Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Necroposting

joanro

Is there any rule about necroposting on the forum? The media discussion is my favorite section of the forum, but all too often I see topics that are years old being revived. Is there anything that can be done about it? 

There is no rule against reviving an old topic nor is there a need for one. Bringing an old topic back doesn't cause any problems and if someone wants to continue a previously dead discussion, they are allowed to.

I know it’s sometimes against the rules on other online forums.  Or it might also be “allowed” but still considered a faux pas.  But that hasn’t been the case here as long as I can remember.  

I never could understand why there's ever been an issue with reviving old topics. I encourage it at all times. As I've said before in other threads, there's no expiration date on good conversation material. And lots of us weren't here when the older threads were originally posted. If there's an interest, jump on in there! That's what these threads are here for! If we were restricted only to new posts, the forum would dry up pretty fast and nopony wants that. 

• Brohoof 4

This is the only place I've been to where necroposting is regularly encouraged, which I actually find kinda refreshing

• Brohoof 1

If it weren't for reviving of old threads on this forum this forum would have become silent a while ago it keeps discussions interesting and engaging as well knowing people are reading over what you posted. That and threads would be merged anyway with those older ones anyway, so rather then making a new topic why not just revive it that is. Therefore I encourage it myself too.