Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello New Friends!

Gloaming

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Twilight Sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

I was looking for a community to discuss my mlp fanfiction idea in, and this one seemed welcoming!

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I became a fan like most other folks: I watched the show. The animation and character design caught my attention, but the storytelling was what hooked me! Growing up, there weren’t many kids shows that had the guts to tell really compelling stories. There were even fewer aimed specifically at little girls like me. I wish I’d had this as a kid. MLP FIM is able to explore concepts like loss, aging, bullying and broken family without the weight of shows like Ben 10 and Teen Titans. Sure, it has it’s heavy moments. But at the end of the day, it maintains an optimistic and cheerful vibe. That’s what I appreciate the most. 

I’m hoping to present my fanfic idea to a relatively large audience on this forum. Through everyone’s feedback, I want to write a story that compliments the source material’s mature storytelling, but also has elements of epic fantasy and the gothic literature that I myself am particularly fond of. 

• Brohoof 3

I tried writing in novels..... But i love drawing so i ended up making comics of my fanfiction.... How bout yours? Have you made any? In fimfiction maybe? Or just starting? I can proof read in occasion aswell ...

I see...hmmm are you planning for accuracy? Or making an original? Orrrrrr both?

I’d love a proof reader if you have the time! I’m a pretty active writer (meaning I’ve got ideas coming out of my ears with barely any time to write XD). I do mostly fantasy with a splash of sci-fi here’n there. 
What’s your comic style? Long or short-form? I’m always amazed by the consistency you comic artists have! I hope to be as good as you cool people someday.

9 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

I tried writing in novels..... But i love drawing so i ended up making comics of my fanfiction.... How bout yours? Have you made any? In fimfiction maybe? Or just starting? I can proof read in occasion aswell ...

I see...hmmm are you planning for accuracy? Or making an original? Orrrrrr both?

Trying for accuracy, but going for a more epic twist, with species redesigns, some.... unusual lore, and art. I love MLP color designs. I have a whole folder of palettes begging to be turned into characters.

I see.... Hmmm.... Saw tooth waves on you tube has good ideas and theories and alot in this forums study ponyism... I too has experience and ahmm knowledge in ponyism... And experience a bit of writing...only a little... If you need any help I'm happy to do so buddy!:mlp_smug:

1 minute ago, Kujamih said:

I see.... Hmmm.... Saw tooth waves on you tube has good ideas and theories and alot in this forums study ponyism... I too has experience and ahmm knowledge in ponyism... And experience a bit of writing...only a little... If you need any help I'm happy to do so buddy!:mlp_smug:

That’s really kind of you! I might take you up on that from time to time. I’ve started a thread in the fanfic writing academy to help survey what folks think of some of the weirder lore. Hopefully that helps to start sort things out. 

• Brohoof 1

Hello and welcome to the herd, @Gloaming! :adorkable: Yep, I love the show for exactly those reasons too and then some. :D I think you should definitely post those fanfic ideas too. :ooh: I think we'll all love to give it a read! :mlp_icwudt:

I hope you have an amazing time here! :wub:

image.png