Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Sparkly Situation (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly was a bit taken back at what Frail Spark said but offered no objections. She wanted to help her out with the glasswork eventually but it seemed that unfortunately she wouldn't be able to given what Frail Spark had just said. "I uh, understand if that is how you feel than I won't object." it was clear that she was disappointed with that response but wouldn't press it further. She understood what Lunar meant and that made perfect sense to her. "You drive a good point there." Sparkly smirked and would have been helped up the stairs. Walking up the stairs was a lot harder than going down so it took longer. She enjoyed being helped though, secretly. "So you wanna help me with the basics, Lunar?" she asked.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"With the basics of flight yes, as I said before." Lunar said "But for the rest it has to be Frail, partly because the simple fact that you're staying with her, she has lot more time to be around you." While Lunar could spend few nights, she had her own life and she wouldn't be able to hang around constantly "It's good to remember that there's only so much we can actually do, ultimately it's your own effort that decides how well you learn something, I didn't learn the art of glass or Lunar didn't learn her craft because somepony told us how to do it, we studied the basics and the practiced." "It goes for everything from walking to more challenging things, you can use support to get started but you won't learn balance before you let go and fall on your face few times." she came after Lunar and Sparkly out of the basement, but then passed them and headed into the kitchen to put the tea brewing. "Not literally of course." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly laughed gently upon Frail's last comment. There would probably be a lot of falling on her face when it came to flying. "Well, let us not get ahead of ourselves...I probably might end up falling on my face when it comes to flying but hey! Maybe not, but I am willing to put in any and all effort I have because this is a fascinating world with fascinating magic, and individuals such as yourselves. I think I should probably start learning the basics on magic first before anything else although if you, Lunar are not going to be here a while than perhaps it is best that I learn how to fly first. I don't want to take up too much of your time." Sparkly stated to Lunar calmly. She knew that Lunar had her own life and her own plans an didn't want to stand in the way of them.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Don't be such a pessimist, if a pegasus was teaching you basics, then yes, you would probably crash few times, since like it's with magic for me, it's not easy to explain something that's so natural to you when the one you're explaining to doesn't know anything about it." "But because Lunar too had to learn flying from nothing, she's probably lot better at explaining the basics in a way you understand." Frail said from the kitchen while Lunar was making sure Sparkly made it there without falling over "I appreciate your confidence Frail." she said before addressing Sparkly "Don't worry, basic flying isn't that complicated, after you get hang of controlling your wings, rest should come almost naturally, pony flight coming from magic really makes it lot easier, can't imagine how it's for those creatures that don't have magic and rely on their physicality." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly appreciated Frail's aid in walking Sparkly to the kitchen and stood there close to Frail just in case she would fall over again. "Your confidence is appreciated as is your honesty. I'll work with Lunar first since it seems like she will have an easier time with my learning style, so to speak." she stated with a wide smile across her face. Looking to Lunar she would nod in understanding of what was spoken to her. "So pegasi and flying ponies here rely on magic to fly, rather than physical wings? That makes sense considering our wings look too small compared to our bodies to be able to fly. I was going to mention that earlier honestly. But what should my first step in flight be?" Sparkly asked. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Your observation is correct, when you consider that most flying creatures have wings bigger or at least the same size as their bodies, pony wings start looking quite small." Lunar confirmed "And your first step is to get control over your wings, can't do much if you can't even open your wings at will." "That unfortunately is something I can't do much about, since I'm not going to push you over the edge to force your reflexes take over." the latter part was a joke, though it would have probably been the most effective way, it's incredible how quickly you learn when your life depends on it. "You just need to focus on moving them, though not think about it too much, if that makes sense, and start small, first try to move only part of a one wing, when you get hang of that, then move to the whole wing and both wings." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly nodded and giggled at her joke. She focuses on her wings and tries to move them. She has no muscle memory, but focuses on the memory when Frail and Lunar moved her wings for her. She remembers that feeling, and is able to extend her wings and retract them after a bit of difficulty. "Hmm, I can do that at least. Let me try something else." she focuses on a teacup on the counter and levitates it up and moves it over to the right. "Minor magic ability I'd say I have. Tell me about your Princess Twilight. As she is the body that I have, more insight about her will do me good. If her body has any innate features or skills, than I should focus on them." Sparkly spoke tactfully.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
While not showing it, Frail was ready to catch the teacup if anything went wrong, being a seller of glass goods, she was used to saving things from falling without constantly looking at them. "Well, like I mentioned before when we talked about magic, Twilight's talent is magic, though one can't be sure if that's something to do with her physically or if it's more a personality and mind thing, since she was a normal unicorn when she got her cutiemark." "She also learned flying rather quick I hear, the start took some tries but after she got the basics she soon mastered more complicated things too." "She's a bookworm, she lived in the town library before it was destroyed, and as far as I know, the time she doesn't spend with her friends she spends reading and studying." "We don't know her personally so there's only so much we know." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly ponders what they say about Twilight. "Well I myself am an avid reader. I liked to read a lot whenever I got the chance, which wasn't that often but still I enjoyed reading especially when I was in school. You say her talent is magic, but is it just a specific type of magic? Or magic in general? Sparkly asked as she flapped her wings a bit, fully extending them and stretching them out. She was getting used to the range of motion she had with these wings. "I am sure that when I have the chance I am going to want to read and study up on the magic of this world, the history of this world and all that. I want to know everything there is, as it is an all new world from my point of view." Sparkly concluded.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce(can't mention Sparkly Green)

The mares shrugged "I haven't seen any reason to believe it is any specific magic, but at the same time, even if your talent is a specific magic, it doesn't mean you can't master other types." "Technically the magic she is specifically best at is the Magic of friendship, but that's something that became a thing long after her cutiemark." "But don't get too focused on it, as far as we know, your appearance is just that, appearance." "Comparing yourself to Twilight can be a good way to slightly point yourself to right direction, but regardless of how identical you may be, you're still your own individual, and should do whatever fits you best." Frail got ready to serve the tea while she spoke. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

(Figured I'd create a profile for her with the unlimited profiles these days)

"Well I'm basically going to use what I know of Twilight as a guideline until I am able to form my own identity, in a way. Although I've always been my own person I wouldn't mind learning what she does. I heard about the Friendship thing, funny thing that is but it is safe to say we are all friends here, right?" Sparkly grinned. "If thats how it works, we already have the magic of friendship. It is always within us, at least that is what my understanding of that would be. I want to master a lot of types, I want to be fairly varied but what can we do now?" Sparkly looks to Lunar and Frail, watching Frail prepare the tea.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"The literal magic of friendship is weird, it seems like an entity more than magical force, the elements of Harmony are the only ones who can use it on command, for rest of us it only shows itself in certain situations if it shows at all." Frail raised an eyebrow at Lunar, who as response continued "Yes, I have tried to make friendship artifacts." Frail shrugged to that and spoke "Yes, we all are friends, and for what now, now we are going to drink some tea, then you two can go try out flying outside while I'll go look for those magic books I promised." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Wouldn't surprise me if it is some kind of extradimensional force that comes about as needed, you know that actually makes a lot of sense." Sparkly stated with a hoof to her chin and looked to Lunar with an eyebrow raised. "That sounds funny out of context, though. I would like to see your notes on those artifacts or others you have. I am very interested in artifacts." she stated and nodded to Frail. When the tea arrived Sparkly would slowly levitate the cup to her mouth to drink from it.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Lot of my notes are not such that I am willing, or in some cases even allowed, to share them, both for business and safety related reasons." Lunar informed "But some are more open, though in this case, there isn't much to note, long story short, anything I tried with the magic of friendship failed." "I assumed it would work something similar to things like love and joy, but no, I couldn't figure it out." "In hindsight it does make sense though, it is the most powerful form of magic in Equestria, would be worrying if it could be just captured and used by anypony." Frail sat down after serving the tea, and while seemingly focused on her own tea, she also made sure to be ready in case Sparkly dropped hers. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly was disappointed that a lot of her notes were hidden there. She didn't know how to feel about that but an idea came across her mind. "Perhaps the reason why it didn't work is because you made it alone. If it is supposed to be based on the magic of friendship, then why don't you try building with some friends? Friendship is a positive thing, I don't really see how it could be used for negative reasons although I would say it is good to be weary of things at this magnitude." Sparkly said, being very careful with her tea. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"I did try that too, it also kinda took away the point, since I was trying to see if the magic of friendship could be turned into a force used by anypony." "The artifacts did in a way work for example when the Elements of harmony were nearby, but it had nothing to do with the artifacts themselves, as the magic would have done the exact same thing even if had just been there naturally." "For example, I made a sort of a friendship bracelet that started to glow when friends were nearby, it worked, but the problem was, it did it for all friendship, so regardless of who was wearing it, or even when nopony was wearing it, it was glowing, because this is Equestria, and friendship is everywhere in form or another."  Lunar explained 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"That is really interesting. I believe that it would be possible to make a free energy generator based off of that. Such things in my world are considered impossible. To use energy without taxation or government influence, or having to pay for it would solve the largest issues in my world to be honest with you. Either that, or you could make somethin that can harvest energy off of ambient magic and light your home off of it if you don't already have that. But why don't we go for some flying lessons?" she suggested, her ears perking up a bit.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Energy production is beyond my knowledge, so can't comment much on that." Lunar stated with a shrug, as Frail had stated at some point, ponies tended to have very specific fields of mastery, and things outside that mastery tended to be at the basic knowledge level at best. "And we'll go when I've finished my tea." she continued, sipping her tea, she hadn't really had time to drink it with all that talking. "You're very impatient young pony Sparkly." Frail said sipping her tea "I know you're probably excited about everything, but sometimes it's good to calm down." she smiled gently "And I don't mean only for sake of others, it is also for your goals." "If you really want to master magic, you need to learn to relax and be patient, because even if you'd be able to understand and learn things quick, too much haste will get you hurt." "Doubly so if you don't take your time to really understand things, I can tell you from experience, even small mistakes can be nasty." Lunar finished her tea and went to wash the cup, kindly shutting Frail down before she insisted to do it.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would sip from her teacup as she listened to them. She felt she wasn't being impatient at all and was merely just suggesting. For a bit of time she looked at them with a strange look and an eyebrow raised. "I wasn't being impatient? I have no idea what you were talking about, I was merely just suggestion something...just a suggestion, that is all." her wings would retract as she would look at them as if she just saw a glitch in the matrix or something. She didn't have any clue where their statement had originated from. Sparkly was definitely confused, deflated even. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Did you already forget our walk to the market?" Frail questioned "I of course have no way of knowing your intent, but you do make it sound like you are constantly in a hurry to do the next thing." she said as she took another sip "It's all about wording and timing." "You said your suggestion in a way that makes it sound like you're hurrying us." "It also comes up as hurrying because you suggested it only moments after we already said we will do it after this." 
she wasn't mad or anything, honestly, she wasn't necessarily even surprised, full grown body or not, Sparkly had herself expressed that she was still young, and it was only expected for it to show in her mannerism. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly just sort of sat there with a rather confused look across her face. Either she didn’t understand what Frail was saying or was confused why she was saying that. Sparkly’s ears would have folded back a bit and she would sigh shamefully upon bringing an awkward situation to light. Sparkly looks off to the right and thinks a bit then looking to their cutie marks. “So how did you get your cutie mark?” she asks suddenly, as if trying to distract from them the current topic of conversation.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
Neither of the mares visibly acknowledged Sparkly's reaction, not because they didn't care, but because they knew focusing on it so would only make it worse. Frail did wonder for a moment though, thinking about what kind of creature exactly Sparkly may have been originally, pondering if the ear control came from her previous form, or if it was something so natural to ponies physically that she didn't even realize she could do it. This may seem bit odd thing to focus on, but Frail didn't feel strongly about the situation in either direction, so she just kinda waited for it to pass, no reason to prolong it. 

"I was doing my thing in my parents' tool shack and I reshaped a magical gem without hurting myself or breaking something for the first time." "I used a foal's jewelry making toy kit to make it into a necklace and there it was..." she touched her necklace when she mentioned necklace to show it was the one she was talking about "....I had known for a while that was what I wanted to do, but that was when I really believed I could actually be good at it." Lunar responded as she dried her cup, Frail thought for a second "Mine was bit more accidental, I was visiting a blacksmith, I don't remember exactly why, it may have been a school trip or something, I had a glass statue I had gotten as a souvenir with me, and I put it bit too close to the fire, and it ended up falling in, I got it out with my magic but it was misshapen beyond recognition, and as it wasn't the first thing I had ruined by accident, my reflex was to try and fix it." "The result wasn't awful...but it wasn't good either, but it did spark something in me, and as I stood there reshaping a molten piece of glass, my cutie mark appeared, though I didn't notice it right away, as I was too focused on trying to save my cheap glass souvenir." "I hadn't really though about making glass before it, but I had always liked glass decorations."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly listens to the stories they tell of their cutie marks. It was nothing short of mystical in her eyes, she had never heard anything of that nature to say the least. It was definitely something that was magical and unique to ponies of this world it seemed. Nothing in her word could even come close to that besides maybe a tattoo? No, that's not even close. A birthmark maybe? Not really. Whatever these cutie marks are, it is magical and mystical experience to get one. Unfortunately for Sparkly, she already has hers and won't have that process of discovery. 

"Certainly seems like it directly ties with the natural magic of the world. Possibly spurred on by subtle thoughts and realizations and when you felt that 'spark' within you is when you got your cutie mark. Definitely to me seems like a conscious, living force is out there in this world. I wouldn't be surprised if the magic of this world is actually sentient or has some kind of way to see within your thoughts and determine what your mark is. Tell you what, I got a theory. What if cutie marks are recycled? When ponies die, their cutie marks gradually vanish and return to another realm and when someone has those same thoughts and realizations, the cutie mark returns to life and finds another 'host'." Sparkly suggested. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"I doubt there is recycling, mainly because there isn't any known cases of a repeat cutiemarks, even in families like the Apple family and Potion family where every generation does the same thing, they all have unique cutie marks, the can be similar, but not the same." Lunar explained "Cutiemarks is one of those things that not much is known for sure, some believe it's fate, some believe it's something to do with our inner magic.... what is sure is that it is linked to our magic, since our cutiemarks faded when Tirek absorbed our magic." "And it is also widely agreed that in normal circumstances every cutiemark is unique."

"What makes them more complicated is that you can get a cutiemark without realizing your talent, there is cases where somepony doesn't know what their cutiemark mean." "There's also situations that have shown that if somehow your cutiemark changes or get removed, it can have drastic changes to you as a individual, meaning the connection is deeper than just a picture showing what you're good or passionate about." 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

@Catpone Cerberus

(Holy crap I am so sorry! I didn't realize I left you hanging for this long! Completely slipped my mind....)

Sparkly nodded in acknowledgement of their words. "Many unknowns in this world I can see, especially when it is one so prominent in your understanding of magic and the world. It seems my cutie mark is...the same as Twilight Sparkle's. Does that mean I have the same talent as she does. Is it possible for two ponies to have the same talent? That raises a lot of questions, but I suppose one may find out in time." she commented. 

• Brohoof 1