Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A few interesting thoughts about Mane 5.

tierwidy

I've come up with this idea of Izzy being actually a descendant of Flurry Heart. They both have curly manes with gradient, Izzy has a shape of a heart as a cutie mark and on top of that she's a unicorn with a unique horn. Perhaps, such horn appearance is a side effect of alicorns losing touch with the magic. 

Also, the book we saw in the first image might not be an actual Friendship Journal, but rather a scouting journal. I don't know why no one pointed this out, but Sunny has badges. Every each of them represents the element of harmony. She might have gotten them by making through some challenges as a scout. With that, I'm almost certain that she will be the one to know how to deal with certain dangerous situations. Also, Sunny Starscout

Hitch Trailblazer may also be the one who will come up with the idea of bringing back magic into the world, basing on the actual description of the word 'Trailblazer' 

“A Trailblazer is a pioneer, somebody who's willing to take risks and go in a path that isn't already there. They blaze a trail and leave a path for others.”

Plus, IMO, Pipp is going to be the friendliest pony basing on her name (Petals), while Zipp will most likely treat coldly the main characters.

So, what do you think? ;)

Someone has already suggested that in terms of personality Izzy could be Pinkie + Rarity, Sunny – Twilight, Zipp – RD, Hitch – AJ, and Pipp – Fluttershy. But all of this based on only several images and a few seconds of animation. I personally would like each of them to have some unique traits, not found in any of the Mane 6.

As for the origin of the Mane 5, my favorite headcanon so far is that Hitch is a descendant of Snails.

• Brohoof 1

I have noticed that a lot of people are comparing the Main 5 in G5 to the Main 6 in G4. I'm hoping that the Main 5 will be different from the Main 6, but at the same time, relatable. If the Main 5 are too similar to the Main 6, then it would feel kind of stale, like they are just repeating Gen 4. I really hope that they take this change to make something new and original that will be exciting to watch and talk about.

On 2021-04-19 at 4:46 PM, Oleks said:

Pipp – Fluttershy

Pipp doesn't feel particularly fluttershy to me so far other than the fact she has wings but they look more like the wings that if Pinkie pie had wings x3 she feels quite opposite tho she might be phone addicted or something

I would caution about trying to fit these ponies into previous characters' molds.

I mean you can find similarities but they're not going to fit in the Mane 6's molds in a perfect way.

On 2021-04-19 at 9:56 AM, tierwidy said:

I've come up with this idea of Izzy being actually a descendant of Flurry Heart. They both have curly manes with gradient, Izzy has a shape of a heart as a cutie mark and on top of that she's a unicorn with a unique horn. Perhaps, such horn appearance is a side effect of alicorns losing touch with the magic. 

I’m sure at least one of them will be a descendant of a G4 character. However, I’d like that to be kept to a minimum so not to cheap them being special because they won the gene lottery :fluttershy:

On 2021-04-19 at 11:46 AM, Oleks said:

Someone has already suggested that in terms of personality Izzy could be Pinkie + Rarity, Sunny – Twilight, Zipp – RD, Hitch – AJ, and Pipp – Fluttershy. But all of this based on only several images and a few seconds of animation. I personally would like each of them to have some unique traits, not found in any of the Mane 6.

As for the origin of the Mane 5, my favorite headcanon so far is that Hitch is a descendant of Snails.

I don’t mind them following same archetypes, but I also want them to be entirely different characters myself >_>. What’s the point of making a new gen, in the very same universe, if the characters will remain copy-paste :scoots:?

• Brohoof 1