Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G4 characters returning in G5 and a theory

Christian123

So depending on how long G5 takes place (lets say maybe around 500 years) i think the only characters that can return is twilight the princesses discord spike ember and smolder (cuz dragons live for a long time) And maybe the dividing of equestria may have something to do with the future mane 6 being defeated by the G5 villian whoever it is and maybe being imprisoned like luna maybe there could be a a comic taking place in between g4 and g5 and showing what happened to cause the races to separate by species (if we see discord in g5 it would be sad to see him without fluttershy)

It may not just be Twilight, Spike, Ember, Smolder, Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Flurry Heart or Discord.  I also expect to see the return of Chrysalis, TIrek and Cozy Glow.  Perhaps the magic disappearing has allowed them to escape their fate from the Ending of the End.  Ether that or they did succeed at creating what G5 starts off with.

I think that if any of the G4 characters ever return in G5, then there has to be some sort of explanation for what happened between those two generations and why everypony is divided again. If twilight ever showed up, then she would have to explain why she wasn't able to prevent the separation between the different kinds of ponies. I mean, she is literally the princess of friendship. Also, the ponies have gotten along for thousands of years already and by the time twilight came around, she was looking to spread it to other species. There had to have been some kind of major change in order for the ponies to be so divided again, but I'm pretty sure they will address that in the movie.

Then again, there was a picture of Sunny looking at the mirror in her bedroom, where stuff like pins, toys/dolls, and a poster relating to the main six were seen, so that has to mean something.

• 2 years later...

I actually have several theories on who is still alive.

Spike, which is now canon

Cadence, Flurryheart, and the crystal ponies, because Cadence was still a young-ish alicorn and Flurryheart was a baby.

Smolder, again longer lifespan

Sombra, because he is a literal demon

Sunset Shimmer and everypony else from Equestria girls, because the human world time is different from Equestria time

Discord, we don't know how long a Draconiquos (or however you spell it) can live, plus he could be in his own dimension.

Fluttershy. Ok hear me out here, if she had decided to stay with Discord and if Discords dimension is a place where time doesn't pass, then she could still be alive

Angel bunny, would've gone with Flutter to Discord's dimension

Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy Glow, are still sealed in stone and if they were released, they wouldn't have aged a day.

• Brohoof 1