Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Sparkly Situation (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

@Starforce Glimmer
"Yeah you mentioned that earlier, I just brought it up because you talked about 'fatty' foods, and as you probably know, fat comes from the same place as more solid meat, meaning that it's not welcome here either." Frail mentioned as she ate her own mixture of stuff, she wasn't necessarily big fan of the food either, mostly due to some of it being quite old at this point, they being leftovers as she had mentioned "And if you really don't care what you eat, that makes my life bit easier, but just to make sure, you do know you don't need to try to suck up to me? I'm of course not saying you're doing that, but I just want you to know that you can disagree with me, I won't throw you out because of that." her tone was kind yet there was bit of seriousness in it, not seriousness as a bad thing, but seriousness as in, she meant what she said  "You need to act quite badly for me to throw you out, and even then you will most likely get a warning before that." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would understand what Frail Spark was saying here and nodded. "I like things like chips, ice cream and cereal ideally. Pizza was one of my favourite foods but I can do without that. I should try to eat healthier anyways as I don't want to ruin this body I have with my eating habits? I'm not sucking up to you, Its just something I want to do. Eating was never something all that important to me anyways. I also really like fries too. I-If you would wanna try some of the things I like sometime, we can. Although it would have to be non-meat related which is what I wanted anyways." she said and seemed a bit nervous upon her more serious words as if she was afraid of treading on her words, but she also meant what she said as well. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"I know what all of those are, and I know what they all taste like here, I just haven't have any reason to eat them." Frail explained as she finished her own food and got up to do the dishes "I'm not big fan of eating outside alone and I can't be bothered to make anything complicated after a day of work." "But since you brought up Ice cream and cereal, cow milk or plant 'milk', I'm not really fan of either, but unlike something like meat, milk doesn't bother me, so you don't need to worry about that." 
her voice was back to the usual friendly and casual tone.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would nod. "I don't mind going without cereal, or ice cream. That's fine by me. I have something else on my mind..." she would begin, looking out the window and stood at the windowsill looking out at the outside scenery. "I find your world interesting, at night I want to do something with you. Can we go outside and look at the stars, and the moon? I want to see the night sky here. Its something I like to do each and every night is look at the stars..." she spoke with a bit of a pleading, almost like, desperate tone but one that also conveyed loveliness and wonder. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
Frail thought for a second "You are free to do that as you please, I can join you for a moment or two today, but I won't be outside for too long, it has been a very tiring day." she stated, putting the dishes to dry and putting the remaining leftovers back to where she took them from. "Speaking of, I still need to put few things where they belong, will you stay here or do you want me to help you into your room? I noticed that you still have some sand on you, so you could probably use a quick shower." sand could cause discomfort if it was left in one's mane and fur for too long.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly smiles at her happily. "You can help me into the shower. I should probably get cleaned up here but, didn't you just style my mane and tail for me? Id feel kind of bad for messing up your work but I suppose that isn't too much of a problem, since you styled it and it will be easy to get back into place? But tonight, I want you to look at the stars for me." Sparkly smiled to her with an almost nerdy, cute look. She was sort of like Twilight was. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"Don't worry about the style, as long as you don't purposefully mess your mane up it should hold up just fine, the way manes and tails keep their style is almost magical." it usually took just bit of combing to get them back to right style, regardless of how crazy and weird your style was, it was odd. As she spoke, Frail would go help Sparkly to walk and would bring her into the guest room's bathroom "And like I said, I'll join you for few moments for the star watching when it's time for that." 

When they got to the bathroom, Frail quickly showed how the shower worked and what did what, it wasn't that different from human shower, the biggest difference being that everything was made to be easily used by hooves rather than hands. After it seemed Sparkly would manage, Frail would leave her alone and go do her own things, and if Sparkly was one to listen for hoofsteps, she would be able to hear Frail go to the door she had left the stuff to earlier, before the steps got too quiet to be heard over the shower. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well alright, that sounds like a plan to me." she simply said and followed Frail Spark into the guest room's bathroom. The guest room was truly some kind of house on its own, it had its own bathroom and other things. She was very thankful for her friend's help. Upon entering the bathroom Sparkly would observe the differences with the shower than she would have expected. Sparkly watched as Frail Spark went off to do her own thing but stood there for a few moments listening to her hoof steps.

"I swear if this is some kind of joke or a dream I'm going to flip. I want to stay here in this world. I never want to leave or go back anywhere ever again. Please, god, I don't want to leave this world." she muttered to herself as if someone was listening. "She is so kind, why is that? Is she the one that brought me here? Hmm, I can deduce that she is meant to watch over me for some reason I do not know...who is she? She hasn't told me much of her past. Is she just a figment of my imagination, or what? Have I gone insane? Have I lost my mind and ended up in an endless lucid dream? Either way, she has been very nice to me and I should not betray her trust. But still, I feel as if she brought me here or she was meant to look after me. But why?" Sparkly muttered more, and then got into the shower. It took her a few seconds to get the hang of it, but she would pull the curtain over and would turn on the hot water and got it just right and started to bathe.

It felt really strange bathing with fur and wings. She looked down at her cutie mark, wondering what it represented. She enjoyed the soap lathering up her wings and furry body, and would enjoy herself in the shower for more than a few minutes out of her own curiosity with her body. Soon enough though, she would rinse off entirely and step out of the shower and then dry off. She managed to use her magic to lift up the towel and move it around her body but articulating it was hard. Then, she wiped out the shower stall and left the room to see what Frail Spark was up to.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
Frail made her way down the stairs into her workshop, it was almost identical to the one in her shop, jut bit messier, since she didn't have any real reason to keep it as clean as she did the shop's one. She put the stuff she brought with her in various places, among which was today's profit from the shop, that she hid in a safe place that only she knew how to access, most of her money was of course in a bank, but it was good to have a portion at home for the worst case scenario.

After that she sat down for a moment and sighed, wasn't this a situation she had gotten herself into, her feelings were...mixed, it was nice to have company, but at the same time, there was a reason why she still lived alone, it wasn't like she had trouble finding partners, she just didn't care  to get one, she liked being alone. She also wondered why her from all ponies, sure she had said that she didn't believe Sparkly's appearance in her storage room as Twilight to be planned, but in truth she did recognize that this all couldn't be just a coincidence, the magic in Equestria, while sometimes unpredictable, had certain level of intellect in it, that's why for example those practicing teleportation didn't appear inside solid materials and die, so that meant that for some reason, the magic had chosen her storage from all places for Sparkly to appear.

Then there was Sparkly herself, young male from another world trapped in full grown mare's body, that alone was a something, but when that body happened to be almost perfect copy of the princess of Friendship, Frail wasn't fully comfortable with the whole thing yet.
Sparkly's behavior was also source of uncertainty, mainly the whole attraction thing, it was something Sparkly had acknowledged herself, which was a good thing, but Frail was still bit iffy about it, it was combination of many things. but one of the things was her uncertainty about if Sparkly's attraction was fueled by her age or past gender, or in other word, was it romantic attraction, or more caregiver type, though regardless Frail felt a bit like it would be easy to accidentally exploit it, something that she didn't want to do, but she also didn't want to be too strongly against it either, as she didn't want to come up as rude.
Though she would probably need to bring it up eventually, if for nothing else than drawing some limits to physical contact, as at least currently she did not return any of the attraction, and thus certain things made her feel bit uncomfortable.

She made her way back up, and when Sparkly got out of the bathroom, Frail would be just entering the guest room with a comb, having taken away all the other equipment she had used for styling "Did everything go aright, was there any trouble with anything?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

When Frail Spark had made her way up she would have seen Sparkly just standing there and staring out the window. She had taken a second to respond which would indicate she had been standing there for a while. Sparkly had found herself in a daze and upon hearing Frail Spark's voice it took her a few moments to really force herself out of it, Sparkly seemed to force a grin as if she had to get herself through a mental fog or a mental barrier. "Oh! It went fine, still getting used to the whole hooves and magic thing but I think at this point I can stand on my own, but not that I wouldn't mind your help standing or moving around." she'd say and then seem to sigh a bit.

"You know, I don't know if I am dreaming all this up or what. On one hand I think I've lost my mind and gone utterly insane, but on the other hand this is all very...real and I highly doubt that my mind could come up with it on its own." she pressed her hoof against the table there before clumsily hobbling onto the couch a she noticed the comb and got into a position of which Frail Spark could easily style her mane and tail.

"I-I have a question..." Sparkly would begin more nervously. "W-were you the one who brought me here? And if so...why? I don't know why I ended up here but everything seems safe and a little too...convenient. You are so welcoming to me, you help me walk...you style my mane, you feed me. You are really kind, you know." she'd lay on her back, facing Sparkly with eyes that contained a sense of being lost, but also a longing for something, or someone. "But I don't suppose we have a way of knowing how I got here...not that I really mind since I can tell you I am much happier here than anywhere else and I don't ever want to leave this world. You ponies seem so nice, so caring, Its not something I'd trade for anything else in the world." she blushed at that, her eyes softening quite a bit. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
It was matter of seconds to re-style  the main and tail, it was truly a miracle how it all was done with few moments of combing.

"No, I didn't bring you here, not to be mean, but if I had control over it, I would have not chosen myself, there's plenty of other ponies I would have rather sent you to, ponies who are lot better with this type of thing than I am." Frail stated, it may have been bit overly direct, but it was honest, and it was not meant in ill way, as evidenced by her kind tone "For safety and such, that's just how things here are, I'm nothing special in Equestria, even the worst pony snobs would try to help somepony in your situation, even if it was by bringing you to guards, which isn't as bad as you think." "I have the compassion to help those in need, and I have the means to provide that help, I have no reason to not help." she didn't react to Sparkly's feelings in any visible way, either she didn't notice them, or she ignored them due to her uncertainty regarding them. "It doesn't matter to me what somepony looks like, where they are from, or what they are in general, I'll try my best to help, and if I can't help, I'll get them to somepony who can." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly stood there with a small, nervous grin as Frail Spark combed her mane back into place and she nodded and understood her points of view. "You may say you are nothing special, but you are." Sparkly stepped forward and pointed a hoof to Frail Spark's chest. "You are special because you are unique in what you do, plus, who else has a clone of one of the nation's rulers in their home? Nobody else, I'm guessing." she laughed a little bit there, a bit of a joke there but it was also probably true at the same time.

"To me, people or rather...ponies like you are quite a rarity. I've not seen such kind and caring people in a long time such as yourself. I know I may flatter you with my words but it's true. I would love to go meet the other ponies here and maybe have someone teach me how to fly. If what you say is true, there is no harm in ponies knowing about me although I don't want ponies to harass you over it so we'll keep as our secret. " she'd say with an eyebrow raised, "And well, as for how I got here, maybe it was destiny or fate that decided for me." she concluded, seeming rather satisfied. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"I wouldn't be surprised if somepony had a collection of princess clones in their house, it's not as crazy as it may sound, there's a reason why I didn't freak out when I first saw you." Frail may have not known any such situation personally, but her not knowing about it didn't mean it didn't exist, she had learned to not make such assumption. "And you are not actually flattering me, as I know you are not aware of how things are here, besides, I'm not easily flattered, you'd be surprised how many creatures try to get discount or otherwise win me over with nice words, or not, can't know how common that's where you come from." it may have been part of the reason why she was so bad at taking compliments in general, she heard so many fake compliments that it was hard to tell the difference. 

"Sure there's ponies who are mean, mainly here and Manehattan, but it's more likely to meet a nice one, as the meaner ones usually want to avoid everypony as much as we want to avoid them, I'm what I would call average when it comes to niceness, though if you were to ask somepony from Ponyville, they may call me bit rude." it really depended on what you were used to, though for her, her more introverted nature did 'take away points' when asking somepony about her kindness. "It's true there wouldn't be big harm if ponies learned about you now, but for sake of your own sanity I suggest figuring things out before that, ponies are known to ask lot of questions, and it would probably be only worse for you due to your likeness to Twilight." "And it wouldn't be necessarily entirely safe until you at least know how to move without help, because while ponies are no threat, ponies are not the only creatures living in Equestria.

"I can ask Lunar if she can help you with the flying thing, she's a earth pony who learned to fly, so she if anypony knows how to learn to use wings you didn't have before." one could assume that a pegasus was the obvious help to get, but as Frail saw it, that had the same problem as there was with her teaching magic, when something comes to you naturally, it's very hard to explain it to somepony to whom it doesn't.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly nodded in understanding of Frail Spark's words. Whatever the case may be, Sparkly was deeply thankful for Frail Spark and smiled cutely. Then Sparkly stepped forward in almost hug like fashion but did not hug her in apparent fear of overstepping her boundaries. She looked left and right, then blushed deeply. "I am so very thankful. I will say it again, and I will say it for a thousand times more. Thank you for helping me through everything Frail Spark. Or Frail Sparkly." she giggled at the nickname she gave to her companion. "I know you may say things about how this is all a friendly world and all that. That doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is that you truly helped me. And that you are a special pony. Even if you may not think you are. You are." Sparkly tapped her hoof to Frail Spark's chest and then pulled back slightly with a serene smile.

"The name of your friend is interesing to me. She is named Lunar, but is an Earth pony. But yet she can fly. That has a lot of interesting contradictions, I am sure she has an interesting story to tell and I would love to meet her. Usually in my world I am not all that excited about meeting people but if what you say is true than I have all the reason to be excited. I can fly! I can actually fly! I never thought that would ever be possible in my entire life, WINGS on my OWN back! Wow!" Sparkly couldn't help but squeak in delight and prance about the room before she tripped and fell flat on her face.

"Ow. My point still stands. But I'm not standing, I'm on the floor, don't you see?" she laughed her moderate pain away and just layed on her back laughing much like a child, she was so happy.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
Frail didn't much react to the new nickname, but she did wonder what happened to the last one, 'sparks' or whatever it was, Sparkly hadn't used it since the first time and had returned to using her full name instead for some reason. "I just don't like to take credit for something I am not, if you praise my work, I will agree, there's a reason why I'm successful, but calling me special for doing something most ponies would do, I just can't give that to myself." she admitted before addressing the rest. "Lunar's full name is 
Lunar Charm, she can also use unicorn magic, though I'm not going to even try to explain how that works, she'll have to explain it herself." 

She offered her hoof to help Sparkly back up, she had the usual friendly smile on her face "I'd say that's a quite the improvement from barely being able to stand without support." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would take Frail Spark's hoof with a grin. "Whatever the case may be I am more than happy to meet her and know more about her. And yes, it is an improvement but I would have never been able to do so if it wasn't for you. If you can't give credit to yourself, I will be the one giving the credit to you. Now then, what is it you would like to do? Any plans? We can do anything really, I'm more than up for it." she would stand up and look into Frail Spark's eyes with a profound sense of happiness and interest in what is to come. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"All I did was move you around, your improvement is strictly due to practice." 

Frail thought for a moment, "I don't normally do much at this point, I usually get home, eat, maybe do something in my workshop and go to sleep." she checked the time "I guess we could do that star watching thing you wanted, it isn't quite night yet but it shouldn't be long until Luna's night sky becomes visible, and earlier we can do it better, I'm starting to get tired."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly nodded. "You go to bed this early? I usually would stay up until 3 in the morning. Long since after everyone's gone to sleep. But, let me tell you about something. In my world, many people have gone to space and to the moon. We have something called the International Space Station. Imagine a bunch of metal tubes with windows, and with a large array of solar panels thats a football field wide." she began.

"In my world, we use rockets to get into space. Imagine a massive metal cylinder filled with liquid hyrdrogen and oxygen, sometimes methane. These machines are extremely complicated, and they cost millions, or even billions of dollars to create, and they can propel themselves multiple times the speed of sound and get into orbit around a planet. I wonder if you ponies have invented, or could invent such things." she'd state and smirk a bit. 

"I could give you vague diagrams of such things, it is too complex for me to understand but knowing your magic something even more impressive can be created such as a anti-gravity field or even wormholes." 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"I don't go early to bed every day, but as I said earlier, this has been a draining day." Frail said "Also, you lost me at solar panels, it would probably be easier to list what I did understand." "I don't know if we have any of that stuff, haven't heard of it if we do, all I know is that Luna, or well, Nightmare moon, was banished on the moon for thousand years." she was the wrong pony to talk about all of this stuff, even if some of it may have existed and there may have been ponies who worked with such stuff, she wasn't one of those ponies. The thing about the talent system that there was among ponies was that most ponies didn't know much beyond their talent, why would they? they didn't need that information...until of course your talent was to know about many things, which Frail's wasn't. "I saw the stars release her and that's pretty much all I know about space." "There's this one tinkerer I have seen at the market now and then, I don't know if he knows about that stuff either but he builds all kind of weird machines and if nothing else I'm sure he would be interested to hear about things like rockets and such."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Solar panels are large panels of glass and electronics, that collect energy from the sun's rays that we can use to power our homes and equipment. Banished to the moon? Nightmare Moon? Sounds interesting. I've always been fascinated by the Moon, I'd like to know more about that but that sounds really out there and insane to me but hey, I'm open minded and I have no reason to not believei n what you say." she stated.

"Stars releasing her from the moon? Well, you do know that almost all stars that you see in the sky are much brighter and more luminous than your own sun? Plus, they are larger and hundreds of thousands, or even millions of miles across. That is if your universe is a heliocentric universe, and not a geocentric, or even a concave setup." she nodded and sighed, trying to not get too complicated here for her friend.

"Another possible friend to seek, he sounds interesting. But let me ask a question, you say that cutie marks represent talent, right?" she looked to Frail Spark's and then to her own as they walked to the back door to Frail Spark's yard. "Then does that mean the cutie mark I have on my body here is my 'talent' here now, that I am naturally going to be good at in this world? I'd assume so." she grabbed the back door with her hoof, rather than using magic to open it up. It took her a few seconds of fumbling around, but she opened it up and stepped outside.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"You use words I don't know the meaning of." Frail stated "And I don't want to be a jerk, but if you believe me or not doesn't really matter to me, I, among many others have seen these things happen with our own eyes, your opinion which I don't doubt is based on fact where you come form, it doesn't change what I have seen." the words may have been bit harsh but Frail felt it needed to be said, she was all for hearing how things were in Sparkly's home even if she didn't understand half of it, but constantly having her experiences challenged wasn't a nice feeling, since it was like being told that she was either a liar or insane, neither of which she was.

"Maybe, I don't know how it works when you become someone who already has it, ponies usually gain it after they realize their talent, not vice versa, though considering how quickly you figured out magic, it's possible, since Twilight's talent is magic." 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would scrunch her face up a little bit and sigh at that as if what was just said to her angered her slightly. "Well, I have seen, and also experienced things and that also doesn't change the fact what I have seen with my own eyes on an almost daily basis. I don't know how else I could prove what I say to you. I don't know why you say that, that it doesn't matter what I believe or what I think. That seems like a very unfriendly like sort of thing. It's as if you don't really care about what I think." she sort of glared at Frail Spark, Sparkly wasn't really the type to be put down or talked down to and she was going to make that clear here. She would ignore the topic of magic for now, it seemed she was a bit peeved by what Frail Spark just said. She seemed to realize that she was a little harsh there and just sighed, closing her eyes in sad guilt.

Edited by Starforce Glimmer
  • Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"You did not listen what I said it seems." "To quote myself, '
which I don't doubt is based on fact where you come form'." Frail wasn't one to be manipulated by facial expressions, and while she was direct, her friendly tone or expression didn't change, she was experienced enough with dealing with ponies to let annoyance take over her demeanor "I never said I think what you say isn't true, true in your world that is, this is not your world, this is Equestria." "There's also difference between not caring what somepony thinks, and it not mattering, I am interested on your view of things, but in this specific context, it doesn't matter." "It matters not what stars in your world are, when I and many others have seen them to do something here in Equestria, and regardless of what you think of Nightmare moon and her banishment, it happened." 

"Intentional or not, the way you respond to me telling about events that have taken place here, gives me the impression that you are either accusing me of lying, or are implying that I'm seeing things, neither of which I appreciate." "I may not be educated in matters of space and all physics, but that doesn't make me insane, and the brutal truth is that anything you know from your world, you should consider as possibly false here, hay, you are a talking pony with capability to use magic and fly, something that based on your own words, is not only non-existent in your world, but impossible to exist, so why would you assume that anything else from your world would be the case here?" somehow for the whole time she spoke, Frail kept a calm and friendly demeanor, her tone and expression unchanging the whole time.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly glared to Frail Spark there upon what she said. "I never accused you of lying, no did I imply that you were seeing things. I was just, surprised at that to say the very least. I am sorry if I upset you, but sometimes the way you word things may give me a wrong impression. I don't understand how you speak, nor do I really understand much if at all how things go here or how ponies talk. I am sorry, but I am very confrontational with people should they say things about me that aren't true, or say things about me I don't like." she stated. "If there is one thing I absolutely detest, its when people would talk quietly about me behind my back. One time, I even yelled at them and they shut right up then and there. Not that you are doing that, I just feel like that is important for you to know." she said in a serious, almost hateful tone, not directed at Frail, but at whoever Sparkly was thinking of.

"But what you say there is true. I believe I told you enough about my world, so I think I should learn more about how it goes here and you can ask more about my world but at this point I feel as if I've already said enough. Let's look at the stars, my new...pony friend?" she'd say and brushed her wing against Frail Spark's side as they walked out the back door. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"As this conversation surely showed, you don't need to worry about me talking anything behind your back, when I have a problem with somepony or someone, I will tell it directly to them." she sometimes took bit of pleasure out of it actually, mainly with especially annoying customers, the way they reacted when she was direct with them while keeping up her annoyingly friendly customer service voice was amusing. That voice was quite different from the one she now spoke though, as the way she spoke to Sparkly was genuinely friendly.

Frail closed the door behind them, staying quiet as they made their way outside, she lead them to her nature filled yard, it was well kept but still in very natural state, it didn't have perfect green grass or overly complicated flowerbeds, instead it had trees and various flowers and other plants here and there. Ironically this probably cost more than a stereotypical rich-person lawn since the city was build on a side of a mountain and hadn't such areas naturally.

They would follow a stone path to a small area that from looks of it was some kind of relaxation area, it had small roofed area with seats and table, a spot with chairs for sunbathing and a small, currently empty pool. "Has been a while since I used this area for anything." 

• Brohoof 1