Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Sparkly Situation (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

@Califorum
"It's not really a matter of believe." Frail stated "It's hard to not believe when you see it happening." "Honestly with all the reality breaking magic, alternate words, and beings from outside time and space, weaponized rainbows fueled by friendship isn't really that odd." when you dealt with ponies for a living, you learned lot of things, and if Frail knew anything, it was that, more ridiculous it sounded, more likely it was true.

"Glad somepony can appreciate it, many ponies around here question my decision to make it so small." she said regarding Sparkly's praise of her house "I just don't feel the need to show off my wealth, besides, what does a lone mare do with a house that can house a town worth of ponies." "I don't know much about farms, I have visited the Apple farm few times but that's about it, though I can see the appeal of a old house." she pulled the cart inside and stopped, leaving it near the door. "And regarding the pony, I only know of him, don't know him personally." "I have seen him few times, he's a guard, most of his body is made of what I assume is metal." "The word goes that he comes from another Equestria where both of our ruling princesses became evil dictators and have been in a war for the last thousand years." "Like I said, depressing stuff." 

The house was quite nice from inside, from layout it wasn't anything too special, spacious and homely, and while the wealth of the owner was pretty clear from everything, it wasn't over the top, in fact, there were aspects that told about humbler background. It was a good middle ground, nothing standing out as something that exist only because it costs lot of money, very practical house. Biggest and probably the least surprising detail was that there was lot of decorations made of glass.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly slipped out of the cart and fell over by Frail Spark. She groaned and sighed, she had went too fast out of the cart and was too unstable to hold balance. But this time she just laughed at her clumsiness and then got up shakily, admiring the house. "My family was never the richest family. We owned a lot of land and we payed so much on the land that we didn't have much else. My home was riddled with many issues, leaky roof, cracked up driveway and other things for starters. But it was pretty good for what it was." she said as she entered inside of the house and sat on the couch.

"In my world a lot of the things you talk about are impossible. But, there are always incidents of various things that can't be explained through conventional knowledge that is covered up by the governments. We have planes that can fly at least 6 times faster than the speed of sound, deadly weapons that render life on the planet uninhabitable, satellites and probes around other planets just to name a few things. Time and space bending events is not out of the realm of the impossible as so many where I lived believed. Its just so pathetic that so many where I live have such small, and closed minds." she was unhappy with the state of affairs in her world and the mindsets people had. That was for sure.

"As for that metal guard there, interesting to say the least. Not a place I'd like to visit though." she'd sigh sadly at that and then would add. "Where I am from, my species allegedly evolved from an ape like creature millions of years ago, so it is no surprise that my race acts like animals and is so greedy a lot of the time. We can be good, we can be very good but we can also do things that will make your skin crawl in disgust and sheer horror." Sparkly said those words with a rather disgusted tone. "You know what? I'm glad to be gone from Earth. While I likely won't see anyone I cared about there ever again, this is a fresh new start where all those bad things from my world just never exist." she said happily. 

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum
Frail just listened as she took off the stuff from the cart after Sparkly had gotten off, speaking only after she had said everything "Well I'm glad you're glad." she put the cart into a storage room after it was empty "I have no idea what you're talking about half the time, but I actually prefer it that way, I don't need nightmares about things that will probably never have effect on my life." "Don't get me wrong, I do listen and I'm here if you need to get things off your chest, but don't expect any knowledgeable responses from me regarding it." she also wasn't trained to deal with such things, so the best she could offer as support was to be a listening ear. 

She put the bags of stuff behind a door that seemed to lead to a stairway, probably to the basement. She then went to the kitchen, being out of sight for a moment before coming back to the doorway, her horn glowing "I don't have any history of species or such to tell, though I must say that even animals at your home sound quite awful if you compare your original kind to them, we don't have any animals who would have the will to do such awful things, evil tends to come from those considered more than animals, though aren't we all just bunch of animals in the end." her horn 'stayed on' the whole time as she was heating up water as she spoke, using her magic of course "I can share my family history though, not that there's much to tell." "We weren't rich when I grew up, not that we were too poor either, we were quite average, we got by but didn't have too much to spend to useless stuff." "I don't have any siblings, so to certain extend I was spoiled, but my parents were big on being humble, and I'd say it was a lesson that stuck, even when I started gaining money through my work." she wasn't actually sure if all her friends even knew of her wealth, it had never came up and they had never seen her house. "Do you want tea?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would nod. "I haven't had tea before but I am willing to give it a try. I am naturally an extremely picky eater. In my world, lots of people would eat meat. I never ate meat. I found it disgusting and downright immoral. But ontop of that, I never would eat plants. I found myself having a very narrow array of foods like pizza, fries, chips, and stuff of that nature. I would drink fruit juices and eat vitamins regularly, and combine various tastes that do not normally go together."  Sparkly chuckled at that and watched her heat up the water. She seemed quite captivated by that, her eyes fixated on that.

"As for family history, my ancestors on my father's side fought in various wars. Where I live, in a land called the United States was once an overseas colony of the British Empire, where my father's ancestors hail from. They are from a specific part, Cumberland, England. They sailed over an ocean called the Atlantic ocean. In the year 1826. Where I am from, the year is 2021, so you can see the difference. My ancestors were quite hardy people. One of them joined the first world war and was part of the most brutal conflicts on the western front. I don't want to bore you with historical details though...I could probably write about it once I get my magic going, you know?" I'd ask with an innocent grin. "My family was neither rich nor poor, we own a lot of land to the point where it barely breaks even and where I lived the government has extreme taxes which makes it hard."

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum
"Well, based on your taste, you probably need to do most of your eating in restaurants and such here, I'm not a good cook and usually just eat what's easy and quick, or plain plants as one could call them, though if you also eat fruits, I can get those, assuming you're pony from inside too, you should get by just fine with that." Frail informed "And I wouldn't say eating meat is immoral, disgusting maybe, and as a vegetarian species I wouldn't touch it, but carnivores aren't all evil." she said as she again went out of sight to get cups for them "It sounds like you have lot of information about history and such, Twilight and some other ponies would most likely love to listen, or read all about it." she wasn't one of those ponies, but even if she didn't necessarily care to learn about it all, she did acknowledge that history of other worlds was interesting to those who liked that type of thing

She came back to view, no longer using her magic, they would need to wait a minute or two for the tea to brew "Taxes aren't really a problem here, we do pay some but nothing happens if you don't pay them, we don't have a need to force everypony to pay for things." she didn't know anything about economy or such, she just knew that everything worked without her having to give pick part of her earnings away.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well I wouldn't mind trying any food you have. As far as I can tell everything is...normal about me at least as normal as can be, really. I am not sure if its a good idea for me to meet other ponies you know? What if they want to experiment or cut me apart for science? Or do bad things to me? I'd hope not." Sparkly would shudder at that and watched where Frail Spark was. "Optional taxes? I like the sound of that, it sounds so simple and good." she smiled and relaxed on the couch. Sparkly was quite an attractive mare, being a princess after all technically.

"I am glad that you are accepting of me. If you want to ask me any questions you can ask me anything you wish. I am all ears, no limits. I want us to get to know each other. And be friends?" Sparkly said, reaching out a hoof to Frail Spark with a humble motion.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum
"As I told you earlier, nopony will cut anypony apart for science, you also aren't special in any way when it comes to you physically, so even if there was somepony who is messed up in the head, they would have no reason for such." Frail reminded "Your world may be filled with messed up creatures, but here it is a very small minority, and the chances for you to meet any of them is tiny." Frail didn't see Sparkly as anything special looks wise, partly because she was surrounded by conventionally attractive ponies very often, and partly because she didn't pay attention to such things, she if somepony knew that good looks didn't mean a pleasant company.  

"There isn't really anything specific that I want to ask, I want to know what you're like to be around, and no question will give a straight answer to that." the only way was to wait for Sparkly to get comfortable enough to drop the act that may or may not be there, Frail had no way to know if there was one. "I got one, what thing or things about yourself are such that you feel somepony, in this case me, would have hardest time accepting or tolerating?" hopefully Sparkly didn't expect Frail to do anything about the hoof she reached out as she was far enough in distance that Frail didn't really know what she was expected to do, thus she did nothing. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Thank you for your reassuring words. I sincerly hope that is the case. I'll believe in what you say. I am just glad that you ponies do not have the kinds of people I do where I am from. At least, they are in a far fewer occurrence. I hope." Sparkly would nod. Sparkly didn't do anything about her hoof and just seemed content to lay there. She closed her eyes for a longer period than normal and then opened them again. As if she was trying to wake up from a dream. No such thing occurred.

As for Frail Spark's question, it made Sparkly think. Before long, she came to an answer. "I never would admit this to anyone normally, but I am too easily attached to those I meet sometimes. I like cuddling, and I like hugs. You ponies look so soft, fluffy. Like a pillow. I don't want to weird you out or anything, but another thing you should know is that I sometimes struggle with self hatred and loathing." Sparkly admits in an honest tone. "Some would find my thoughts obscene, offensive, and disgusting. I can tell your kind...at least you are, you probably wouldn't be able to handle them. It's bad things. But enough about bad things, I want good things. For both of us."  Sparkly smiled.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum
Frail let out a thoughtful hum "Yeah, I noticed the first thing about you." she agreed with Sparkly about the bad things, so she didn't keep the conversation on them "The way you looked at me didn't go unnoticed, even if it may have seemed like it." "I didn't point it out for various reasons." she went out of sight again and soon came back with two cups of vanilla tea, levitating the other one to Sparkly, holding it so that she could drink from it, it wasn't too hot, having had time to cool a moment.

When Frail took a sip of her own tea, her mind relaxed a bit, and with every sip it relaxed bit more, though she wouldn't go in full state of comfort, as the situation was so unusual that she had lot to think about. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would hold the other cup with her 2 front hooves as she listened to Frail Spark talk. "If you don't mind I um, would like to um, feel what you feel like. I never touched another pony. I don't mean to be weird or anything but maybe we could snuggle up or something? I don't know if that is bad or anything but...you never had the chance to be with a princess in your home." Sparkly giggled cutely, she was an almost exact clone of Twilight Sparkle either way.

"Either way we need to come up with a plan. Perhaps you could teach me your magic and how I can get around in this area without being noticed as a practical clone of one of your rulers." Sparkly adds with a giggle.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum
Frail still kept the cup in her magic just in case Sparkly's hooves slipped. "Sorry but no snuggles, you're not there yet." Frail said, her tone was softer than it had been before, and more importantly, less irritated "You looking like a princess does nothing to help, it may actually do the opposite to certain extend, because the appearance and personality don't match if you get what I mean." she had never seen any of the princesses in...that way, they were her rulers and that was about it, so there wasn't any gain from looking like one of them when it came to her interest, and with Sparkly acting different to how she would imagine a princess to act, it was bit uncanny actually. "But we can hug after we are done with the tea." 
she said with a kind smile before taking another sip. 

"What comes to magic, I'm not really teacher material, but I'll get you books on magic and try to help get you started, for your appearance, we could get you a new mane-style, it would probably be good to color your mane and tail into different colors too." "For rest the best option is probably to get you clothes to hide the cutiemark and your wings, then if you learn magic well, you could eventually start looking into illusion magic so that you can create yourself a new look with that." she didn't really know much about illusion magic, but she knew somepony who was very skilled in it and thus knew there was potential. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly was quite surprised that Frail Spark would allow there to be some hugging after the tea. She felt like Frail Spark was taking care of her here and she felt safe, and enjoyed that greatly. "I-I am surprised you'd accept a hug like that." Sparkly replied in an almost amazed manner. She blushed but was very happy and would gladly accept such a thing. It was surreal that just by words, Sparkly got one of the things she always wanted. A nice hug with someone that cared about her.

"Coloring my mane and tail sounds nice. Gotta make this body more...appealing to what I like and who I actually want to be here rather than just being a clone of one of your rulers. Surely wouldn't fly well around here. A new...'name' might work too you know. Sparkly is a cute name, but you are also Frail Spark yourself too. I don't know but, Sparkly is fine." Sparkly would nod in agreement. "As for magic, I appreciate that. Tell you what, I want you to design a mane and tail style for me..." she would grin. "As for any particular color scheme...something more Nightly Themed? I always liked the Moon and Stars and you...ponies seem like you can really do make overs so we could do something like that?" she would suggest. 

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum
Frail was surprised that Sparkly was so surprised, and felt a bit bad for her, sure she herself wasn't a big hugger, but it was still part of her everyday life to hug her friends or so on, and there was ponies who hugged first and asked for name and such later, what kind of place Sparkly came from where a hug offer caused a reaction like she had just been asked to a date by her childhood crush. She didn't say anything about it though, because she wasn't sure if she wanted to know much more about the place Sparkly came from, it seemed that any new information just made it sound more and more depressing.

"For the name, as I said earlier, I'm calling you Sparkly only until a better name comes up, and while I can try to help you to come up with one, I don't know if I'll be much help, I'm not good with such things." calling a Twilight Sparkle clone Sparkly should be evidence enough that she wasn't too creative with names "And I'll see what I can do with the style, though I need to ask somepony who knows more about the colors for bit more information about them, though don't worry, I'll do that on the same trip as when I go buy them." "Maybe there's even a possibility to color your coat in a way that the cutiemark gets hidden, but no promises, I don't know much about these things, haven't had the need to look into them." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Sounds like a great plan, really. I am not sure about colors I'd want, maybe my coat can be some sort of like darker color while for my main and tail they can have aspects of grey and blue, or blue and green...I don't know really, I have a really hard time deciding colors for some reason. I'll be a dear and let you decide that for me!" Sparkly would reply happily. "As for a different...cutie mark I am thinking something to do with the moon and stars." she would say, that was the one thing she was sure about.

"Maybe there is some sort of spell that can be casted to change my colors permanently. Changing mane and tail styles is easy enough and should throw off people if I wear clothes but I wish to look completely different than your...princess Twilight in time." Sparkly took a few sips on her tea, savoring the taste. She was never one for tea really, but this tea was absolutely marvellous. 

Soon enough, Sparkly finished her tea. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
"If it turns out that you can disguise your cutie mark, you need to come up with explanation on how you got it" Frail said, giving a small emphasis on 'if'. since like she had said, she didn't know how possible it was, sure it was possible to hide it with makeup, but that was pain to keep up due to how easily it was removed "Ponies, especially younger ones will most likely be asking about it, it's nothing to get weirded out by, it's normal." she finished her tea at this point.

"And for the magic, as I shortly mentioned with the illusion magic, after you get hang of magic in general, you can start looking into spells to help you to look like what you want, that's something you have to figure out yourself though, I have absolutely no knowledge on that area." she sounded almost sorry for not being able to help with that. She took Sparkly's cup after she too was done with her tea and took the cups back into the kitchen, she then made true of her promise, and hugged Sparkly. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly hugged back. She rubbed her face into Frail Spark's mane, curious to see how it would feel. She tapped her wings and felt them. That way, she was able to move them a bit. She stretched her wings, and then wrapped her wings around Frail Spark. It probably felt interesting to hug a princess, even if it was a clone. 
"You are so soft, frail spark." she would say and patted Frail Spark's sides. She knew Frail Spark was real, without a doubt. "All of what you say we should look into, however you...have a style to your mane too. Perhaps you can help me style my mane and tail a bit. Make it look different than it is now. That is a start." she would state warmly.

"Was more or less referring to actual changing the color permanently through a spell, not illusion magic. At the very least, using dyes or color changing shampoo if thats a thing here. You said you have friends here, correct? Maybe you know someone who knows more about this than either of us. Alternatively, we can look into it. Do research." Sparkly suggested, but was hoping to do so anyways. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
Again, Sparkly looking like Twilight didn't really do anything, in fact, since Twilight was, unlike the other princesses, the same size as most mares, this was just like a random pegasus mare hugging her, besides the arguably bit unusual actions and words from Sparkly that was.
She didn't say anything about it at least yet though, she had kinda expected something like that based on Sparkly's earlier statements, and Frail wanted to give her bit of leeway on things she may have been more unhappy about in any other case due to Sparkly's situation.
Though her body language may have revealed a bit of her slight discomfort, as the hair-rub, and the side-pats after the comment caused small jerks in her body. 
Like was hinted by her earlier comment on the house's size, and the fact that she was a rich, conventionally attractive mare who lived and worked alone, Frail didn't have history in relationships, and thus she wasn't really used to anything besides a quick hug and such.

"Like I said, I can style them for you, and for magic that was just a suggestion, as stated, I don't know much about that." "I don't know anypony who knows about this type of things specifically, but one of them can help to find the right information, and one of them may be able to give something to help temporarily but I'll need to ask about that." she could have argued that she actually didn't have her own style, since she just let her mane and tail flow freely as they wished, only making sure they stayed clean and didn't get long enough to be a problem "But everything on its time, I haven't even shown you your room yet." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly gave her one last head pat with a cheeky innocent grin before pulling away. Truth be told, she adored how soft Frail Spark was and was very happy around her. She was quite thankful for that. She wouldn't give this up for anything else in the world. She had lost everything she had previously known yet was far happier than she ever could have been where she came from. She didn't want to go back. She wanted to forget her previous life.

"You have a room for me? Wow, thank you so much! After you show me the room we can style my mane and tail so it is different than Twilight's as a first step. Although I am curious about one that can help find the right information. Tell me about your friends here, I am curious. Maybe they can help us out with our little situation here? Friends are always the best help for anything." Sparkly was quite happy.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
"Like I told you at the shop, you can have my guest room for now." Frail said with kind tone, one could think that having to repeat oneself was annoying, but when you worked in customer service, you learned to tolerate it quite well. "Can you walk or do you need help?" Sparkly had managed to get out of the cart by herself, but Frail wanted to make sure. She would lead Sparkly into the room either by walking just in front of her or by helping her to walk there, depending on the alicorn's response.

Regardless of the exact way of movement, she would speak "For my friends, as I said, none of them have exact experience, but two of them may be able to help." "Sunlight has incredible memory, and she has read almost every book in Equestria, she's basically walking library, so if anypony knows what books you need it's her, she could probably tell exactly what the books say if she wanted to." "She doesn't live in Canterlot though, so I'll have to send her a letter about it, and that'll take anything from day to few days depending on what weather the pegasi will put on and if there's any attacks currently going on." "Then there's her brother but while he too knows everything, he doesn't understand magic at all." 

The room wasn't far, so they'd arrive there while Frail spoke. "Lunar is the second one that may be able to help, she makes jewelry, but she deals a lot with magical artifacts and enchanted items, she may be able to get her hooves on some kind of illusion necklace or something, but like I mentioned, I need to ask her more about that, she's at the market now and then so asking her is not a problem." "Lastly there's Melody. she's a good singer, but that doesn't help with your situation until you need a good lullaby." there was humor in Frail's tone when she said the last part.

She of course knew more ponies, but they weren't quite friends, and she felt that it was better to not get them involved with this, since she didn't really know most of them well enough to know they were trustworthy.

The room was rather nice, there was a bed, a small area with a table and chairs, storage in form of a quite sizeable walk-in closet, and a connected bathroom. There was even a small kitchen, it was basically a small apartment inside the house. There was also a window looking into the big backyard with lot of natural plant life. And there was several decorative pieces made of glass of course.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I probably need a little help, yes." Sparkly said with an innocent grin on her face and appreciated Frail Spark's help into the bedroom. She listened intently on what Frail Spark spoke of her friends as they walked to the room. "I have to say that most certainly is a good variety of friends! You should write Sunlight a letter and inform her of this situation but tell her to keep a secret. I wonder if she knows books on how to change mane colors, cutie marks, and stuff of that nature. Something I think she would find so very interesting." Sparkly mused at that thought.

"As for Lunar there, that is a lovely name. We should style up my mane a bit and I can wear a cloak and we can go out in the market and look for her and see if she can help us? I think that would be a good plan to go with." her mind was percolating with plans and ideas. "Melody could sing me to sleep maybe, since I might have a hard time sleeping since I am in an unfamiliar environment." Sparkly would state as she looks over the room.

Sparkly overlooked the room with a look of amazement. "Wow, this is even bigger than my room back home. It looks amazing and you are so generous for this. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" Sparkly asked and looked to Frail spark with a look of pure gratitude across her face.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
"If a publicly available book about it exists, Sunlight has read it, and with Lunar, you don't necessarily need to come with if you don't want, she can come here if she needs to see you to help." "Also the lullaby thing was meant as a joke, Melody is very busy mare and in all honestly, I have no idea where she is at the moment, she's rarely home." "I also feel the need to tell you that those are not their full names, we just prefer to call each other by shorter names." Important not since Sparkly had been calling Frail by her whole name the whole time.

"Currently there's nothing you can or need to do, besides behaving yourself of course, but after you get hang of things, we'll speak more on how you can pay your stay in case you are planning it to be more permanent." a guest room was rather useless when you never had guests over, so she could just as well rent it to somepony.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly smiled nervously. "W-well payment is not possible r-really...I have nothing to my name and I have not worked a single day in my entire life but I can like keep the house clean, fetch drinks for you and stuff like that? I could also like...give you massages and make your bed too, I'll do anything for you its just that...I don't know where, how or who I'd work for and all that but I'll be good, I promise.' she smiled and giggled slightly. "I'll be your...house servant? House guest, how does that sound, Sparks?" she came up with a nickname for Frail Spark, ironically similar to her own name.

Sparkly stood there and seemed unsure of what to do, leaning against the wall for support. "Maybe we could style my mane and then go out? Check out the area together and see what your friends are up to, if they are available that is." she added. 

• Brohoof 1

"I'm not that type of rich pony, I find servants...uncomfortable concept, having been both enslaved and mind-controlled in the past, I don't feel right to have someone serve me." Frail said bit awkwardly "But like I said, we'll look into that later when your situation is better." she didn't mind the nickname, it not being too far from her real name.

"Why is there such a hurry?  Can't we sit down and just chat for a bit? I'd still like to know who you really are, it's hard to teach you things without knowing what needs to be taught." she spoke in calm and friendly manner "I can see what I can do with your mane during that."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

(You didn't mention me so I didn't see your response).

Sparkly smiled rather grimly at what Frail Spark just said. 
"Well I have never met anyone who had...such things done to them...I-I am sorry..." she said with her face conveying a great deal of guilt for unwitting treading on such thoughts, that Frail Spark likely never wanted to think of again. She had sad, empathic eyes there that also conveyed a sense of understanding or acknowledgement too. It was strange. This mare was quite something, wasn't she? 

"And yes, I am in no hurry for anything, I was merely suggesting something but I'd love to that...It is hard to exactly put who I am into words but I've always been someone with a great deal of knowledge beyond my years, but one that has never done the more simple things in life to be honest with you. I have never bought my own food, gone somewhere on my own without my parents being there. While I loved my parents, I am glad to be somewhere where I can learn how to do those things...and not have to have frustrating obligations and feelings looming over my head." Sparkly stated, her expression bearing one of no favour to where she had originally been from.

"I don't want to back. Never in a million years. I want to stay here, in your world. With you, and meet all the colorful ponies here." she said and propped herself up and stood on her own four legs shakily in front of her, as if wanting to show determination. She felt a sense of balance...and stood comfortably for once. She felt her hooves and did a slight jump and landed on her 4 hooves. It strangely felt natural. "You can style my mane here if you want or we can go into the bathroom, no doubt you have utensils. Up to you." she'd follow where Frail Spark lead, or just sit down if it was to be done here.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
(my bad, was tired)

"Don't worry about it, it's one of those things everypony has gone through." Frail said in rather casual tone "At this point an annoying customer is lot bigger strain on my mind." she had gotten over the events quite well, neither of them being long periods of time, and the latter she didn't really even remember, since mind-control tended to wipe the memory from the time of control. The only effect they really had was the aforementioned dislike of servants. 

"Sit down and wait here, I'll get what I need and come here." she instructed, before leaving the room to get anything she may need, she smiled at Sparkly's success of keeping balance, but didn't say anything. When she came back and positioned herself behind Sparkly, she asked something "How old are you? or were,? depends on how you look at it" she had hard time pinpointing who she was dealing with age-wise, because some things Sparkly did or said were more foal-like in general context, but many things were also indication of greater maturity, she wasn't judging her, she just wanted to know "Not in numbers, since our years aren't necessarily equally long, but more in the context of what were you considered as? a foal? full grown? something in between?" 

• Brohoof 1