Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate the Disney Movie the User above you chooses

Kion

This game is simple you simply choose a random Disney Movie to post and then the next user rates that movie it can be on a scale of 1 to 10 or whatever you want ready go.

Aladdin (1992)?

Edited by Twilight Skies
  • Brohoof 1

Hm.. I'm gonna have to give Aladdin a 6/10, only because I feel like Jafar was the most stylized villain they've had, if that makes sense? But the music (for the love of Celestia I can NOT keep Prince Ali out of my head it's like.. engraved) slaps for sure. Robin Williams also did an amazing job with his role, like always!

Dinosaur (2000- also one of their super underrated films in my opinion tbh)

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The Lion King. (The good one)

0/10 for the soulless "live action" remake and a 9/10 for the animated original- I've only seen it a couple times actually but I specifically remember liking that movie a lot when I was little (and now I know that it's because of how well done it is).  :sunbutt:

How about the original Mulan movie? :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

@King of Canterlot

Can there please be somebody here besides me who doesn't give the live action movies hate? As a Disney fan I consider myself to be more like an encyclopedia of Disney meaning that for better or worse, it's my hobby to learn all I can about anything that has the name Disney on it. And as much as I know that a lot of people hate those movies it's much more interesting to find somebody who actually does find something to enjoy about those movies.

Anyway, As for animated Mulan, I give it 9/10 

My favorite part is definitely the Emperor refusing to bow to Shan-Yu. "No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it" and the way he calmly walks away as Shang had to stop Shan-Yu's sword from slaying him.

Next Person: Beauty and the Beast (Animated 1991)

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

10/10 Great movie and great soundtrack!

Lady and the Tramp (live action and original)

I give the animated one an 8/10 and the live action version a 7/10.

In both versions I love the spaghetti kiss and someday wish to do that with my significant other.

Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs?

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Can there please be somebody here besides me who doesn't give the live action movies hate?

The live action Mulan actually was so bad that it was culturally offensive to the Chinese (which is why it performed so poorly over there). An example for Americans could be a story set in the US Civil War, but the story is so butchered that the north is for slavery, the south is using machine guns and everybody is speaking Japanese. It was NOT an impressive movie and it was overall handled pretty poorly. Unfortunately the same could be said for a few other Disney live action remakes, however an exception is the the live-action Jungle Book movie which was actually pretty decent. 

Not everything that Disney makes is going to be some fantastic thing, and so far many of their live-action movies have just been huge disappointments. I would rather talk about the original charming animated movies than their disappointing "remakes" >_>

4 hours ago, Flying Pencil said:

Onward

I've never seen this movie but I have seen reviews for it and it looks rather well-done.... I'll give it a 7/10 (take it with a grain of salt though since I've never seen the movie). I'll say Onward again, may be the pony below me has seen it? :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

live-action Jungle Book movie which was actually pretty decent. 

There's some positivity! :)

29 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Onward again, may be the pony below me has seen it? :ooh:

I have. I give it a 8/10

Next: Mary Poppins (1964)

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Not everything that Disney makes is going to be some fantastic thing

I know that. it's just gives me hope for this world to see people looking more on the positive side of things and accept the fact that there are some people who actually do enjoy things that the majority of people hate.

Again. Next person responds to Mary Poppins (1964)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

0/10. Absolute slap in the face to the original. It took all of the original’s uniqueness and gave it a pathetic cliche villain and really stupid story. :worry:

Tarzan.

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

5 hours ago, Midnight Danny said:

Oh, that movie is amazing 10/10! :pinkie:

Cars 2? :ooh:

7/10

I know a lot of people hate it and it's considered the worst Pixar movie ever but I actually enjoyed it for what it is. A Spy Movie in an Anthromorphic Cars World. 

Plus just because Mater talks like a stereotypical hillbilly or redneck sometimes that doesn't make him an idiot  being a tow truck he knows a lot about the inner workings of car and was able to catch on to certain things that other cars didn't.

A Bug's Life?

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

8/10 saw this before I was even in grade school. The pretty pictures and music kept my attention, even when things took a dark turn with Chernabog, who's essentially like the devil in the Disney Universe here

Brother Bear