Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Thundy's New Life (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

Courageous Thunder Dash

@Courageous Thunder Dash

As Thundy stepped inside, Dynamo closed the door behind him as he made his way inside the arcade. Seeing the young fledgling’s eyes sparkle caused the gaming unicorn to chuckle. “I know that look. That was me when I first discovered what an arcade was. They’re still fairly new, but they still have plenty to offer.” He says, looking around to see that his boss, Button Prompt, a purple unicorn pegasus with a black mane and tail, was sitting just behind the front desk. He was wearing what looked to be a sort of uniform. There wasn’t a need for a uniform, but he felt the need to dress to impress. His ears perked as he heard the door being opened. Looking up, he smiled as he had seen his fellow employee, Dynamo, as well as a potentially new customer. “Good morning, D-Pad! Glad to see that you made it. Hope everything is okay.” The blue unicorn almost didn’t make it to work on time, but he was glad to see that he made it.

“Oh, good morning, Button! Sorry I’m late. I managed to find a young fledgeling and I couldn’t just abandon him. So, I thought bringing him to the arcade would help him in raising his spirits.” He smiled, Button raising an eyebrow in confusion. Griffons weren’t commonly seen in Ponyville, but he didn’t think to question it right now. Perhaps he could gain more info from Dynamo later. In the meantime, he smiled as he gave a smile in understanding. “That’s no problem. Maybe try to show him around and help him be familiarized with the games.” Dynamo nodded as he was given his tasks. He was about to turn towards Thundy, but gasped as he was nowhere to be seen. Looking around frantically, he breathed a sigh of relief as the young griffon was making his way towards the Galaga machine. “Hey, Thundy! Wait for me, okay? We don’t want you to get lost or be separated.” He says, concerned for the griffon’s well being and safety.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy wanted to play the Galaga Machine. He already envisioned the first level and how it's patterns went. The arcade cabinet was taller than Thundy. He looked around for a stool. "But...can I at least start? Or should I wait?" Thundy asked looking at Dynamo, plus the other pony that appeared to be the owner of the arcade. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

After making his way over towards the Galaga arcade machine, Dynamo could see Tbundy, who was staring up at the gaming cabinet. That changed as he saw the young fledgeling was looking left and right as if in search for something. The gaming unicorn soon noticed that Thundy was much too short to play the game. Which was a given, considering he was still a fledgeling. Nodding as he knew what he should do, Dynamo turned towards the purple pegasus. “Hey, Button? Do we have an extra stood to use? We need one over here at the Galaga machine.” He would say, Button nodding as if to answer his question. 

“We sure do. Most of the gamer’s who come in don’t really use them. They just go from one game to the next. So, there’s never really a need to keep the stools around. Wait just one sec.” He walked away from the duo momentarily, before returning with the stool that Thundy was looking for. “Thanks, Button.” Dynamo smiled, taking the chair from Button in a levitation spell. He carefully levitated the chair over towards the Galaga machine. All the while, making sure not to drop it, or hit the young fledgeling. “Here you go, Thundy. You can start and sorry for the wait. We thought you could use a stool.”

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy fluttered into the air and perched on the stool, facing the Galaga screen. He pressed the start button. The famous opening melody played. Thundy licked his chops as "Stage One" appeared on the screen. Thundy knew the patterns on stage one, and completed it in less than 30 seconds. Stage 2 was next. He dodged the incoming missiles from enemy ships and cleared stage 2. Then came the first challenging stage. Thundy perfected it. "Yes!" Thundy cheered after he took out the last enemy. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Dynamo watched as the fledgeling has fluttered into the air, before perching on the stool. The gaming unicorn was both surprised and impressed that Thundy was able to fly. He wasn’t entirely sure how old a griffon had to be in order to start flying, but it was. Ice to see that Thundy was capable of flight. Being a unicorn, he wasn’t particularly strong in the field of flight. He had learned of a flight spell, but it mostly involved magic and not wings. 

As Thundy began the Galaga game, Dynano stood next to the griffon, while also giving the fledgeling his space. In the span of a minute, Thundy had completed stage 1 and 2 in the blink of an eye. “Not bad, Thundy. I make sure to hit the button to blast rapid-fire, but I usually try to see how the enemy moves around. It gives me a way to strategize and evade if they start attacking me, but still. Not too bad.” He whistles as he was impressed.

@Dynamo Pad

”I’ve...memorized some of the patterns...” Thundy stated as he played Stages 4 and 5, where enemies started to dive randomly during formation. Thundy gained an extra life. A large enemy dove down to perform a capture. Thundy let his ship get captured, and defeated the enemy that captured his previous ship. He now had two ships firing at the same time heading into the 2nd challenging stage. He got another perfect. “Yes!” Thundy cheered to himself. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

“I can respect that. There’s usually a pattern to follow if one plays the game as many times as possible. It’s all about that hoof-eye coordination. Although, I guess claw-eye coordination would be more like it.” Dynamo chuckled, while watching Thundy’s ship become captured. He wanted to try and step in to help, but found it unnecessary. He soon saw that it was his plan to gain a dual ship to fire extra lasers at the now random enemies. Effectively clearing the next stage. “Well done! That was well planned out, kiddo!” He grinned, while playfully ruffling the fledgeling’s hair.

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy stifled a giggle when Dynamo ruffled his hair. "I say eye-hand coordination..." Thundy stated as he started stage 6. "Did you know that every 6th stage is a repeat of the 1st stage?" Thundy asked as he blazed though the 6th stage in less than 40 seconds. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"Uh...what are hands, exactly?" Dynamo asks, wondering what Thundy had meant by his response. "I think I've noticed that about the sixth stage. Sometimes I still treat it as if it were a new stage that I haven't played before. Granted, I still try to keep on my hooves so I can clear the level." He explained, chuckling as the fledgeling had cleared the stage with little to no issue whatsoever. "Now I see why it's the same as the first stage. If one stage was beaten before and was shown up again, then it's essentially cakewalk, or I guess a piece of cake." He says, not entirely sure what analogy was fitting in that situation. 

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy gathered some electricity and "paused" the game. The screen froze. However, the game still functioned like normal, only it showed the demo screen. "Hands are what I...used to have. They look like these talons I have but are smoother..." Thundy said looking at Dynamo. "I'd like to play a different game now...if that's okay." Thundy added. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Dynamo’s ears perked as he heard what sounded like crackling electricity. He looked around for the source, while worrying if some of the machines were short circuiting. His eyes soon trailed over towards Thundy, who had seemingly paused the game. The gaming unicorn’s jaw dropped slightly as he didn’t know pausing an arcade machine was possible. He would have asked, but it looked like the fledgeling had changed the subject almost instantaneously. “I...see. So, hands are sort of like takings, but they’re different, in a way. That’s pretty interesting, to be honest.” He responded, before hearing Thundy had wanted to play another game. “Sure and that’s no problem. Is there any other game that catches your attention? If not, then would you like me to decide?” He asks, picking the fledgeling up off of the stool to place him on his back. Giving the young griffon a better view of the games if he were to choose

@Courageous Thunder Dash

As he heard Thundy's voice, he looked to where the young fledgeling was point towards. Seeing the game "Street Fighter II" on the arcade machine, Dynamo smiled. "Ah, a classic game. Not a bad choice in gaming, kiddo. I'm personally a fan of other fighting games, but one can't go wrong with Street Fighter 2." He would say, while making his way towards the machine in question. "Do you have a particular favorite character to use?" He asks, trying to get to learn more about Thundy.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Waking over towards the Street Fighter 2 machine, Dynamo tilted his head in slight confusion as the young fledgeling was trying to pronounce a name. Upon hearing the actual name of Ryu, the gaming unicorn gained a look of realization. Along with a slight chuckle as he finally understood. “Oh, Ryu. He’s one of the few favorites that I like in the game. Oddly enough, he was one of the few I played and/or learned about in a different game. I think it was Marvel vs Capcom. I always loved playing as some characters like Megaman, Spider-Man, Captain America and others. Ryu being one of them, as well. I also like to play as Ryu in Street Fighter. Sure, he’s sort of your balanced character, but he’s a classic, iconic character. Some others I like are Ken, Chun-Li and can’t forget the classic Zangief.” He explained, reaching their destination as he pulled a stood out for the griffon to sit atop.