Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to draw MLP Manes?

CutieMarkCrusaders1

@CutieMarkCrusaders1

Original Character Help is designated for seeking help with a specific OC. Requesting assistance with drawing MLP-related content belongs in Photo Finish’s Magic’s (Visual Art), so your thread has been moved there.

19 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Do you really want help on getting good at drawing? 

Well first le me see your drawing:)

i mean yeah, but the best i can do is a oil brush, i use paint 3d, i took a shot, its gonna be my signature soon, but here eeeeee.png.31cd9afdb70630043bba5709ad26f92b.png

I took  a shot, its small but i tried the hair, kinda good, but heres me trying to take the shot on the big canvas.

aaaaaaaaaaaa.thumb.png.16ca7857e035b822202d2f97a2df3e9f.png

i hope you understand 

it doesnt look good to me on the big canvas, but i tried hard on the small canvas

Okay....hmmm what device do you use for drawing? On a computer or a tablet or on a phone? Do you use A mouse? A pen or fingers? 

I use my cellphone, and use my fingers for drawing... It's what im comfortable with.

Anyway i suggest you practice on drawing on the fundamentals like guide lines and outlines

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, CutieMarkCrusaders1 said:

this????  :) tried a hoof
1gmk.png.b48c9802402fe64db1ffd8f7bcd1db09.png

Heads up;

To start off with pony art it's very good to look up some pony anatomy, that way you learn to understand better how stuff works and make it easier for you to draw them too, there's quite a few tutorials and tips on it on deviantart x>

Also.. there are some art programs that are free and have more brushes to work with if you're looking for something that can make it more detailed too.

You basically draw a circle for the head,
the body is more bean shaped :>

https://www.deviantart.com/nyaseiru/art/MLP-Basic-Anatomy-Study-1-Basics-317485624

Hm yup.... I think you need better tools... @Pandora is right to point out you need different tools and brushes.

I use sketch app in my cellphone... Well it's not the best like photoshop... But i has no time for very big detailed stuff :laugh:

"Paint sai" is good though! I easily learned there than photoshop.

But it all depends on where you are comfortable.

But for now practice drawing circles on paper.... Then when using an app. Or a tool, Try making a circle.... And if your hand drawn circle is much much much more better than your digital circle.... Then that app. Or tool has bad accuracy and maybe should try finding a better tool or app.

ibis paint is a very good app, i recommend one of these pencils with rubber tips for phones, or a sonar pen if you can (those use the audio jack but are really good)

my recomendations would be to practice your lines  drawing only the upper area of the body to no burn yourself in one draw.

Spoiler

show.thumb.png.1431334bdb44f07b1b1096a514a9a3d4.png

everything depends on how much practice you have and how much patience you put in one draw.

always!

Spoiler

ALWAYS :Cozy:

use references, with references you will develop a style and will understand how stuff work (even tracing but thats just for study purposes)

i wouldn't use bases :mlp_icwudt:

thats just my opinion, im not an expert or anything so, take it or leave it :mlp_icwudt: