Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happened to Celestia’s mane?

Moondrop

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I love it when I was younger and now I still love it

In the First episode, Celestia, before nightmare moon, (let’s just Call it the NMB, nightmare moon banishment) she had pink colored hair. Obviously, now she has rainbow. According to lullaby for a princess animation, she obtained rainbow hair right after banishing nightmare moon. So what does this mean? Or was Celestia born with rainbow hair?

954B0C7C-A6F4-4685-8D18-4D8494E0F07B.png

6E20A0FC-044D-4E77-9CF4-C7136838293C.png

• Brohoof 2

I think Princess Celestia has always had rainbow hair.

A fan made animation called SnowDrop changed her hair to pink (search on youtube to watch it). That's the first time I saw it. It was a cool concept, but I don't think it is an official thing.

Hey, welcome to the herd, @Dawn Glow!! I've had it in my head that she was pink maned in canon too- My theory is that the use of the Elements of Harmony caused some color bleed/power transference or something, and their influence gave her the colors of the aurora. It is admittedly my own headcanon tho, and nothing proven.

I like Pinklestia, I think she's cute. :sunbutt:

Edited by Wonko_the_Sane

That was basically a storybook and apparently it got the details wrong. In the flag she has a blue main:

61exj56cTgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

She's never had a pink mane in canon. We would have loved if it had turned pink when she lost her alicorn powers.

I always thought that Celestia's mane changed to a Rainbow/Aurora color scheme when she gained her power to control the sun. In the first episode of MLP, once they defeated Nightmare Moon. Princess Luna's mane was completely different from the one we know now, it didn't have the flowing night star color scheme and such.

286?cb=20130810084859

But once she came back during the 1st Nightmare Night episode, her hair was changed to the flowing mane that we're used to now. So I would assume that the Celestia and Luna's manes are more than likely connected to their powers to rise and lower the sun/moon? Who knows the real reason? But that's pretty much just a silly head canon of mine, but I think it would be a very good explanation as for why their manes are different.

548?cb=20150422172452

I did not include my theory sooo here you go.

warning...you are now entering headcanon territory -:eager:

luna & Celestia’s both were born with a basic-one colored mane that didn’t flow. But when Celestia used the elements of harmony right before nmb, her powers strengthened (partially because she needed power to raise the sun AND moon)

when Luna got her mane, first seen is s2 episode Nightmare Night, is a mystery to me, maybe it’s because she resumed her duties?? Idk, but...that’s my theory  

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I'll have to watch the first episode again. This is quite an interesting find! :o

Eek! Looking back at that, I hope that didn’t sound sassy...:pistachio:eeeeeeek

On 2021-04-13 at 8:27 PM, Fluttershutter said:

That was basically a storybook and apparently it got the details wrong. In the flag she has a blue main:

61exj56cTgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

She's never had a pink main in canon. We would have loved if it had turned pink when she lost her alicorn powers.

I’m a little confused...Are you by chance talking about Luna?

There are a few theories....

1. Her Hair Was Never Pink... (Possible)

2. It Changed When She Became A Alicorn... (Unlikely)

3. It Changed When She Obtained A Certain Level Of Magical Control. (Most Likely)

Honestly... There's A Solid Argument Against All Of These Theories.

1. Canon Story Board Photos Shows That It Was Pink At Some Point.

2. She Was Shown With Pink Hair While Being An Alicorn.

3. Why Hasn't Twilight Hair Changed In Anyway? She's On Par Or Stronger Than Celestia, Luna, And Cadance.

I Still Think The Most Likely Theory Is Number 3 Because Power Doesn't Necessarily Equal Control... Could Be Something Special With Celestia... So On So On... A Lot Of Nuances.

I never noticed Celestia had pink hair in the storybook, weird :huh:

Maybe it's tied to their age? I wanna say it's that because when they were young they had standard manes and when they got older, they finally got their current flowing ones. Notice Twilight also got a flowing mane when she became older in the far future/final ep + Luna didn't get her flowing one until she was noticeably taller/older. Alicorns seem to go through a lot of design changes over time lol.