Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Sparkly Situation (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly would take in the sights of the outdoors. She too stayed quiet as they exited into the yard here. The sun was currently setting so Sparkly was still able to see everything of this yard. Sparkly was quite amazed at the yard, the trees and the various areas. She would look over everything in detail. With her purple snoot, she sniffs the cool air. She would have expected to feel colder outside, but due to to the fur on her coat she felt no such chill in the air. At least of the kind that she had expected.

"W-well I see, its a very nice area and its sort of a shame that you have not. But since I'm here, I suppose I can spend some of my days out here with you and enjoy the outdoors. But I have a question, when you need to go to work, will you leave me home alone? Or will I be at your work and accompany you somehow?" she shrugged and sat down on one of the seats and pulled it over so the sky would be visible. Some stars started to come out.

Sparkly patted the spot next to her on the seat. She wanted Frail Spark to sit down next to her. She seemed to be calming down.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"The lack of usage isn't because of lack of company, rather it has been lack of time, I tend to use my free time working." "And I don't need to go to work as much as I decide to, I'm the owner and the boss of my business, and I'm not low on money either as you may have noticed, so I have no obligation to work." Frail pointed out in the usual friendly manner "But to answer, I'm not planning to go to the shop for some days now as I have sold my inventory, I'll need to make more and also go sell the lower quality stuff at the markets." "But when I do I'll leave you here at least in current situation, we can see if you could be some use after you get yourself to a state where you don't need constant help and won't draw the attention of everypony who sees you." she tried to choose as pleasant wording for it as possible, but she also wanted to be honest, in her current state, Sparkly would bring more trouble than benefit, and as kind as Frail was, she didn't want to make her work harder for herself for no reason.

Frail sat down but left a personal space sized gap between them, and since the situation was what it was, she decided to get something out of the way "As I'm aware of the romantic undertones of this type of situation, I ask you refrain from too much physical contact, I understand your feelings but while a hug here and there is aright, we don't know each other well enough for me to be comfortable with prolonged physical contact." they had known each other only for hours after all.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, I can see what you mean for your shop. Its interesting how you are to the point where you don't need to work everyday there. What is the Shop's name? I assume that you sell stuff such as glassware, vases, and windows? Given that you have the ability to melt glass into its molten state. I've never talked to a business owner honestly, I always thought it would be a nerve-racking experience but I can see that is not the case. I have not been the type to go anywhere, I have not talked to a lot of people in my time, honestly." she'd scratch her head somewhat.

She looked to her friend in sad understanding at the mention of physical contact. "I understand how you feel and I will respect your boundaries. But, the thing I have wanted the most in all of my life, in all honesty, is just a good friend to...snuggle with or something of that nature. But, thats okay that you don't want that yet and I will not fault you for that. But I'll have you know, you ponies look like big pillows or marshmallows to me, perfect for snuggling." she'd laugh innocently at that, rolling her eyes slightly.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"It's simply called Frail Spark's Glass, no need for over complicated fancy names." Frail explained "In the shop itself I mainly sell premium glassware and decorations, at the markets I sell less than premium stuff, and I make windows and other bigger projects as orders, since those are rare enough that making them for sake of having them in stock is pointless." Sure there was need for them often enough, Ponyville being under constant attack by different things, but it wasn't like she was the only pony capable of making windows, in fact, there was certainly somepony better, since her talent was more on detailed glass things rather than mass-production "And owning a business is certainly stressful, for some, but I have become successful enough that I'll do fine as long as I don't entirely stop working, when your main customer base is the richest ponies of Equestria, even a single customer can feed you for quite a long while." 

She didn't say anything further regarding the topic of personal space, Sparkly seemed to understand the situation, so she didn't feel the need to add anything. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ah I see. Premium glassware. I don't know much about that really to be entirely honest. Although I hope your customer base is not too hard to deal with. I think that is the worst part about businesses. The ponies you deal with." she said, remembering something Frail Spark said earlier about that. "Are you happy with what you do? I know that, I don't really know what I want to "Do" with my life. At least I have a fresh new start in a wonderful new world, you know." Sparkly giggled happily at that statement. She leaned back, looking up at the stars that started to appear in the night sky.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Starforce Glimmer
"Premium is just a buzzword, it basically means overpriced." Frail explained, she wasn't afraid to admit that she didn't think they were actually worth the money the rich ponies wanted to pay, she was a business mare, if somepony wanted to pay, she wouldn't say no. "In my case, it means things without obvious imperfections." she thought for a moment "Yes, I'd say I'm happy, rich ponies aren't generally the nicest customers to deal with, though there are some exceptions, and while they are my main customer base, dealing with them is actually quite a small part of my work, most of it is making the things I sell, and it being my passion and talent, I'm happy to do it, and going from market to market selling my products is most of the time enjoyable experience too."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well that's very interesting. I'm not sure how markets work and all that but as long as it makes you happy then so be it, live life, be happy, be successful. I was never a fan of rich people in general. Owning all the wealth, and acting like snobs and being entitled to things. To me, everyone is equal no matter their wealth and everyone should be treated fairly and with respect." she stated. "But I suppose with you, basically farming off of them makes you successful too, and you aren't entitled or snobbish either. You are in a perfect spot, be sure to never lose that." Sparkly grinned with a smile.

"You ever look up at the stars, and wonder about them, my friend?"

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"The difference between me and them is that I never tried to become rich, wealth and success was never, and still isn't something I seek, it just kinda happened." "I also avoid all the fancy parties and whatnot as best as I can, I don't like being seen as anything more than anypony else."
Frail explained "And no, I don't wonder about the stars much, I don't really have any specific reason why I don't, I just don't, I have watched them now and then, but it has been always to empty my head rather than think about them." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly sighed in disappointment at her words, but she was going to try her best to get her at least a little interested in the stars. "It must seem simple to you, to just look at the stars. I'll explain what they mean to me. To me, the vastness of the universe is all encompassing. And me traveling here has no doubt proved to me that there is a multiverse, of many realities and dimensions. But at least where I am from, each of those stars you see in the sky are suns. And around those stars, are other worlds. I always ponder what it is like on other worlds, and to visit many vistas that I've only dreamed of." her wings fluttered somewhat at that and she smiled.

"Every step we make, every choice we make diverges upon a multitude of possible paths. The sheer possibilities and complexity can often make one feel small and insignificant. However all of us are unique, special. Just like each star and planet out there." she said with a great fondness in her words. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"I get it, but I don't really need to think about other worlds around stars to feel small." Frail said, she tried to get into it for sake of Sparkly, but she wasn't really the type to know how to think about things like that, she liked to keep things simple "There's beings capable of changing reality without any real effort, magic capable of banishing you into another worlds, and many other things that make normal unicorn like myself feel very much small and insignificant." "If I'm to be fully honest with you, I find myself be more comfortable not thinking about that stuff." maybe it was matter of perspective, when you had seen reality itself break apart more than once, you didn't really like thinking about what other craziness may be out there.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"If you don't wanna think of it that way, then just think of it this way. It is beautiful. Very beautiful to say the least. I used to watch the satellites, metallic machines we put in space go across the sky. Looked like moving stars if anything. But nothing is moving in the stars here, it is still. Calm. Peaceful." she said happily and then took a second to glance over at Frail Spark. Just when the two ponies were looking in a similar area, a green meteor streaked across the sky. "Oh wow! Did you see that?" Sparkly said happily upon seeing it. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"It is question of perspective I guess, to me there's nothing special because I have been staring at the same sky since I was born." Frail noted "That's why something like the release of Nightmare moon and the disappearance of the princesses has stuck in my mind, they were very different from the norm." For the meteor, her reaction was in line with her general reaction to things related to stars "Well that I haven't seen before, they aren't usually green." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly looked to her and smiled at her reaction. "See what I told you? Unexpected things like that happen, and it is beautiful. Your sky may be the same, but you just saw something you had not seen before. I am proud you have seen it." she smirked and looked at the moon as it began to rise, it was bigger, and more white than her own. "Very white moon. My moon has more patches of grey on it. As a matter of fact, it has a face on it, so to speak. Some people see a face on it, and call it the man on the moon."

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer
"It used to be less white." Frail explained "When Nightmare moon was banished there, a shape of her was imprinted on the moon itself, the mare in the moon as we called it." "Many didn't know its origin, Nightmare Moon had became a sort of a legend rather than real pony during the thousand years she was gone, and Celestia didn't understandably holler the real story around, after all, it was her sister, regardless of the corruption." "When Nightmare Moon returned, the imprint disappeared too." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Nightmare Moon, huh? I really like that name to be entirely honest with you. Celestia...fun fact, if I was born a girl, I would have been named Celeste." she smirked widely at that before continuing. "But why was Nightmare Moon up on the moon, for all that time? It seems like your moon itself is magical, like as is everything here. I'm not surprised by that." she leaned back and spread out her wings slightly in relaxation. 

• Brohoof 1

@SuriPolomare
"In short, Luna got envious of her sister, became Nightmare Moon, tried to bring everlasting night, she and Celestia fought, Celestia banished her to the moon." Frail summarized "Why thousand years, no idea, but it seems to be a trend, many of the troubles that Equestria has fazed in last years seem to originate from thousand or so years ago." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Eternal Night sounds pretty good but not good for the wildlife, I imagine. Unless she had some sort of magic spell to deal with that. But the beauty of night is in balance with the day, since if it's out all the time, it begins to lose its beauty, just like the day. But I can understand why she would be envious, since the Sun is the brightest star in the sky, as well as the brightest object in the sky that ponies will see."

• Brohoof 1

@SuriPolomare
"The history books say it was more because ponies sleep at night and thus don't enjoy the night like they do the day, and Celestia was without question the more popular princess, still is, mostly due to her duties having bigger effect on most ponies." Frail explained "Though since Luna takes care of the dream world and has been lot more active there since the banishment ended, she has started getting more  recognition, there's also those who just like the night more, like Lunar for example, or most bat ponies." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I have always liked the night more because it's far more quiet, and peaceful. It is also host to the moon, planets and millions of suns. It's unfair how the ponies don't enjoy the night, and I understand why Nightmare Moon or Luna did what she did, and why she did it. I probably would have supported her, just for the hell of it. I have a feeling that Lunar and I will get along quite well due to that." she said with a happy, small grin across her face.

• Brohoof 1

@SuriPolomare
"Don't forget she was evil." Frail reminded "She was a tyrant, and we don't like tyrants, no matter what time of day they represent." "There's also a reason why Nightmare is part of her name, she literally gave everypony nightmares, being in control of the dream world and all that." "And don't get too excited, Lunar likes the night more, but she still isn't as passionate about it as you are, she just likes the coolness and darkness over the hot and bright sun." ".....and she may have a some kind of connection to the moon but that's not really something even she knows much about for sure." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly rose an eyebrow and seemed to glare slightly. "There is no good, there is no evil. Everyone has their reasons for why they do what they do, whether you like it or not. Everyone is a product of their life experiences and situations with others, and how they react to that is forged from how they react. So many just say "oh this one is evil" without understanding why they act that way, why they do what they do, what caused them to be that way, the more you look into someone's personality, the more you understand them without generalized barriers and that understanding creates a better relationship between you and that person, or just understanding in general so you can be prepared and see the signs." 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Nah, she was evil." Frail stated "Luna was taken over by evil force, like the pony of Shadows before her, and like king Sombra, the force itself changes, for Sombra it was dark magic, for pony of shadows it was darkness, for Nightmare moon it was, well, nightmare, but all of them, without a question, evil." "Lord Tirek wanted our magic to get more powerful, Storm king wanted the princesses' magic to get more powerful, Discord saw us ponies as nothing more than toys to play with, our suffering was entertainment to him, I'd say that's pretty evil, but each for their own I guess." "Queen Chrysalis, while her ways were without question evil, wasn't necessarily evil herself, just very misguided." "Trixie too was mainly misguided, she still isn't pleasant to be around necessarily, but I wouldn't call her evil." 

"And you don't need to speak to me about understanding and such, our most powerful defenses against threats is love and friendship, me offering you my house without any question should be evidence enough that I'm not the type to assume anything about anypony, but if somepony or someone puts a collar and a muzzle on me and forces me to do stuff against my will, my opinion on them will not be high, and I don't feel bad that we didn't reform them." she was talking about Storm king specifically with the last part, not that the exact target was relevant for the point. Her voice, as usual, was calm and friendly.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I have no real context as to those characters you have described. For me to really come to a true conclusion, it is something I'll have to see for myself. Not that I don't believe you, it is just that for me actually seeing and experiencing events is validation. It seems as though your moralities here are rather extreme. Your kind seems to pride itself in love, friendship, and tolerance. Where I am from it is a far more morally grey mess. There is often debate over actions individuals that have been taken hundreds, or thousands of years ago. There is very rarely an objective fact on where people lay, and who they truly are." Sparkly said, looking deeply into Frail Spark's eyes.

"But the fact of the matter is, whether someone's actions are horrible or not, everyone is born innocent and their ways are tempered by their experiences. Often, we never get the chance to choose our experiences. But, if what you say is true here, then I will accept it." she said humbly. "And you will find that I am very much into the concept known as "Free will", and everyone chooses their paths and they are responsible for the consequences." 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Part of the reason why morality is quite strong here is because it is literally power." Frail explained "I haven't looked into it much so I'm no expert, but the magic of Love and Friendship are the two of the most powerful forces in Equestria, while something like Dark magic feeds on, and thus gets its power from hatred, anger and such." "The changelings used to feed on love, the Sirens fed on negative emotions and the Windigos got their power from the hatred and division between the three pony races." "Without friendship you would have arrived into a frozen wasteland." she didn't meet Sparkly's gaze, as she was looking at the sky still "And honestly, with all the attacks we constantly experience, without friendship and such, we would be pretty doomed just due to the mental toll it takes." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

She rose an eyebrow and sighed. "Well I am thankful there is lots of friendship and love. On their own they are very good and important things, I'm not entirely sure what to think of that but I am definitely sure there is a mental toll that it has taken on everyone here. But, the power of friendship must be enough to overcome that. It is better to feel love and compassion, rather than hate and negativity by far. I am thankful we are friends. Perhaps our friendship might be enough to make a difference in this world." she said, and brought her hoof and gently booped Frail Spark's nose. "B-boop?" she laughed quietly. 

• Brohoof 1