Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you live in the US, which state would you move to?

Props Valroa

Living in New York really sucks. I would probably move to Texas, Maine, or New Hampshire. Definitely a state with lower taxes, and with better weather. At least I wouldn't have as much snow and cloud cover. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I would like to move back to Washington state if I could. I don't know why people think Texas is such a great state, it's really not and the outages have proven that. Washington might not be perfect (Seattle's handling of CHAZ is an example, and of course how Seattle people whine and complain about other people existing that just so happen to live in tents across the street because they've been abandoned by a country that doesn't care for them), but it's the closest there is in these here states.

I've been losing a decent amount of fondness for this country, and from my time living here especially during the pandemic, well, this country is really not the greatest in the world by a longshot.

• Brohoof 3

Alongside the coast, I wouldn’t go northern than North Carolina. About other places, I’m thinking about Tennessee, Colorado, or if closer, Clearwater Florida. 

On 2021-03-22 at 11:26 PM, ExplosionMare said:

Probably Florida so I could go to Disney World all the time

I live in Orlando, and I’m having a difficult time going to parks due to work :sunny:. Stupid virus isn’t helping :Cozy:

I would try Minnesota if I had to move or even back to AZ given I lived there for ten years.    I live in MI rights now and I love the land and come from the U.P,  my family has roots here dating back to the 1600's.  Just MI in someway like with Redtape and etc, also a lot of just dumb ppl. 

I would definitely move to somewhere in New England. If I had the option to pick any of the states regardless of expense, probably Massachusetts. I know, I have said New Hampshire and Maine in the past, but they are a bit too conservative for my tastes. Of course, any of the New England states are a paradise compared to the deep red territory I live in and I would be so happy to end up in either Maine or New Hampshire (just as long as we're in a blue area).

No matter where in those areas the climate would be one thousand times better than where I live. I would turn into a completely different person, because down here Spring depresses the heck out of me and it makes me a rather miserable person to be around while everyone else is happy.

I wanna move. I'm so envious (ha) of anyone that gets to live in those states.

An area that's more financially viable that I'd be okay with moving is Michigan... Ann Arbor, Lansing, or suburbs outside of Detroit (I live in a suburb of a bigger city already, I like the suburban life) are the areas I'm thinking of if we never get to move to New England.

Anywhere that's not named Missouri or any midwestern state. I don't like being in a part of the country where severe storms are frequent. I'd prefer a state where it's easy to travel by walking because I cannot drive for medical-related reasons.

14 hours ago, Magic Note said:

Anywhere that's not named Missouri or any midwestern state. I don't like being in a part of the country where severe storms are frequent. I'd prefer a state where it's easy to travel by walking because I cannot drive for medical-related reasons.

Indeed. As far as I'm concerned the whole of the plains, southeast and most of the midwest is just straight-up unlivable. People treat tornadoes like a joke where I live, too, and that's just ridiculous. They are extremely dangerous and I am terrified every single Spring.

I've come to the conclusion that the Northeast is the best place to live in the US climate-wise. Tornadoes are rare, hurricanes are possible (unfortunately) but are rare. The biggest thing I'd be worried about when looking for a house is that it's not in an area that floods, as that happens everywhere.

I also very much agree with your latter point, as I can't drive for medical-related reasons, either. A place where public transportation is standard instead of driving cars sounds like a good place for me to live. Although, public transportation comes with ton of drawbacks that scare me. You can't really win either way if you don't drive, but at least in public transportation areas you have a way of getting around without someone else having to drive you around.

• Brohoof 2

Not a specific state, but to be honest I've always kind of wanted to move to a big city like Denver or Los Angeles in particular although that's pretty much wishful thinking. I feel like California would be nice because of the warmer climate (that isn't straight up dead heat like Arizona or something) but it'd probably be too expensive for me.

I've also thought about moving to Vermont in the past even though that's kind of on the opposite end. Just seems like a nice culture in general.

Edited by ExpitheCat

Cool so my state wasn’t mentioned. I was about to urge people not to come here.

I don’t have a specific state, I’d just like to live in a bigger city. Someplace with stuff to do as opposed to being in a small run down town.

New Mexico, California, or Colorado. 

Warmer and more progressive states. 

California obviously has access to jobs in entertainment and great cuisine and the beach, New Mexico is not as congested as the other two but still has lots to do, and Arizona has access to skiing. 

And all three have great scenery

I'm happy here in DC for now but eventually the intense humidity in the summer might drive me away. :scoots: I could see myself living in Boston Massachusetts maybe. I'm definitely never going back to live in my home state of Ohio... there's nothing for me there.

I don't live in America but by far the dream state would be Texas. Love deserts dudes hehe. That and gun rights are very important and Texas seems like the type of state to understand that also freedom of speech is very important. Freedom in general is important.

• Brohoof 3

On 2021-03-29 at 8:30 PM, SparklingSwirls said:

I'm happy here in DC for now but eventually the intense humidity in the summer might drive me away. :scoots: I could see myself living in Boston Massachusetts maybe. I'm definitely never going back to live in my home state of Ohio... there's nothing for me there.

Seems a common problem with swampy cities :yuck:. Same shit here in Orlando. Good thing I’m getting transferred to a new, and more physically comfortable position by mid April. I ain’t dealing with more warehouse picking in this humidity :eww:

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I don't live in America but by far the dream state would be Texas. Love deserts dudes hehe. That and gun rights are very important and Texas seems like the type of state to understand that also freedom of speech is very important. Freedom in general is important.

You and me both!

I would move from where i currently am in Indiana to Colorado, lots of wilderness and mountains to explore and also during winter i can snowboard, cant really do that in flat ol' indiana xD

• Brohoof 1

I'm considering moving to Georgia to be with a few internet friends relatively soon, tbh.

Just got back from visiting them last week and gotta say, really loving the state! :fluttershy:

Montana, without a doubt. Specifically the western corner where all the forests and national parks are. Summers aren't too hot, gun laws hardly exist, the population density is low, there's mountains, and it's beautiful. Oh, and there's no sales tax. What's not to love?

• Brohoof 4