Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 Toys Shown to Have Cutie Marks

Misty Shadow

Once again, it seems the plot has been semi-spoiled by an upcoming toy line.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2021/04/g5-my-little-pony-plushies-revealed.html

Plushies of G5 characters will have cutie marks on both sides and even have the G4 logo for the tags. This has effectively thrown any "the world of G5 doesn't actually have magic to be restored and G4's just a show inside G5" theories out the window.  

• Brohoof 1

I came across these photos not too long ago while searching for potentially new G5 news. These plushies are absolutely atrocious. In regards to the cutie marks, though, they don’t look that interesting. I can give a decent guess as to what their special talents are.

Way to be original with the lighting bolt on the Rainbow Dash copy, too. 👌 

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

I came across these photos not too long ago while searching for potentially new G5 news. These plushies are absolutely atrocious. In regards to the cutie marks, though, they don’t look that interesting. I can give a decent guess as to what their special talents are.

Love that stone-cold, brutal honesty. :sassy: 

I think they look okay, but I wouldn't actually buy one for myself. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

really don't like the eyes. :( Aside from that, they look... okay, I guess. :lie:

I'm glad the cutie marks are on both sides like they should be because that was really confusing me as to why there'd be on just one. :adorkable:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

really don't like the eyes. :( Aside from that, they look... okay, I guess. :lie:

I'm glad the cutie marks are on both sides like they should be because that was really confusing me as to why there'd be on just one. :adorkable:

Somepony get an eye doctor to fix that:yeahno:  

• Brohoof 1

They look meh but i'm sure the kiddos will like them. 

Reminds me of a tepig pokemon pen I had but in that case the style suited the round pig and it wasn't a proper plush but a pen topper. 

Or perhaps a mcdonalds toy. Except costing a lot more lol

As for the cutie mark for zipp yea a lil samey like more lightning again? Is dis a dash clone lol (or firefly) Still the colours are cool I suppose

Edited by flurry

how are they going to display cutie marks on fluffy 3d cgi ponies?

different colored fur to create a fur pattern?

or is the cutie mark just going to look like its made from smooth plastic?

the plushies are made from real world plushy materials

we're talking magic destiny symbols in a show with magical colorful horsies

Edited by Sparkly sparks

On 2021-04-09 at 8:25 AM, The Wife of Hawks said:

On 2021-04-09 at 4:48 PM, ExplosionMare said:

I’ve seen Izzy’s already but this is my first time seeing the rest of them. Wonder why one of them looks like Rainbow Dash’s Cutie Mark.

On 2021-04-12 at 3:37 PM, flurry said:

They look meh but i'm sure the kiddos will like them. 

Reminds me of a tepig pokemon pen I had but in that case the style suited the round pig and it wasn't a proper plush but a pen topper. 

Or perhaps a mcdonalds toy. Except costing a lot more lol

As for the cutie mark for zipp yea a lil samey like more lightning again? Is dis a dash clone lol (or firefly) Still the colours are cool I suppose

about zipp's cutie mark

I think it's a lightning bolt symbol because she likes speed or is good at flying really fast and that's just how high speed is often depicted (because lightning is very fast)

rainbow dash is a weather pony with a need for speed (hence the cloud with a lightning bolt)

so i think zipp is probably gonna be a princess with a need for speed (there's even a little crown above her lightning bolt to show that she's royalty)

(pipp also has a crown in her cutie mark for this)

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

:huh: I'm confused. Why WOULD'NT they have cutie marks?

Oh they didn't seem to have them in the image previews so something about them dissapearing

2 hours ago, Sparkly sparks said:

about zipp's cutie mark

I think it's a lightning bolt symbol because she likes speed or is good at flying really fast and that's just how high speed is often depicted (because lightning is very fast)

rainbow dash is a weather pony with a need for speed (hence the cloud with a lightning bolt)

so i think zipp is probably gonna be a princess with a need for speed (there's even a little crown above her lightning bolt to show that she's royalty)

(pipp also has a crown in her cutie mark for this)

Tru but suspiciously like rainbow dash xP especially with the other aspects included (without the princessy stuff) , but does raise the question if something like the wonderbolts still exists

Still I would have prefered a pony with a little more different cutie mark like the rest of the pones but the crown adds a bit more uniqueness

And I can see they used rainbow dash as a base for sure especially with the leaked art showing rd with rainbow wings and a haircut cut. still otherwise I do like the colours but I wish idk the lighting bolt could be changed at least a lil more in shape idk

• Brohoof 1