Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lyra and Bon Bon, A Thing?

Moondrop

It certainly looked like a proposal to me. It flashed by pretty quickly in the background but I’m sure that’s what the writers had in mind. I guess it was a nod to all the fans who had been shipping them over the years. I think the intent was to make it subtle enough so only the die-hard fans who study every frame would notice it.

• 3 months later...

I simply believe that they were created to represent the greatest gift that can ever be given and an untouchable value like friendship. I am not against the ship, but I am none other than one of the ships, and as a great notator of the details and since nothing has been officialized by the authors for me it is free interpretation. In fact, in my opinion, the exchange of rings was a symbol of the friendship that bound them, as for us it is a heart-shaped necklace shared with your best friend. And marriage is a symbol of their union and of "marrying" the cause of the strong bond that a true friendship can create, it does not necessarily have to become something more, because many times true friends are better to whom you can tell everything else. of things like that. Then it is clear that the supporters of the ship perceive it like this and it is not even a bad thing, for heaven's sake. But Hasbro being very careful about these things, hidden almost as many other times there are these innocuous and pure symbols inside the cartoon. It is also right that it is not formalized because everyone can have their opinion on something and we must respect each other and as this masterpiece of my little pony teaches us not to divide us by rankings but to respect each other, not to give space to discord and wickedness that seeks to spread the enemy. So simply this. #LOVEMLP❤

It is a thing. But it was mostly the animators doing a thing in the background, for the fans. It used to be the same thing for Derpy being a thing for the fans, but Equastria Girls kinda made Derpy a real character. Same with Bon Bon And Lyra, in the Equestria Girls shorts and in Rainbow Rocks, being together close. There is a clear visual that something special between them is going on.