, yes, what you said would be more "balanced".

And also, if Celestia and Luna are petrified, who's going to raise the sun and moon??!! If Luna was free, there'd definitely be an answer to that question.

Really.. I wonder why did the writers shafted Luna horribly anyway despite she's a fan-favorite?

• 1 month later...