Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you live in the US, which state would you move to?

Props Valroa

Lived in California for most my life and i wouldnt tell anyone to go there. Lived in Washington state and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. In Illinois and im wanting to move away from the country. I migfht try Oregon next. 

• Brohoof 2

I like Texas.

Although something cooler would be nice. Colorado's good but it's pricy. Still want to be close to a major city if not living there immediately. NM seems lonely. Wherever my career takes me.

• Brohoof 4

I love living in California and wouldn’t want to move, but if I had to move I’d live in Hawaii. I spent two months there as a teenager and it was every bit the paradise they advertise in the travel brochures. Otherwise I’d probably go back to Nevada. I used to live in Las Vegas and it was pretty nice for the most part, even though it’s changing fast, and not for the better.

• Brohoof 1

I have lived in the US a few times now and it's always been in the midwest. If I were to move back, it would probably still be there. I like the less brutal summers and smaller populations.

• Brohoof 2

I don’t know, since there’s a lot of places I haven’t been. Maybe a little lower on the east coast. Maybe a little higher. Or maybe Wyoming. :crackle:

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-04-13 at 12:20 AM, WWolf said:

I like Texas.

How in the world could like you actually like Texas?

And I thought I knew you. *runs away in tears*

Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, or generally any place up north and cooler. I've lived in California my whole life and while it's a very nice place to live, the biggest downside(besides blistering summers) is that it's incredibly expensive to live, and I'd love to live someplace cheaper. I'd want to move to Texas for the same reason but there's plenty of things going on over there that does make me reconsider every now and then

1 hour ago, Envy said:

How in the world could like you actually like Texas?

And I thought I knew you. *runs away in tears*

Oh silly Envy, there's more to Texas than politics and scorching heat :P .

There's the various landscapes like the beaches and hill country, awesome food and BBQ, the Alamo, plus the stars at night (that are big and bright (if you're deep in the heart of the state)). Plenty to see and do too (exclude Lubbock).

The entirety of the US is a dumpster fire of endless stupid bullshit. Would prefer to get out of this shitheap entirely. The states dont even exist to most people anyways. We are always thrown into the cancerous mass.

8 hours ago, WWolf said:

Oh silly Envy, there's more to Texas than politics and scorching heat :P .

There's the various landscapes like the beaches and hill country, awesome food and BBQ, the Alamo, plus the stars at night (that are big and bright (if you're deep in the heart of the state)). Plenty to see and do too (exclude Lubbock).

I just don't think that any of that matters as much as the crappy politics and the climate. (which the problem with the climate is far more than the heat, it's also the fact that it is prone to severe thunderstorms/tornadoes, and even hurricanes).

2 hours ago, Envy said:

I just don't think that any of that matters as much as the crappy politics and the climate. (which the problem with the climate is far more than the heat, it's also the fact that it is prone to severe thunderstorms/tornadoes, and even hurricanes).

We just had a storm dodge our city, like always :wacko: . If you're far enough South you're moderately (dare I say severely) safe from the storms, but yes most of the state is at risk of bad storms :P .

I guess I can't really say I mind politics when my city is so blue though :huh: . I don't really bring it out very often but I guess it'd be awkward if someone brought it up and I had to say I was on the other team :P . I wouldn't mind as much ... but would they? Depends on the issue.

12 hours ago, Megas said:

Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, or generally any place up north and cooler. I've lived in California my whole life and while it's a very nice place to live, the biggest downside(besides blistering summers) is that it's incredibly expensive to live, and I'd love to live someplace cheaper. I'd want to move to Texas for the same reason but there's plenty of things going on over there that does make me reconsider every now and then

Bless your heart. You think California’s summers are hot wait until you experience the summers in Texas. Personally, I think I would move back to California if I could. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, WWolf said:

We just had a storm dodge our city, like always :wacko: . If you're far enough South you're moderately (dare I say severely) safe from the storms, but yes most of the state is at risk of bad storms :P .

I wouldn't trust anywhere in Texas. Lol. South Texas just means being more prone to hurricanes, in addition to the already bad tornado threat.

10 hours ago, WWolf said:

I guess I can't really say I mind politics when my city is so blue though :huh: . I don't really bring it out very often but I guess it'd be awkward if someone brought it up and I had to say I was on the other team :P . I wouldn't mind as much ... but would they? Depends on the issue.

I guess I can't relate with that. There is no such thing as a blue city in my state.

I definitely don't think Texas or California would be good to live in because their summers are way too hot for me. If I lived on the coast of Texas, then that'd mean I'd also have to watch out for hurricanes. Those are two states I definitely don't want to live in.

6 hours ago, Envy said:

I wouldn't trust anywhere in Texas. Lol. South Texas just means being more prone to hurricanes, in addition to the already bad tornado threat.

I guess I can't relate with that. There is no such thing as a blue city in my state.

Heh, here we're mostly safe from both tornadoes and hurricanes. Far enough South for tornadoes (and no snow), far enough West for the hurricanes. Hurricane Harvey was just a lot of rain for us. We're a big storm deflector.

Yessss you have OKC but they default to Boomer Sooner.

Also liked how beautifully you said you hate OU and how you wish for them to lose every game you are awesome :please:.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, WWolf said:

Heh, here we're mostly safe from both tornadoes and hurricanes. Far enough South for tornadoes (and no snow), far enough West for the hurricanes. Hurricane Harvey was just a lot of rain for us. We're a big storm deflector.

Yessss you have OKC but they default to Boomer Sooner.

Also liked how beautifully you said you hate OU and how you wish for them to lose every game you are awesome :please:.

Nope. There are no blue areas in Oklahoma. Absolutely none. See for yourself. Not even our college towns are blue. That's how red this state is and that's how much I want to get the heck out of here.

More on topic: I dream of Massachusetts all of the time, but there ain't no way we'll ever be able to afford to live there, so I'm stuck down here in this miserable place where people think that 55 degrees is freezing and that 84 degrees and sunny is a "perfect day". Jesus christ.

24 minutes ago, Envy said:

Nope. There are no blue areas in Oklahoma. Absolutely none. See for yourself. Not even our college towns are blue. That's how red this state is and that's how much I want to get the heck out of here.

More on topic: I dream of Massachusetts all of the time, but there ain't no way we'll ever be able to afford to live there, so I'm stuck down here in this miserable place where people think that 55 degrees is freezing and that 84 degrees and sunny is a "perfect day". Jesus christ.

Oh I know :P .

Hmmm plenty of cheap, cold place to live if you ask me :huh: . Have you looked at a cost index for every state?

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, WWolf said:

Oh I know :P .

Hmmm plenty of cheap, cold place to live if you ask me :huh: . Have you looked at a cost index for every state?

The only cheap cooler place is Michigan. I would gladly move to Michigan myself, but I want to move somewhere that my parents will go with me. I'd miss them too much. My parents just don't see it that Michigan is better, they want New England.

27 minutes ago, Envy said:

The only cheap cooler place is Michigan. I would gladly move to Michigan myself, but I want to move somewhere that my parents will go with me. I'd miss them too much. My parents just don't see it that Michigan is better, they want New England.

What about Maine :huh: ? That’s way up there :P . Can’t be that pricy? Heck those places can’t be that expensive outside the major cities, are they? I’d personally pick something not so far up.

1 hour ago, WWolf said:

What about Maine :huh: ? That’s way up there :P . Can’t be that pricy? Heck those places can’t be that expensive outside the major cities, are they? I’d personally pick something not so far up.

Maine is not a cheap place to live. It's up there with other New England states.

Honestly might change my ideal place to live. New England in general is beautiful, but it is too expensive in my view. But literally moving anywhere else than California would be saving money. New York state is a horrible state, it is beautiful, but it is expensive and it will fuck you over no matter what. I honestly don't see why people enjoy living in California, it is expensive beyond belief.

Texas is a good cheap state. I like Florida, but the problem with these states is the hurricanes. So maybe somewhere like Tennessee, Ohio, or any midwestern state really, provided it has fairly low taxes.  

• Brohoof 1

I live in Minnesota and while I do like living in this state (mostly because of how much family I have that live in this state and the fact that I was born here) I will have to say that I would love to move out to western South Dakota after I'm done with college, mostly because I love the natural geographic features they have out there and just how different the tone and pace of life is than here in the metro area of the Twin Cities :P

Also Minnesota leadership and our state government sucks ass (I also lived in Illinois for ten years and that's about the textbook definition of state government corruption) so I see South Dakota as an escape from the corruption for natural landscape beauty and decent living :toldya:

I'm not really concerned with the weather as much as some others in this thread are, mostly because I've lived up in northern states with crappy winters my whole life, so I'm honestly pretty used to it at this point >_> 

• Brohoof 1