Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If You Were an Earth Pony in Equestria, how would you want to get around?

Courageous Thunder Dash

If You Were an Earth Pony in Equestria, how would you want to get around?  

18 users have voted

1. 1. How would you get around Equestria?

• Walk
    • Take the train
    • Hot Air Balloon
    • Zepplin
    • Take a taxi

So what if you woke up as an earth pony in Equestria. You had no other choice but to be an earth pony. How would you choose to get around? Why do you choose that method?

For me, I'd choose to walk and take in the views. If possible, I'd call for a taxi. For longer trips, I'd either take a train or a zeppelin. 

Ha, the taxi option is actually a valid one, if living in Manehattan :ticking:

I (as an Earth Pony) would actually take the train, or trot myself.

I think that for an Earth pony, the great physical strength and endurance you get as your type benefit would mean you would have the sheer joy of galloping (just like a pegasus pony would want to fly whenever possible)

Mechanically assisted transport would only be for when there is no other choice (or if the best route requires flight)

• Brohoof 1

I would go with the most basic option, that being walking. I enjoy a good walk as it lets me see things all around me at my own pace and even appreciate it all.

• Brohoof 1

Shucks! I wanted to be a pegasus :yay:!

But if I had to be an Earth Pony, I'd most likely walk for short distances and take the train for long distances. That just seems like it would be simplest way for an Earth Pony to get around. Though maybe I could have some pegasi fly me around in a cart. Even though it wouldn't be as awesome as actually being a pegasus, it would at least feel somewhat like flying.

• Brohoof 1

I've gone most of my life walking because everything I needed growing up was within a mile of my home. I imagine the Equestrian equivalent would be even more compact so that's what I'd still be doing.

As an adult and after moving elsewhere I still had a fair bit of walking but I started taking the bus as well. Got tired if walking to the bus stop so I started taking Uber a lot. Pandemic saw the end of those, so I guess I'd technically be back to walking but taxi would've been the answer at one point.

I'd like to add a slightly more luxurious form of transportation, via Sky Chariot.

I voted train and Zeppelin. I have always loved travel by train, and always wanted to ride in style in an airship! Not kidding. I've always wanted to, long before I saw any in MLP!

(Just use helium, NOT hydrogen!)

sig-3792448.My_little_airship.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

15 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

Get a car and have unicorns "gas" it up for me

I was thinking of a unicorn horn filling up the car's tank when I read that:

41iQuwCgSpL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-03-19 at 10:11 PM, Landi72 said:

But if I had to be an Earth Pony, I'd most likely walk for short distances and take the train for long distances. That just seems like it would be simplest way for an Earth Pony to get around. Though maybe I could have some pegasi fly me around in a cart. Even though it wouldn't be as awesome as actually being a pegasus, it would at least feel somewhat like flying.

Or take whatever voodoo powers Tank's propeller, stick it in a ducted fan, and add wings.

img-2605271-1-cc64a4e84d8aca601990b8e5c2558326.jpg.d68553abd53b57c1d21a1478a4def46b.jpg

I could also use my engineering background to develop a practical automobile.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, HedonismBot said:

Or take whatever voodoo powers Tank's propeller, stick it in a ducted fan, and add wings.

It just wouldn't be the same as actually having my own pair of awesome wings :yay:. Being able to feel the wind on my feathers as I soar around would be a fun and soothing feeling. Plus, the ability to walk on clouds would be a very nice thing to have.

• Brohoof 1

Well I guess I would take the train since it seems to go to nearly every corner of Equestria, and it seems to be the most convenient and fastest mode of transportation, though a zeppelin would be really neat to do for sightseeing cruises and such around cities like Manehatten :ooh: Of course as an earth pony I would still end up dong lots of walking regardless, I guess that's kind of unavoidable though >_> 

53 minutes ago, Landi72 said:

It just wouldn't be the same as actually having my own pair of awesome wings :yay:. Being able to feel the wind on my feathers as I soar around would be a fun and soothing feeling. Plus, the ability to walk on clouds would be a very nice thing to have.

"Sonic Rainboom" showed off a cloud-walking spell. Perhaps it may be possible to enchant it into some footwear.

• 4 weeks later...

I’d get around on land by rickshaw, preferably with some sort of canopy for those hot days. But seeing as I’m normally a Pegasus, I’d have to have some means of flying above it all, so maybe an ‘air rickshaw’ pulled by a Pegasus.

On 2021-04-11 at 8:22 AM, HedonismBot said:

img-2605271-1-cc64a4e84d8aca601990b8e5c2558326.jpg.d68553abd53b57c1d21a1478a4def46b.jpg

Then again, being self-sufficient in one of these would be the best option of all. Looks very cool @HedonismBot!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

From these five options I select the following three

• Walking
  • Taxi
  • Zepplin

Walking: because you want to explore this land be able to go everywhere to see everything. Travel by foot is best way from these option for this. And even RD walks sometimes

Taxi: If either walking and zeppelin is not a good option, I would take Taxi.

Zepplin: If I can choose (and I can) I would definitely pick a travel method which involves being in the air. Besides there is absolutely no way for me getting somehow to Equestria and then missing out on the chance to see this place from above.

On 2021-03-20 at 3:11 AM, Landi72 said:

I feel you right there :dash:

• Brohoof 2