Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Sparkly Situation (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would sit down and watch as Frail Spark came behind her, about to do her mane and tail there. "Well, I'd about be turning 18 but given the time frame and I don't remember how long it has been since I have been here, or what the exact time was I'd consider myself a young adult. I'd just about be becoming an adult in my world." she'd state with a light blush. "A year is one full orbital period of the planet around the sun. A day is 24 hours, so 365 days of those roughly is one full year around the sun." she stated rather informatively. "The calendar of months where I am from makes absolutely no sense as each month is not an even set of days. The moon orbits around the Earth once every 27 days, and that is the same period it takes for the moon to complete a full phase cycle." this mare knew a lot about time keeping, it seemed. 

Based on how old Frail Spark seemed, she thought to herself for a few moments. "I'm guessing you'd be an adult as well, you don't seem over the age of 25 or 30 at least from my guesses." she said and leaned back to give Frail Spark a good angle of her mane, and flicked her tail out so she could get at her tail easily as well.

• Brohoof 1

"I see" Frail said, moving Sparkly's mane around to see what could be done to it and to get rid of the original style "So you're a young one, Twilight is older than that, but I don't think the difference is enough to cause trouble for you." a big difference between the age of the body and mind could have caused some questions from ponies, but it didn't like it was a case "And your guess isn't too far off, but that's all I say on that." you should never ask a mare her age and so on "Though I can say that I'm around the age where everypony younger thinks I'm ancient and everypony older thinks I'm a foal." her tone was humorous.

"For time, I don't know what orbital period means, or orbit, and I can only guess that Earth is the place you come from." "But here it isn't too different from what you said, but it is slightly different." "A day is 24 hours when things are normal, but year is only 360 days, we don't have months, but we have moons, which are the length of one full cycle of phases of the moon, or about 30 days." "It's currently 3rd day of the second moon of summer, year...no idea honestly, that matters only in history books, and the year resets every time a new era begins. There was the era of heroes, The Reign of Disharmony and Chaos, the Celestial years of peace....I guess we live in the era of friendship at the moment." "Okay, it's quite different" 

"And since I believe you may ask about it, the reason why I specified 'when things are normal', is because the 24 hours rule doesn't always stay true." "Nightmare moon caused nights longer than that, there was also this one  time when both moon and sun were on the sky at the same time, the forest also started spreading but that's beside the point, and I can only imagine what happened during Discord's chaos....the point being, there is times when the usual night and day cycle gets messed up quite badly." she sounded very casual about it, like she was talking about the weather, so these events she was talking about clearly weren't as insane to her as they may have sounded to Sparkly

@Monotonality

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly let all that sink in. What was said about the sun and moon being in the sky at the same time made sense to her. The other stuff about Discord and Celestial peace did not, but she didn't let that bother her. "That is all very interesting...hmm...An orbit is the period of which a celestial body of lesser mass, orbits one of a greater mass. Where I am from, the Moon can often appear during the day due to different positions in its orbit around Earth. Earth is the planet I am from, it is the ground we walk, Earth is our home. Earth has many nations and continents, though." she added with an informative tone as Frail Spark was doing her mane.

"So your middle age, I'd say? Thats quite nice. You probably know more than I know but I also know a lot of things you don't. Such as orbits. Think of the sun as a huge ball of plasma, burning at thousands of degrees. Your world in its entirety moves around the sun. The sun is roughly 100 times wider, and a million times more massive. Those stars you see in the sky? Also suns, all of them hotter, brighter, and much more massive stars as the sun is a rather lighter and dimmer star as compared to them. Your moon orbits around the Earth, it is a world in its own right." she sounded rather scientific and knowledgeable at the moment. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
"I can't comment on what you said too much, I'm not the right pony for that." Frail said "All I can say is what I know, like for example that the moon and the sun being up at the same time is not normal here, they were next to each other and the sky was split between day and night, that hasn't happened before or after that." "It also reminds me of that one time when Twilight controlled the sun and moon instead of the sisters, the sun went up and back down and up and sideways, the sun and moon moved really weirdly that morning." "I didn't think about it much back then, being too busy with my magic having been drained, but I remember it being bit odd, and I learned later it was because of Twilight being in control." Frail was the kind of pony that didn't really like to think about too many things too much, like for example how it was possible for the princesses to control the sun and moon, she knew it happened and that was all she needed, figuring out how it worked was for those who liked to look into things like that.

"For nations and continents, there is others besides Equestria, but as I think I mentioned before, I don't know much about that." she may have been ignorant in many things, but it was by choice, and unlike some others, she fully admitted it when she didn't know something, only thing she knew everything about was glass and how to make things out of it. 

The age guess was ignored as may have been expected, partly because there was no way of telling how right it was since 'middle age' didn't have one exact definition, and partly because Frail didn't feel the exact number was important. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly was quite surprised. "If that all really happened I'll just chock that up to magic or some form of advanced illusions. Things like that never happen in my world as it is for all intents and purposes impossible according to the known laws of physics." she stated. "If you teach me how to levitate things and write, then I will be able to write down a vast amount of information about my world. Spoken words can not accurately describe the majority of it." she closed her eyes and seemed to relax as Frail Spark styled her mane.

"There are 6 continents. Roughly 250 nations where I am from. I am from the United States of America, the most powerful nation on the planet. Although the rising People's Republic of China will soon claim that spot. Other powerful nations include the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Russian Federation, Federal Republic of Germany, Federative Republic of Brazil, Commonwealth of Canada, State of Japan, and others. As you can tell, I like using formal names." Sparkly giggles. 

She smiled, and really enjoyed conversing with Frail Spark as her mane was styled.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
"Well isn't that quite a list of long names I'll forget." Frail said, pausing her doing for a while and drawing something on a paper "And don't worry about laws of physics, we have so many reality breaking beings around that mere physics mean nothing." she was joking, but it was also true, with those like Discord and Pinkie pie existing, nothing was set in stone, not that setting something in stone would do anything either for same, reason.

She showed the paper to Sparkly, there was rough but quite well made drawings of different mane styles(including but not limited to the ones in the OOC) "Does any of these look like something you'd like, or should I just make them one by one and show you a mirror?" she'd act based on the answer, but regardless of it, she would continue speaking after getting one "For levitation and writing, I'll do my best to help, but like with things like walking, it's matter of practice."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

(Don't see anything in the OOC yet, I'll specify in the OOC if you posted one)

Sparkly would pick out one of the styles that she thought looked good. "Hmmm this one looks good." she smiled, pointing her hoof at it. "I wouldn't want you to make them all one by one, it sounds like a lot of work and I wouldn't want to make you do that." she'd say with a friendly, almost bashful grin. "Laws of physics don't matter here, huh? Interesting. Never thought I'd be in a place where that was the case. I am glad for that actually, those lousy scientists back home considered all this impossible? Hah, it is entirely possible, jokes on them. I'm glad I am here." she said almost in a determined manner.

"I would appreciate your help in helping me levitate things. Really this is all...fascinating to me. Actually being able to levitate things, that was considered impossible magic where I am from." she tried focusing on a hairbrush, but nothing happened. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
(the ones you posted)

"It wouldn't be that big of deal, I'm far from professional so everything I suggested is relatively easy to make, though some of them wouldn't look exact since your mane needs to grow a bit more for that." Frail said as she started styling the mane. "From what I have understood based on what you have said, wouldn't any and all magic be considered impossible where you're from?" "I can only imagine what it would be like to live with things like random weather." "Meanwhile here something like  levitation is rather basic thing, it's one of the first things an unicorn learns, though only object levitation, levitating creatures takes more practice and levitating magical creature takes even more." "It comes to me so naturally that I sometimes forget that most creatures don't use or can't use it." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"All magic is considered impossible. The weather decides itself. It's nature. In your world, you seem to control nature. In mine, nature is a force that we largely cannot control. It is a force to be respected, for nature often decides your fate. While you have modern cities, technology and all that nature decides the weather, whether it rains or shines, whether there is a hurricane or blizzard. It all follows somewhat predictable patterns based on seasons, most of the time it is quite hard to predict." she stated.

"As for my mane, you can style it like it is in the sketch and I'll grow it out. I dunno how fast it grows here though, but tell me friend, how do I levitate things? How does it work?" she asked innocently.

@Monotonality
"I'm not sure how I feel about the implication that you are somehow outside nature." Frail admitted "Ponies are part of nature, magic is part of nature, anything that's alive is part of nature. Somepony like Discord could be considered outside nature, but he's outside reality in general so..." while ponies, dragons and such were generally considered to be above animals, they were still part of nature like everything else.

"It's hard to explain levitation, because like I said, it comes naturally to me, it's like trying to explain in detail how to move your head side to side." She had to think for a moment how to word things "You kinda just, decide to pick something up, choose an item, for example one of the pillows on the bed, and just focus on it." "Then think about picking it up, don't think about how you are going to do it, just decide that you will pick up that pillow, if your magic works like it would for somepony who has always been a pony, it should eventually start working without you thinking about it." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I didn't say I was outside of nature. However many humans think they are. We do not have the ability to change the weather as you ponies but we recently invented technology that can alter the weather in minor cases to help our needs but, many such as myself think that is wrong. We should not bend nature to our whims, we should not control it. As accidents are bound to happen and very bad people have been manipulating and changing things, such as the weather too." she said rather solemly.

She did exactly what Frail Spark said. She focused on the pillow. Nothing seemed to happen for a bit but she thought about picking it up, and focused more. Soon enough the pillow was lifted up in her purple magic. She smiled. She thought about moving it, and it did. She tapped Frail Spark with the pillow before setting it down with a giggle. "I did it! I did it!" she said innocently. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
Frail didn't say anything more regarding the topic of controlling nature, as she didn't really have an opinion in either way, it was nice that unlike in somewhere like the Everfree forest, you always knew what the weather would be, but at the same time, it didn't really affect her, since she still looked outside from a window every morning to see the current weather. She also didn't like to bring the conversation to awful things again, and it seemed that very few things weren't awful on 'Earth'. Instead she responded with acknowledging hum.  

She used the time Sparkly was testing out her magic to finish her mane, getting Sparkly to focus on one thing helped to keep her head in one place, thus making the finishing touches easier and quicker to do. She moved to do the tail next, but stopped for a moment when Sparkly managed to move the pillow , she let out a thoughtful hum "It seems that you may have more in common with Twilight than just your appearance, I know I said levitation is simple to do, but getting hang of it well enough to move the item precisely that quickly, considering you used to be most likely incapable of magic, that is quite impressive." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly was impressed by the styling of her mane and tail and now Frail Spark was working down to her tail. She blushed a bit at Frail Spark's words, surprised at what she just did was considered impressive. "Hmm...I have a weird theory, perhaps I am in Twilight's body because I have a similar personality, or a similar outlook on life compared to her? There is no way to know if that is the case but it could very well be the case. I'm not going to screw around with magic too far just yet, though. I still have much to learn about simple things." Sparkly picked up the pillow again and spun it a bit in her purple magic before setting it back down.

"I know I told you a lot of awful things about Earth, but it is not all like that. The friends you make there are true gems, and friendships there if you are lucky can last an entire life time. I've had friends there that I've known since I was very young. Plus, the stars and the moon, the sun are all very beautiful. Earth's landscapes are beautiful. So many rivers, lakes, mountains...it's all just so pretty and the natural world has a certain awe to it, you know? Should be preserved for future generations so they can experience the same awe." she said in an almost reassuring manner.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
"I don't know Twilight personally and I don't know anything about travel between worlds, so I can't really say anything for sure, but I don't necessarily believe that's the case." Frail said thoughtfully regarding Sparkly's theory "Because, if you ending up here had that kind of complexity involved, I don't see why it wouldn't just create a new form for you." though ultimately it wasn't something for her to worry about, this type of things were outside her knowledge. 

"While I'm glad there's something positive out there, it still sound pretty awful to me." she commented "Or at least lot worse than here, we have beautiful nature and long friendships too, you don't even need to be that lucky." "Sure there's the attacks but they end up being so inconsequential most of the time that they are like rainy days in the summer." "Some are unlucky and aren't that happy, but there usually is somepony who could, and eventually will help." "I mean, one of the most important celebrations we have is about a time in history when friendship saved us from what would most likely been our eventual extinction." she didn't try to insult Earth or otherwise be negative about it, she was just trying to keep a conversation going as she styled the tail "Now that I mention it, I feel we are bit obsessed with friendship." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well being obsessed with friendship is better than the alternative, if you want the alternative just go to where I am from where everything is practically worse. Friendship is a great thing. Without it, life would not be worth living. Whats the use of not having friends to fill your day with good thoughts? Since alone, negativity and such would just eat at you and you wouldn't have anyone to face your problems with." Sparkly stated, thinking rather deeply at that as her tail was styled.

"On Earth, specifically where I am from there is a saying. I live on what used to once be tribal land. There were 6 warring tribes, they fought wars against each other. When faced with external issues they agreed on unifying under one nation. One of their chief leaders once said, "A stick alone is easily broken, but a bundle of sticks is never so easily broken". I believe you get the point of what that means." Sparkly grinned widely at that and then sort of gave Frail Spark a friendly nudge. She was quite pleased with the way her mane was and looked down, watching as her tail was styled. It no longer looked like Twilight's mane or tail. That was a plus. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
"I get that but sometimes being alone is a good thing." Frail pointed out "And sometimes a lone outsider may be the solution." "Using your stick example, if somepony lit that bundle of sticks on fire, only those not part of it survive." "I certainly enjoy being alone now and then, and I sometimes wonder what would happen if someday a threat came that couldn't be dealt with friendship, we have ways to dealt with that now, but you don't need to know much about things to realize it'll come back to bite our flank later." "Obsession is a slippery slope." She knew a thing or two about being obsessed with something, that would be pretty clear by just looking around her house, the decorations there were but a fraction of what she had created, she had had times when she had gotten bit too into her work.

She was done with the tail, so she backed away from Sparkly and smiled "But that aside, what do you think of your new look? They need to grow a bit more to be more unique, but it should be good enough to not loose the style when they do."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly smiled back at Frail Spark. She was quite pleased, her lavender cheeks lit up in a blush and she posed infront of the mirror making various seductive poses at herself to gage her appearance. She looked pretty stunning and giggled, "You do a great job, Frail Spark! It looks amazing and I thank you very much for it. As for your saying there, don't think of it that much and don't let it bother you. Bad things may come, but that doesn't mean we have to take away the good we do now." she turned around and looked to her happily, with a joyful smile.

She definitely understood Frail Spark's comment on the sticks there. "Well, I haven't thought of that actually but hey, that's an interesting thing. So what do you wanna do now? Just hang out or do you wanna go see your friends and I can wear some sort of cloak? Something to hide my wings perhaps." she'd state, calmly. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
While Sparkly was busy looking at herself, Frail collected the stuff she had used so that it would be easier to move 
away when she eventually would leave the room "You're welcome, I'm glad you like it." She smiled while she said it, but bit of her customer service side slipped in with her tone, she wasn't good with compliments, in part due to the slight perfectionism she had developed due to the ponies she dealt with.

"I must say the former, it's getting late soon so it would be pointless to try to find anypony today." it had been late afternoon when she had found Sparkly, so even at that point it would have been unlikely that they would have found Lunar, and now it was pretty much certain they wouldn't find her. "I'll also still need to put few things in place and I'm yet to eat anything today." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly definitely noticed the switch of tone there and her ears perked up with a slight grin, "You don't have to talk like that, just speak honestly. No need to put on a front or certain tone around me." she said with thought and sat up, she stood on her hooves. Still shakily but not as much as before. It seemed she was gradually getting the hang of it and more comfortable with her ability to stand on her own. Hey legs wobbled a bit but she didn't fall.

Upon the topic of food, Sparkly found herself hungry. "Food? Why didn't I think of that earlier? Normally I'd prefer chips or pizza but I look forward to seeing what food is like here. Show me, I'm getting hungry by the second." she spoke in a hungry manner. She was hungry for sure, it seemed the mere mention of food made her hungry.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality
"My bad, my customer service voice just kinda slips in occasionally" Frail apologized with slightly awkward smile, it was less a front and more a habit.

She was ready to act in case it looked like Sparkly needed help with staying up, she didn't make it obvious because she didn't want to seem like she didn't believe in Sparkly's ability to do it, but the poor alicorn had fallen over enough times now that Frail started to feel bad about not even trying to stop it.

"Want help walking?" Frail again asked before anything, but regardless of how they would be moving to the kitchen she continued "Don't expect anything grand, I have only leftovers left and none of them are pizza or chips." those were things in Equestria too, they were just fully plant based, until of course you went somewhere where they served for carnivores too, though that was where Frail would draw the line, there would be no meat in her house, the smell alone made her feel ill.

In the kitchen Frail would take out the choices, there was things from basic hay and vegetables, to a salad with berries, and enough ingredients to make few very vegan sandwiches,

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Its okay, Frail Spark. I'm your friend, not your customer." she laughed slightly and playfully nudged Frail Spark but in doing so she risked falling over again. "Its probably best that you help me stand until I can stand on my own, thank you very much, my friend." she said and was a bit flattered by Frail Spark's eagerness to help her up. It felt strange having someone so kind and eager to help her up. 

Sparkly calmly looked to Frail Spark as she spoke. "Well that is fine by me, show me what you got there. You might have to feed me though because I don't really um, know how to eat as a pony." she grinned nervously. Sparkly wanted Frail Spark to put the food into her mouth, even though she might be able to do it on her own. She looked at Frail Spark more, seeing how soft she was. She resisted the urge to pet her, as she was the type to always like floofy or soft pillows or animals. But now she is with someone, who is also floofy and can treat her as a friend. A dream for Sparkly has basically come true.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"You just open you mouth and close it, I'll put whatever you take into a bowl so that you don't need to use your hooves or magic." Frail stated, this time Sparkly would have to get by herself, both because Frail would be eating herself, thus being busy with that, and because as she saw it, Sparkly really didn't need help with that for the reason she had stated. She was kind and helpful yes, but she wasn't personal servant level of kind and helpful.

Frail 'dropped off' Sparkly at the table, and after taking out the foods, she also took out a sizable glass bowl, in there she put bit of everything, until Sparkly asked for specific things to not be put there, and then put it in front of Sparkly, she held onto the bowl with her magic, but other than that Sparkly would need to do the eating herself. She then took the loose hay and vegetables and made a mix of them for herself, eating it using her magic, she didn't see a reason to use any cutlery for something like this. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly rose an eyebrow at what was put into the bowl. She always had a gag reflex and couldn't eat certain foods but since she was in a different body would that be the case? Well, there was one way to find out. After all, a pony's taste would be different from a humans. Sparkly didn't really like any of the foods put in the bowl but she sighed and almost seemed to nervously put the hay into her mouth. It tasted like what she thought it would, yet her gag reflex wouldn't reject it.

"Back home I couldn't eat any of these foods here due to my gag reflex, but it seems that didn't 'carry over' if you will..." she'd say thoughtfully as she munched down on the other vegetables and such in the bowl there. None of it repulsed her like she thought. It wasn't too enjoyable but it wasn't gross either, she was never one for vegetables. "At the very least here, I can eat healthy without throwing up as that was something I dealt with before...I preferred salty or fatty foods honestly, but I never got fat once due to my high metabolism." she mused.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"Thanks Celestia for that, we ponies are herbivores, and based on you being able to use magic, you are physically a full pony." Frail responded "There is access to foods with fat since carnivores deserve to eat too, but you most likely wouldn't survive long by eating only that, you would also most likely get sick quite fast." "And I say this now, no meat or any other animal based food in this house, the smell alone makes me sick and it's pain to get rid of it once it sticks to something." outside the house Sparkly would be allowed to eat whatever she wanted "Salt you can have if you like that taste, I don't have it currently since I don't bake, but I can get some when I visit the shop." "There is also all kind of spices and herbs that give foods more taste, but you would need to figure out yourself how much of what suits you, I don't really use them since I rarely eat anything that needs preparation." 

"Bakeries are a good choice too, if your stomach can handle it that is, there's plenty of pastries and cakes and such that give you everything you need to live relatively healthy, but since there's also lot of things like sugar in them, some ponies get bellyache from eating them."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly was rather pleased with what Frail Spark was saying. No meat? What a dream, really. Sparkly had been a vegetarian by choice in her home. She felt rather odd for doing that but in her mind it was cruel to eat meat unless needed. The only meat that she really ate was pepperoni on pizzas and that was it. She never had any other meats before. 
"I don't eat meat, it is disgusting. The smell is awful, the process of getting it is awful, and in my world we are omnivores. We can eat meat or plants, whatever we want really but I refused to eat meat. Sometimes people would judge me for not eating meat which I really hated but I am glad its not like that here and that you ponies don't eat meat. I honestly don't mind eating what you eat, I was never a big eater type anyways and I'd just eat whats there." Sparkly grinned at her words and soon finished the bowl. 

• Brohoof 1