Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Most underrated classic Disney song?

ggg-2

I know this is quite well-known but I wish I saw ‘I’ll Make a Man Out Of You’ or 'Look Through My Eyes' in more of people’s collections. :coco:

'Look Through My Eyes' always sounded like an MLP song to me. :wub:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

"Transformation" from Brother Bear, where the main character is turned into a bear by spirits.  If there was a movie where :wau:Trixie Lulamoon is a Jedi facing an evil girl in a lightsaber fight, I would watch it on the :Pharynx:edge of my seat to see which of the two would be :fabulous:turned into a bear by those spirits:wacko:  

Boy that's a good question. I am such a Disney dork, that any song I hear. Animated or Live Action I don't really consider it underrated. But I'll give it a shot.

3 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

"Transformation" from Brother Bear, where the main character is turned into a bear by spirits.  If there was a movie where :wau:Trixie Lulamoon is a Jedi facing an evil girl in a lightsaber fight, I would watch it on the :Pharynx:edge of my seat to see which of the two would be :fabulous:turned into a bear by those spirits:wacko:  

Boy did I watch that film on DVD many times in a single year, but I haven't really put it in since High school. I like the bonus feature that translated the lyrics. "Everything will become clear to you when you see things through another's eyes.

I consider Enchanted with Amy Adams to be an underrated affectionate parody of Disney Princess films. the song So Close was such a melancholy song as the "Disney Princess" Gisselle

Spoiler

started to realize she's falling in love with her New York caretaker, Robert Phillip over these past few days when she thought her true love and happy ending was with Prince Edward. She was understandably conflicted that it made total sense why she fell for the evil hag's trick to bite a Magic Apple and forget all about her experiences in New York. In the end when Prince Edward's kiss wouldn't awake her and time was running out, both Prince Edward and Robert Phillip's girlfriend Nancy encouraged Robert to kiss Gisselle and save her. Goes to show sometimes the happy ending you seek isn't what you expected at first. But it would be yours.

And it's especially impressive to anyone who saw World of Color at California Adventure to see this song being used as the emotional low point of the whole show before it starts to lead into a uplifting closing version of the show's main theme!

Underrated songs... There’re probably a lot I won’t be able to think of for exactly that reason. Either way, I’d say “Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride” is pretty underrated. Maybe doesn’t count as classic, though. 

Appreciate the Lady (Fox and the Hound), Let Me Be Good to You (Great Mouse Detective), Call Me A Princess (unreleased, Aladdin). Some really nice gems here, and the lattermost is prime Ashman/Menken.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Zero to Hero. I loved Hercules when I was a kid, I need to rewatch it sometime.

Also Two Worlds, One Family from Tarzan. I need to rewatch that too, time for a Disney binge.

Edited by Sonic Shimmer
  • Brohoof 1