Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applegeeks YouTube videos got blocked

snapart

I've seen some of you enjoy Applegeek's reactions as much as I do. Unfortunately I discovered it only a few weeks ago (and unfortunately there are reactions only from a later season) and now I'm at the final season. Almost all videos from the last season are blocked - worldwide (did a lot of research and tried VPN and other ideas). Has anyone of you found the videos somewhere else or maybe saved them yourself? I have watched the show so many times by now and his comments and additions make me feel like I get to see everything all over again.

Ah yes, the stupid worldwide block...plaguing content creators since the beginning of YouTube. I really like Applegeek and it's a crime shame an AI operated system affected the whole thing. I unfortunately don't know where else he hosts his videos...

Thanks for the replies, I think it's a real shame that such great videos are blocked.

For example, the video of the first two episodes are blocked in my country according to YouTube. After a bit of research, I found out that they are no longer available anywhere.

Here is the link: 

That is blocked for me as well.

It seems to be Hasbro doing a thing again! They did this back in 2013 to older generations of MLP, when the new generation was going strong. Maybe they are planning on releasing Season 9 on Netflix? (yea right).

I am sure Applegeek will get them back working, since he put a lot of work into them. About half the videos are him talking, and that isn't copyright Hasbro, I am sure!

• Brohoof 1

I so hope you are right and I will try to wait patiently until the time comes. Since his last video is generally already a few months ago and his Twitter activities are also only low, I'm just afraid that the effort for the re-upload of these videos is very high. 

5 minutes ago, Splashee said:

About half the videos are him talking, and that isn't copyright Hasbro, I am sure!

It would be completely and totally crappy on Hasbro's part if they blocked Applegeek's vids even if he was just talking about mlp...

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

One of the reasons I grabbed offline copies; FluffyVixen also had quite a few of hers taken down.

Yeah, wish I would have found him sooner. I grabbed offline copies from MLP:FiM, just to be sure. Are u saying u have offline copies of Applegeeks Reactions too? :Daydreaming:

9 minutes ago, snapart said:

Yeah, wish I would have found him sooner. I grabbed offline copies from MLP:FiM, just to be sure. Are u saying u have offline copies of Applegeeks Reactions too? :Daydreaming:

Not a complete set, but I have a fair few.

1 minute ago, CypherHoof said:

Not a complete set, but I have a fair few.

Should you have even a single episode of last season that is now blocked, I couldn't express how much it would mean to me to be able to watch it. :o

2 minutes ago, snapart said:

Should you have even a single episode of last season that is now blocked, I couldn't express how much it would mean to me to be able to watch it. :o

Not sure how I would get them to you though. I think I am only missing one or two of S9

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, CypherHoof said:

Not sure how I would get them to you though. I think I am only missing one or two of S9

I can give u a dropbox/onedrive or whatever link. And even If I have to pay for more storage, it is so worth it. I already tried a VPN from all over the world to see them.

Knowing Applegeek, I am sure he will react to G5 content. So he will probably save all his videos for the future... Hopefully. I mean, I would, especially with that view count and dedication. I hate to see his videos being targeted now, so many years later.

15 hours ago, Kujamih said:

.. i guess they have no hold in the fillypinnes.... The pirate islands qwehehehehe

I mean arrrrrrrrrrrrg

Your answer just gave me an incredibly powerful flashback of Applejack as a pirate :D

13 hours ago, Splashee said:

Knowing Applegeek, I am sure he will react to G5 content. So he will probably save all his videos for the future... Hopefully. I mean, I would, especially with that view count and dedication. I hate to see his videos being targeted now, so many years later.

I hope you are right. His reactions to the videos and all the other content are just heartwarming. I am currently finishing up my Master's degree and I look forward to every video that comes along, it makes the time so much more enjoyable. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I simply don't understand the appeal of "Reaction" videos. I have never felt the desire to watch someone watch something. A review, yes, but I have never wanted to watch a video with someone talking over it. I should amend that. If someone decided to give it the MST3K treatment, I might watch if it's a premeditated attempt at comedy. If it's just "Oh, that was cool!" or "Hey, that character looks great!" I'm not interested.

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I simply don't understand the appeal of "Reaction" videos. I have never felt the desire to watch someone watch something. A review, yes, but I have never wanted to watch a video with someone talking over it. I should amend that. If someone decided to give it the MST3K treatment, I might watch if it's a premeditated attempt at comedy. If it's just "Oh, that was cool!" or "Hey, that character looks great!" I'm not interested.

You've probably never seen AppleGeek's reaction videos then, in which case I will provide a highlight reel for you of his best over-the-top reaction moments made by another pony YouTuber :muffins:

Enjoy! :D