Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The royal sister’s wings

Moondrop

So, today I wanted to talk to you about Luna and Celestia’s Wings, sounds boring, I know. But I have a big question I want a answer for. If you search “filly Luna/Celestia” You’ll see pictures of them as filles . Though, they have the same size wings a normal Pegasus foal would-they are ALICORNS. Proven by Lauren Faust, they are born Alicorns, like flurry heart. And flurry heart was born with large Alicorn wings... shouldn’t they be?

2D9A7EF8-F731-45CA-88AD-F0388240AC84.jpeg

I desperately need to catch up past season 7, but answer me this. Was there at any point in the series an instance where we were shown officially released images of Celestia and Luna as fillies, or are they all just really well done fan art?

5 hours ago, SharpWit said:

I desperately need to catch up past season 7, but answer me this. Was there at any point in the series an instance where we were shown officially released images of Celestia and Luna as fillies, or are they all just really well done fan art?

It's all fanart, was never shown in the show, even in the example here.
Though you did get younger Celestia and Luna in the comics, with Celestia going more toward her pinkish look and Luna toward her S1 look.

2550635.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-05-22 at 8:47 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

They weren't born alicorns

We don't know that.

Flurry Heart was the first natural born alicorn.

First in Equestria.  That's all we know for sure.  The Journal of the Two Sisters intimates that they were born alicorns, and outright states that they were alicorns as young foals.  Seems unlikely that they would have transformed at such a young age.

They weren't born alicorns. That's why. Flurry Heart was the first natural born alicorn. 

Actually I always took celestia's words equestria never seen a born Alicorn to mean that technically Celestia and Luna were born even before Equestria was founded so the idea that they could still be born Alicorn is still there.

If you ask me the whole all alicorns must be earned, not born argument doesn't really matter; is more a matter of preference.

It's like the old expression: some heroes are born, some heroes are made. Whether they were born an alicorn or made an Alicorn, as long as they're using their powers responsibly, that's much more important than one side being automatically right

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Let's say Luna, Celestia, and Flurry Heart are all natural-born alicorns, and let's say that Luna and Celestia did have normal-sized filly wings unlike Flurry Heart. Since the two sisters have lived for thousands of years, fillies born with different sized wings or horns etc wouldn't be too surprising. What would be surprising is the first natural-born alicorn after their extremely long reign born with both seemingly fully developed alicorn-shaped wings and even a long horn (let's ignore the huge eyes and assume that's just a design choice to make her more recognizable or something), right?