Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Poll: Are you more of a single player or multiplayer guy when it comes to video games?

Chadbacca

Are you more of a single player or multiplayer guy when it comes to video games?  

42 users have voted

1. 1. Are you more of a single player or multiplayer guy when it comes to video games?

• Single Player
    • Multiplayer

Definitely single player. 

While I do enjoy playing Minecraft with friends, played few MMOs in the past as well as few cooperative games I am just... not the competitive player, which makes me uncomfortable competing against people who often are simply better than me. I have nothing against losing, but I don't like dragging other players down with my own lack of skill.

That and immersion and story matter a lot to me. Hard to pay proper attention to them with other players all around You :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I'd say I'm a multiplayer person. My top two favorite games are both coop games: Terraria, Don't Starve. I love singleplayer games on occasion, games like Deltarune, The Binding of Isaac, maybe some Skyrim. I just find doing something with another person more enjoyable, so my game preferences revolve around having friends to play them with.

Definitely more of a single player guy. I play multiplayer games when I'm in the mood for it, but it's generally not that often. I guess I've kind of gotten sick of dealing with asshole players online.

• Brohoof 2

I’d say I’ve always leaned more towards single player games. I do play Overwatch a lot and occasionally games like OpenTTD, Minecraft and Roblox with friends but outside of that I usually just play a lot of single player games. Kind of helps that I’m more of a retro/indie gamer in general.

• Brohoof 1

Single Player, definitely. I've had bad experiences with online multiplayer these days, cause the majority are either people who take it WAAAAY too seriously, people who cheat, or people who bail the second they might lose.  

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

Definitely single player. Oh! I'm surprised most people voted for single player as well, didn't expect that. :)

It's not that I never wanted to try multiplayer in real life and I had some chances to do so. But the other kids and teens here were always as busy as adults, there was basically never time for things like that. :coco: But I really learned to appreciate single player games, especially after trying online games. Everything goes at my own pace. :wub: Having multiplayer achievements in games or if my goal is to catch all Pokémon (with one episode), that's... Well, it sucks.

Online games are super chaotic. It can be super nice, but also very frustrating. Rarely I meet very thoughtful and respectful players and it's such a huge joy when it happens! :kindness: But most of the time it's not happening, haha. A good example is Splatoon 2. In most of my matches 1 or 2 players of my team just stay around. It's a 4 versus 4 game, so it's pretty much a death sentence for me. I believe this is because they are friends playing together, you aren't necessarily in the same team here. When the friends are in the other team, they simply don't do anything at all to help their friends in the other team. Or maybe they play alone without friends and it doesn't matter to them if they win, since they receive points even when losing, they probably just leave the console and do other things. Online isn't fun when only 2 out of 10 matches work normally. Some players may have internet problems and disconnect. In some other Nintendo games this would end a session completely. In a game that is very long with many levels, this is super frustrating. Like playing 1 - 2 hours for nothing. It is bad game design. But then again, even in games that work, you have to deal with all kinds of players and trolls... :( At least these things don't matter in games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. But there are still cheaters... Just the possibility of meeting one cheater makes the whole online experience obsolete for me. Yeah, online is really almost no fun, unfortunately. It's better to find friends for this - not that I have them. :coco: I just unlock the stuff I need if multiplayer is required and never touch it ever again.

And don't get me started on the nicknames other players give their Pokémon...

But at least it led to some awesome moments as well! I won matches alone versus a 4-player team in Splatoon 2. And the same happened in StarCraft II! My comrades lost all hope and thought we would lose and they all left - but I continued. And alone I destroyed one player after the other and won! That was probably the most thrilling online experience I've ever made! :ticking: And in the same game I made one friend from spain, he was sooo nice!! :kindness: He always wrote "jajaja"! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

I'm a lot more into single-player games now since most indie horror games I like only work as single player. However, I like to compete in games with friends on occasion. Wish there were more teamwork games though since seeing the same person win over and over again gets annoying.

• Brohoof 1

Depends who I'm playing with, like I play Mario Party and a few others a lot with my bestie, but there's also some games I prefer to play alone.

So I guess I'm both.

• Brohoof 1

It's hard to decide. Most of the games I like are single player, but I also really love a good co-op game, especially one that gives plenty of opportunities for screwing around and doing dumb shit. That's one of the reasons I didn't stop playing Forza Horizon 4 after the first 100 hours - doing Forzathon events in crazy painted cars or really dumb vehicles (i.e. the Unimog) is always a good time.

• Brohoof 1