Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you live in the US, which state would you move to?

Props Valroa

Probably like Oregon or Vermont or something. Back home to Michigan wouldn't be bad either, but I have ties to Tennesee at this point that'd be annoying to sever.

California because I'm biased due to just being there for a week last week and it was the most incredible experience I've ever had in a US State. 

Washington. The climate in Seattle is something I yearn for, especially in this dry-ass Colorado climate. The air here dries my hands out so badly they crack and bleed if I don't keep up on moisturizing them.

I’m unsure of what state I’d like to settle in. I’ve been to several states so far, each have their own pros and cons. I have my eyes set on somewhere out west perhaps, like Wyoming. 

For now though I tend to hop from place to place. I don’t even have a set home turf anymore. :crackle:

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Axel said:

California because I'm biased due to just being there for a week last week and it was the most incredible experience I've ever had in a US State. 

I visited Southern California many years ago and it was indeed a neat experience. It was my first time seeing a beach since in my early childhood (I also haven't been to a beach since lol), and I loved the really tall skinny palm trees, the sunsets on the ocean, and the mountains.

But... the climate leaves a lot to be desired, and so do the wildfires and the threat of bad earthquakes. California, to me, is a great place to vacation to for a little while, but not to live in.

7 hours ago, Annie said:

Washington. The climate in Seattle is something I yearn for, especially in this dry-ass Colorado climate. The air here dries my hands out so badly they crack and bleed if I don't keep up on moisturizing them.

It's the same here in Oklahoma. It's the one really bad thing about Winter, dry skin!

If Seattle really is as "dreary" as people describe it, maybe it'd be great for me. I've noticed what other people describe as "dreary" is perfect weather to me!

18 minutes ago, Envy said:

I visited Southern California many years ago and it was indeed a neat experience. It was my first time seeing a beach since in my early childhood (I also haven't been to a beach since lol), and I loved the really tall skinny palm trees, the sunsets on the ocean, and the mountains.

But... the climate leaves a lot to be desired, and so do the wildfires and the threat of bad earthquakes. California, to me, is a great place to vacation to for a little while, but not to live in.

It's the same here in Oklahoma. It's the one really bad thing about Winter, dry skin!

If Seattle really is as "dreary" as people describe it, maybe it'd be great for me. I've noticed what other people describe as "dreary" is perfect weather to me!

yeah i thought about that but I can live with that tbh 

21 hours ago, Envy said:

The PNW is the wettest region in the continent as far as I'm aware, hence why I have my sights set on there. Cool and wet is my ideal climate.

I'm a Texan originally and there was a lot of rainfall back where I used to live, I enjoyed it a lot more than where I live now in spite of the heat.

When I would live in the US, I would prefer to either live in the north west (Oregon, Washington) or North east (new england states). The climate is similar to our climate here in germany (maybe a little bit cooler in the north east). 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-04-23 at 4:48 PM, DustyContrail said:

I’m unsure of what state I’d like to settle in. I’ve been to several states so far, each have their own pros and cons. I have my eyes set on somewhere out west perhaps, like Wyoming.

Hey if you do end up out there you probably wouldn't be too far of a drive from me if I end up where I want to be out in western South Dakota, we could visit each other and have lots of fun! :yay: 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

Hey if you do end up out there you probably wouldn't be too far of a drive from me if I end up where I want to be out in western South Dakota, we could visit each other and have lots of fun! :yay: 

Indeed we will and that would be awesome! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not american,
but I would say somewhere in the coastal south-east (just a state that isn't on the verge of denying me healthcare)

probably Florida or Virginia by the time I get to usa anyway

Edited by The Hawks Simp

On 2021-05-01 at 5:57 AM, Sovereign Leader Rarity said:

Florida so that I could just go to Disney World and hide there indefinitely. :yay:

That reminds me:

up to two years ago, I couldn’t go due to low wages jobs. Last year I couldn’t go due to shortage of time, despite having a much better paying job. I’m in a new position far more flexible on time, and got vaxxed, so it’s a good time to make up for it :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1