Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure Elements of Equestria: Chapter 18

DivineMist1000

IMG_0960.thumb.JPG.fe882330485b06f6a8d6737dfba5236e.JPG

Chapter 18: Once and For All

At first, Lee heard nothing in his mind and all was dark around him, believing that he had perished. Lee felt himself floating through the endless darkness and the feeling of hopelessness started to engulf him. Just as Lee felt the darkness set in and close his eyes, he heard the sound of his heart beating as he heard somepony calling his name.

His heartbeat became more rapid as he continued hearing his name and he looked up from the void and saw a beam of light shining down on him. Lee then got up as he saw the light and ran to it, telling himself that he wasn't done yet.

"No! This isn't the end! I won't let it end like this!"

Just as Lee reached the light, everything around him turned to white and he started hearing the sounds of thunder and somepony calling his name again.

Lee finally opened his eyes and removed his hooves from his face to see something incredible: Celestia and Luna standing in front of him, who were blocking the ball of magic that Storm cast at him with their own magic.

"C-Celestia, Luna..."

Celestia and Luna finally managed to deflect Storm's magic and sent it to the skies. They both then retaliated and blasted Storm with twice the magic, which blew her off of her feet and sent to her flying into the nearby wall, which made debris land on her and pin her to the ground.

After making sure that Storm was dealt with, Luna helped Lee onto his feet and he looked around in confusion at first. Luna shook him a little to get his attention.

"Lee... Lee, are you okay?"

"Luna... y-you're both here."

Celestia and Luna both nodded to Lee's words and hugged him tightly, relieved that he was okay. Celestia patted Lee on the back as she and Luna stayed alert for Storm.

"Of course we are! No way we would leave our friends behind and besides... we promised to bring you back home safely! Now quickly, go and get Tempest before Storm gets up and get out of here! We'll handle this!"

Lee did as Celestia said and got up and went over to where Tempest was and saw that she was still unconscious. Lee quickly went to Tempest's side and held her in his hooves as he tried to shake her awake.

"Tempest... Tempest, wake up! It's Lee... please wake up."

At first, Tempest coughed a bit before she opened her eyes and looked at Lee smiling weakly. Lee smiled happily back at Tempest and hugged her tightly.

"L-Lee... Oh Lee, my love. A-Are you okay? Where's Storm?"

Tempest got up, but felt a lot of pain inside as Lee helped by supporting her.

"Don't worry, Tempest! Celestia and Luna got us covered, but we should get out of here now!"

Lee held Tempest's hoof as he tried to lead her away from the field, but Tempest looked behind her as looked in the direction of where Celestia and Luna were and stopped in her tracks, which also made Lee stop.

"Tempest, what are you doing? We have to go!" Lee asked.

"Lee, I can't just leave and I won't let this continue... not any longer. Storm is here because of me... This is my mistake and I'll be the one to accept the responsibility for her actions."

Tempest quickly kissed Lee on his cheek and let go of Lee's hoof as she ran back towards to where Celestia and Luna were, with Lee trailing behind Tempest as he went after her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Storm opened her eyes and looked around at the rubble keeping her from getting up. Storm recovered from her injuries and blasted the debris surrounding her away with her magic.

As she stepped back out onto the field, Storm looked in disbelief at who her new opponents were and who protected Lee from her spell: The Princesses of Equestria.

"Well well, what do we have here?" Storm smiled menacingly at Celestia and Luna, but the Sisters prepared themselves for another attack.

Just then, however, Storm heard Tempest yelling her name and saw both Tempest and Lee approach and stand next to Celestia and Luna. Storm looked over at Lee and saw him conversing with Celestia and Luna and Storm smiled again.

"How honored you must feel to have the Princesses of Equestria come to your aid, Lee! Is there nopony you can't win over?!"

Lee glared angrily at Storm and tried to rush at her, but Tempest blocked Lee's path and looked back at him as she smiled.

"Lee... you've done enough. We'll take it from here..."

"Not a chance, Tempest! You and Celestia and Luna... are my friends and I'm not gonna sit by and let her hurt any of you! We're in this together now and together... nothing can stop us!"

All three ponies looked at Lee with surprise at how confident he was feeling, but all nodded in agreement to how much stronger he had gotten now.

"He's right... he's right! Together..." 

Celestia extended her hoof to the others and Lee, Luna and Tempest all brought their hooves in together. All four looked at each other and they all nodded together as they turned to face Storm, who was in shock at what she was seeing, but was nonetheless ready for them.

All at once, all four ponies shouted in the direction of Storm:

"TOGETHER!!!"

All four ponies rushed at Storm, but Storm smiled again as she stretched her neck and readied her magic. 

"Send as many as you want... YOU WON'T STOP ME!!!"

Storm then ran towards them herself and all ponies were prepared to collide.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tempest was the first to strike and sent a strong wave of magic across the ground, which caused the ground to be uprooted and slammed it into Storm, but Storm blasted the ground apart and sent a fire spell towards Tempest. Before it reached her, however, Luna flew up and blocked the spell before it hit Tempest.

Luna and Tempest nodded to each other and Luna flew towards Storm and dragged a beam of magic across the ground at Storm. Luna weaved through the air as she dodged Storm's magic before Luna managed to strike Storm with own magic and sent her flying backwards. Storm groaned in pain before standing back up as Luna landed right next to Storm. 

Both ponies then rushed at each other and Storm decided to converse with Luna as their heads clashed.

"It's an honor to meet you, Princess Luna!"

Luna ignored Storm's words and tried swiping at her with her wings to try and trip her up, but Storm did the same with her armored wings. Luna managed to get a hit in, but this only made Storm angry and she pushed Luna back with a powerful wing attack. Storm finally got the upper hand as she blasted Luna off in the distance.

"NO!!! LUNA!!"

Celestia looked in horror as she saw Luna get blasted back and saw that she was unable to stand now, but Celestia continued running towards Storm nonetheless.

"Oh, are you next Princess Celestia? Come then!"

Storm taunted Celestia by sticking her hoof out and egging her on. Celestia remained unfazed by this though and sent a powerful beam of magic at Storm, which managed to toss Storm back and was slammed through several trees.

"You hurt Luna, you hurt Lee and Tempest and now... you've hurt me because of that. Prepare yourself Storm, because I won't hold back!"

Celestia picked up three full grown trees with her magic and split them all in two before she tossed the halves at Storm. Storm got hit by a couple of the trees and fell to the ground in pain. As Celestia got closer, Storm stood back up and dodged her attacks and went back towards Celestia, but Celestia remained on guard for her.

"You're very strong, Your Highness... but you won't get in my way either! NOPONY WILL!!"

Storm sent a ray of magic to the skies and the once calm blue skies were covered in dark clouds, bring in thunder and lightning with it. Storm summoned the clouds closer to her and Celestia looked as countless bolts of lightning rained from the sky.

Celestia took off from the ground and managed to dodge much of the lightning and continued fighting Storm, but Storm soon joined her in the air and let a bunch of the lightning surround her like a shield. After a bit of building up the power, Storm unleashed a shockwave of electricity at Celestia, which made her scream in pain as the electricity went through her.

Storm took this opportunity to strike Celestia multiple times with both magic and kicks before spinning her around rapidly and throwing her back towards the ground. Celestia landed close to Luna and her impact created a small crater and she fell to her knees in pain, unable to continue fighting.

"Hmph! Not even the Princesses are a match for my power... Tempest, you won't escape this time! This time... WE END THIS!!"

Lee and Tempest quickly went over to where Celestia and Luna were. They were both still moving slightly, but Tempest knew that they couldn't do anything for them right now.

"They'll be fine, Lee! We have to deal with Storm first!"

"Yeah... yeah you're right! We'll stop her together!"

Storm saw Lee and Tempest run towards her and an evil smile ran across her face now, knowing that Tempest was powerless against her now.

"Here we are again, Tempest! What do you say we finish this once and for all?"

"Gladly!! I am stopping this... WE are stopping this... RIGHT NOW!!"

Tempest and Lee ran towards Storm and they hatched a plan together: Tempest jumped up on Lee's back and he launched her into the air, which caught Storm off guard as she looked in the sky for Tempest. Lee tackled Storm just as she looked back and threw her across the field, with Tempest then appearing beside Storm and striking her with magic.

Lee and Tempest hoof bumped on another as they smiled at each other. They both ran back at Storm, but saw that she was preparing another large ball of energy and they spilt up as they tried to flank her.

"Fools all of you!! That's the problem with "friendships" and "relationships": You're so... predictable!"

Tempest looked in horror as she saw Storm smile and then face Lee with her magic and rushed over to him.

"LEE!! Lee, look out!!!"

Lee looked over at Tempest for a second, but saw Storm as she prepared to release her magic at him again. Lee backed up quickly as Storm continued walking toward him.

"NO NO NO!! Not again... I won't let her hurt him... NOT AGAIN!!"

Tempest yelled for Lee as she continued running towards him. Lee saw Storm finally release her magic and shielded his face again, but the next thing he heard however was the sound of somepony else screaming.

Lee opened his eyes again and saw a smoking trail of upturned terrain and the trail led back to a badly injured Tempest lying in a pile along with Celestia and Luna.

"T-Tempest! TEMPEST!!! NOOOOO!!!"

Storm started walking back to where Tempest and the Sisters were, but Lee rushed up from behind her. Lee stood in front of Storm with his wings and his hooves spread out protectively.

Desperately, Lee tried to stop Storm from going forward by trying to push her back.

"Stop... please just stop!! You've done enough to hurt her... Please stop this, I beg you!!"

Storm simply pushed Lee to the ground and continued walking, but Lee got up again and jumped on top of Storm to try and stop her from moving, but Storm screamed as she unleashed another shockwave of electricity to throw Lee off of her. Lee screamed from the pain and Storm looked at him one more time.

"I... I must... It's the only way..."

Tempest, Celestia and Luna all looked up at Storm standing before them with anger, but Tempest saw that Storm had tears in her eyes now.

"Is... Is this really what you want? Is it?" Tempest continued looking at Storm with anger as she asked the question.

Storm held her head in pain as she fought with herself about what she was doing, but still faced Tempest with her magic at full strength.

"Goodbye... Tempest Shadow."

Lee looked up from where he was laying and saw Storm next to Tempest and the Sisters, who was preparing the biggest ray of magic seen yet. Despite his pain, Lee crawled towards Storm and looked as Storm was prepared to finish them, with all three ponies closing their eyes.

"NO! NOOOO!!! TEMPEST!!!! CELESTIA!!! LUNA!!!"

Lee screamed in pain again as he tried desperately to stand up. Once he finally managed to find the strength to stand, Lee ran as quickly as he could towards Tempest and the Sisters.

Just as the magic escaped Storm's horn, Lee pushed the three ponies back with a strong kick and jumped in front of the beam and took the full impact of the magic. Once again, the energy made Lee scream in relentless pain and felt as the electricity went inside him.

This time, however, Lee opened his eyes as the energy surrounded him and looked in fury at Storm, with Storm stunned at what was happening.

"Y-You... You will not... hurt... my friends!"

The energy surged through his entire body and felt the power inside of him fully now. As it continued, one of his wings started getting torn apart from the surge, but then the power of the electricity made his eyes glow blue.

Storm looked at Lee in disbelief as the electricity swirled around him and he continued focusing on her.

"W-What?! What is this? How are you-"

The surge of electricity finally stopped and Lee remained floating in mid-air as his entire body had lightning bolts running through it.

"YOU... WILL NOT HURT... MY FRIENDS!!!"

Lee screamed to the heavens as he unleashed a large explosion of electricity from inside, which made Storm get thrown off of her feet and slide into the trees. Lee started breathing heavily as he looked at himself and his newfound power, but he still felt the power inside of him and it no longer hurt him either.

"What... was that? How did I do that?"

Tempest and the Sisters all looked at Lee with awestruck looks on their faces due to his new abilities, but he still smiled at them nonetheless. Lee helped them up and all three hugged Lee tightly, which he happily returned.

"Thank goodness you guys are okay..."

Lee looked behind him though, when he heard a rumble coming from the trees. Storm came out of the trees and Tempest saw how injured Storm was as she limped back towards the four of them.

"Gah!!! How? How can you have this power?! No, I will not let it end like this!! I've come too far, lost too much!!"

In a final act of defiance, Storm sent another beam of magic aimed at Lee, but Tempest stepped in front of Lee and blocked it with her own beam of magic and both streams of magic collided in the middle, with sparks and flares spitting out and a ball of white light separating them.

Both ponies were evenly matched at first, but Tempest started losing her balance due to her injuries and the white light moved closer to Tempest. Storm smiled as she got closer and Tempest feared to she wouldn't be strong enough to match Storm.

Tempest closed her eyes as Storm's magic came closer and closer, but then she saw Lee walk up beside her and helped her redirect the flow of magic with his new power. Lee and Tempest smiled at each other as they stood together and tears appeared in Tempest's eyes.

"Lee, whatever happens right now... I love you."

"I love you too, Tempest!"

Storm looked in disbelief as the beam of magic was going back towards her now, but she screamed again as she refused to give up and pushed herself harder.

Lee and Tempest continued to fight, but it was still too much for them to handle as the magic was coming quickly at the two of them. Lee and Tempest held each other's hoof and smiled one more time at each other.

Just then, however, Lee and Tempest felt their strength return as they saw Celestia and Luna on either side of the two of them.

"We... are in this together, right Lee?" Celestia smiled at Lee and Tempest and they both smiled back.

Celestia and Luna lit up their horns and combined their magic with Tempest's and Lee's and the combinations of magic made the beam of magic swirl with color. Just as the beam of magic was about to impact the four of them, Lee, Tempest, Celestia and Luna all yelled together and sent their combined magic flying quickly back at Storm.

"No! NOOOO!!! It's not possible!!!"

The combined magic impacted Storm and the force of the magic shattered Storm's artificial horn to pieces and destroyed the metal armor around her wings. Storm was blasted across the plains and screamed as she flew into the distance.

All went quiet after that...

A/N: At long last, Storm has been defeated but what will become of her now? The final chapter is next!

Edited by DivineQueen1000
  • Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, LyraLover said:

I think it's pretty cool how he went from being basically the most ordinary pony possible, to now being able to harness electricity from within.

There is a reason he can do it, but I'm saving it for a possible sequel!