Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite type of Dragon?

Fluttershutter

13c8a543f02afeeebf9a356778248633.jpg

Yes you can say Spike but out of the list?

My favorite is the just "Dragon" type. Which is what Spike is. It seems like you see a lot more of the Wyvern type these days, probably due to Game of Thrones. I just don't like them as much.

latest?cb=20190127192559&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 6

Dragons in general are cool, so I'm partial to all designs, or at least almost all designs. I suppose if I had to pick one, it would be "dragon" type as it looks the most complete out of all the designs.

• Brohoof 1

I guess my favorite is the basic western 'dragon' with four legs and pair of wings. At least that's what I'm grown custom to

I remember when I saw 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' for the first time and was taken back by the 'wyvern' variant :please: In Game of Thrones I didn't mind it too much though

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Divine plywood said:

I remember when I saw 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' for the first time and was taken back by the 'wyvern' variant :please: In Game of Thrones I didn't mind it too much though

Oh yeah they were in the Harry Potter movies too. But in the books I'm pretty sure they all had four legs.

11 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

There’s only one answer to that >_>:

Hide contents

Divine dragon horses :mlp_yeehaa:

image.thumb.gif.ddbbdbf30eea1aae337bbf7512c6dc8c.gif

Okay, she's cute but that picture made me think my monitor was messed up. :blink:

Once I made up a whole parallel evolution where vertebrates evolved from six limbed fish and a lot of them had wings. A lot of mythological creatures fit in there.

• Brohoof 1

My three top favorite are

*Wyrum like the Leviathan

maxresdefault.jpg

*Lung dragon ( Eastern) 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScBxxHnHaGdPmN6Xzos1I

*Wyvern

2DhTMwex.jpg

Apart for divine dragon horses, my favorite would isn’t shown in the graph. I don’t know if it has a name because it’s usually reserved for intelligent dragons. But I prefer dragons as having two legs, two arms, and wings. Preferably if capable on walking on two legs. Among them, is one of my favorite villains: The Cunning God of Death himself

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4b8a59b32bbeba99679fb47ad6460a85.png

(edited)

I'd say my favorite is the "dragon" type.

I've always LOVED Spyro, although I've only ever played the demo on PS1.

I do love the look of the remake! It turned out great and he's just so adorable!:squee:

He's the only video game character that I've ever bought anything of too. I have a couple statue things from when the game came out. (I just use him to hold a remote control, I don't have any consoles, this was a cool pic I found though)

spyro.jpg.57649fbdbf19c82a32554648f8dab949.jpg

spgmhdr.png.9a8b9a0f49337b405bc7e1f9669e66fc.png

He kinda looks like he would fit right into the mlp universe too.

This also reminds me of a cool signature thingy made by @Kyoshi:yay:

dcrzqcb-f74cf67b-8d67-47e7-855f-cd7551030f93.gif.ce7209ede3de30de903d4b76e97d3fef.gif

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Lol that's a pretty interesting diagram :P .

Don't forget about dragon horse: drake plus pony. Otherwise known as...

Spoiler

latest?cb=20200527235445

Edited by WWolf

I think I'll go with wyvern

because they can have the ability to fly without possessing 6 limbs (like an insect)

I prefer my giant fire-breathing lizards to be confined to earths biological rules, thank you very much

Because of Monster Hunter, particularly Two/Freedom Unite, I adore the Wyverns skeletal structure even the pseudo-wyverns like Tigrex and Nargacuga, its the way the limbs have become wings, causing a much higher, head raised pose, it makes them look regal, tall, and threatening as they loom over you, having to literally look down on you thanks to their body shape. (Not including Tigrex and Nargacuga in that description however as they are suuuuper low to the ground)

I guess you could say in my opinion, wyverns look a bit more human, and therefor naturally come across as more menacing when I see them, all simply due to the hind legs becoming the motor of the monster.

• 3 months later...