Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you planning on going back to the movie theaters once it opens?

Kion

Are you guys planning on going back to your movie theater once they reopened. For me I think I will wait until after the pandemic is fully cleared until I go back to my movie theater just for safety reasons  but that’s just me. 

• Brohoof 2

I wasn't going there before covid, so why start after?

Watching a movie at home with friends is much better than going to the cinema. OK, sure, the image and sound are better in the cinema, but my TV and speakers are quite big. However, I like being able to pause the movie so we could discuss something and also not being forced to a specific time.

I am not a big fan of crowds, I am not afraid of them or anything, but a crowd, to me, is a negative aspect of something instead of positive (because I have to wait in line longer etc). I go to concerts (and will do so when they are allowed again) despite there being a crowd, not because of it.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe. I didn't go there often before COVID, so I can't say I miss them. But if another MLP movie is ever released in theaters, then I might go. 

• Brohoof 2

I adore going to the cinema. :wub:Nothing beats seeing a movie on the big screen so I’ll be jumping at the chance to go back. :ooh:

When they briefly reopened in June last year and before those damn masks were mandated, they selected a few famous movies to show, all the Harry Potters among them. I went to a couple of them and it was a completely different experience with the sound and picture. :darling: Even after seeing them so many times on DVD, it felt like a whole different movie completely. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

Heh, theaters in my state are already open and I haven't gone there since February 2020 for the Sonic movie. That was a month before all the restrictions hit. When they were lifted, I didn't even bother researching because I'm not a big movie guy or movie theater guy at all. I like going to the movies only when there's something really worth watching. You bet I would be back in there for another MLP film though. :Rara:

• Brohoof 2

Going to the theater was already rather rare for me. Could only go if someone else was up for it and that simply didn't happen too often. I like going to the movies, I love the popcorn and if we go on a weekday it avoids the crowds but sadly, it mostly is a no go, covid or not. 

Already have gone back to see Nobody a couple days ago and it was nice. Me and my family were pretty much the only people in the theater and it was nice to be back seeing a movie on the big screen again.

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Once they are safe, AND there are good movies around: sure

I doubt there will be good movies any time soon, really. My hopes ended after Endgame and how they destroyed the Marvel and DC universes, as well as Star wars with the recent movies. 

I'd totally be one of them snack smugglers, always was back in the old days. But would I return to a movie theater? Eh, give it a few years. Maybe then. But still, I'd rather just stay home.

Edited by Califorum

1 hour ago, Califorum said:

I doubt there will be good movies any time soon, really. My hopes ended after Endgame and how they destroyed the Marvel and DC universes, as well as Star wars with the recent movies. 

I'd totally be one of them snack smugglers, always was back in the old days. But would I return to a movie theater? Eh, give it a few years. Maybe then. But still, I'd rather just stay home.

Yeah, I don’t recall going much after Endgame, if any at all. Was going to watch Sonic, but the virus just showed it’s ugly face

• Brohoof 1

Movie theaters have been opened here for half a year or so already. But I never go there alone, and only If a movie is really interesting for me. Haven't watched any movie in cinemas for 2-3 years already

I only go to movie theatre with friends. So far I don't see any of them wanting to go there unless the pandemic is over. I can't blame them because I feel the same.  So to answer the question: No, I also wait until this pandemic is over.

I think I haven't been to theaters since the MLP Movie came out, so I didn't go to theaters that much before the coof pandemic.  I probably won't go very frequently afterwards, either, but I expect I'll go now and then.

• Brohoof 1