Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Anyone got yourselves vaccinated yet?

Allen

Have you get vaccinated yet?  

63 users have voted

1. 1. Have you get vaccinated yet?

• Yes, I got vaccinated twice (either from Pfizer or Moderna)
    • Yes, I got vaccinated at least once (You'll get your second dose in a few weeks if you have it from Pfizer or Moderna)
    • No, I'm not vaccinated yet, but I'll get one soon
    • No, I'm not vaccinated yet, and I don't know if or when I could get one
    • I won't be getting vaccinated
  2. 2. Have you received a booster shot yet?

• Yes, I have received a booster shot.
    • No, I have not received a booster shot yet, but I may get one soon.
    • No, I have not received a booster shot yet and I don't know if I could get one.
    • I don't plan to receive a booster shot.
  3. 3. If you're vaccinated, what company did you receive your dose(s) from?

• Pfizer-BioNTech
    • Moderna
    • Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
    • Oxford-AstraZeneca
    • Other (specify what company did you get your dose from as if you're in a different country than the U.S.)
    • None of the above

(edited)

So yesterday, I received my first COVID-19 vaccination dose in the afternoon. I was nervous to receive my first dose, but it wasn't that bad when that needle is injected through my upper left arm. :) I got it from Pfizer-BioNTech, and I'll get my second one in three weeks to be fully vaccinated and be protected against COVID-19 with immunization cells build up on the body. My father got it from Moderna, but that's okay with him.

If you have your first dose from Pfizer-BioNTech, then you may get your second dose in three weeks; or if you have your first dose from Moderna, then you may get your second dose in four weeks. Remember, you must be at least 16 years old to receive a vaccination dose from Pfizer, or 18 to receive it from Moderna.

Tell me in this topic below if you got yourselves vaccinated yet or not. I care for everyone's health and stay away from COVID-19 virus as possible with necessary social distancing. :kindness: I'll make sure that all COVID-19 vaccines produced must not have potential side effects. If you're going to greet people in person, then you may want to use an elbow bump that I've been doing when I meet people with masks on while the pandemic is ongoing. I wish I can shake other people's hands when I meet them, even when pandemic is still happening.

UPDATE 11/12/2021: Second and third poll questions added to this topic if you have received a booster shot or not, and what company did you get your dose(s) from.

Edited by Allen
second and third poll questions added
  • Brohoof 5

I've had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine, both in my upper right arm. The first shot was completely fine, with no side effects whatsoever. I didn't even get sore where they stuck the needle in. The second shot a few weeks later was worse because i had a lot of fatigue, body aches, headache, chills and sweats, but none of the other flu-like stuff like runny nose, sore throat or cough. And all that subsided after 48 hours. For those who haven't had covid it's usually worse on the second shot, but that's normal so you know it's working. And not everyone gets the same results as far as side effects. I've met people of all ages and physical condition that have had different reactions, and many with none at all.

• Brohoof 5

I haven't because this whole thing is just a pure mess here -.-. Even my parents ( > 60/70) have just got their first injection recently. When this continues with this speed then maybe I can could get the first one in the next decade. I'm also planning to get it

2 hours ago, Allen said:

I care for everyone's health and stay away from COVID-19 virus as possible with necessary social distancing. :kindness:

That's really sweet of you :catface: Here have a digital (COVID-SAVE) Hug

• Brohoof 1

I am allowed to get vaccinated, but I am having troubles with the registration services provided by my country. Basically, technical issues related to smartphones.

EDIT: I did some more work after I wrote this, and got it to work. So I will get vaccinated in a few days. Very exciting! :eager:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have not I am not particularly fond of the vaccine the average time it takes to develope a vaccine are ten to twelve years. That's right years, not months so there is that. People may also want to learn what an MRna is and how it works why this isn't really so much a vaccine. Of course most people won't do the research they should be doing on these chemicals, but of course we only recently had people complain about GMOs yet now people are willing to inject a chemical that will rewrite their RNA and therefore their DNA. Since RNA more or less governs your genetic code as well as your cells so putting in something that edits that and somehow does so better then your own immune system would on it's own. I mean I am surprised that anyone would even consider doing this to themselves willingly but perhaps that's the thing we don't really have a choice do we. Not taking it you'll be excluded from society being unable to travel all while still not being truly immune to covid as someone vaccinated can still get covid and still spread covid that and people should truly be concerned about the effects of this chemical long term. There is no long term experience with the use of mRNA so truly anything can happen to people who've got it. Usually that would be the trial period included in those ten years so you won't really know the effects of it until 10 years or so. There is also the fact that it does not contain the virus itself so your immunity system is not learning how to actually defeat it. You're giving yourself a higher chance of not getting sick of covid but instead you have ten years to realize just what the effects will be on you.

So I am not sure myself, I may do it simply to have the freedom to go where I want. Though I also realize the dangers of it especially being in the high risk group to then use something like that does not seem logical to do unless I was very desperate which I'm not as I live in a country with small population and rather have my own immune system tackle it as that way at least I would get actual immunity from it.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

I got vaccinated over a month ago with Moderna. I was eligible for one of the earlier rounds than the general public because of my health conditions so I took the offer up. I got my first shot in late February and second in late March. I reacted to the second one with a migraine and alternating chills and overheating which kept me up that whole night, but that's fine. I'm glad to be vaccinated.

• Brohoof 4

I haven't because I'm not eligible yet. I'll probably get myself vaccinated once I am eligible, which might be later this month or next month from the look of things.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Not yet. But at least I'm the only human being on this planet wanting to get a vaccine unlike all the other 7 billion+.

Edited by PCutter

I'm never getting vaccinated. My body, my choice. I do not trust anything about these vaccines. For those that do, feel free to get it, but I am not getting it and nor will I be forced to take it by peer pressure. I'm set in my ways, so no matter what anyone says I'll remain firm. It's my choice. 

• Brohoof 3

In two days, I will be free again! It has been a long year in isolation, and it feels good to finally defeat that virus :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle97 said:

No. I haven't gotten it yet and I don't know if I even will. Most of my family are anti covid 19 vaccine people. 

You and me both. :laugh:

(edited)

I’ve been vaccinated since early March due to being an essential worker. I had the Pfizer vaccine and had no side effects whatsoever :huh: 

Don’t want to start a debate here but for the people who are saying they don’t want to get vaccinated, remember that it’s not really a personal decision - not getting vaccinated impacts everyone else in society, not just yourself.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 4

Fourth poll option added if you don't know when some of you will get your vaccination dose.

When I just got my first dose last Friday, I felt a little bit of muscle pain over my left upper arm, but don't worry, it'll feel better.

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

In two days, I will be free again! It has been a long year in isolation, and it feels good to finally defeat that virus :mlp_yeehaa:

It was a long self-quarantine for you and me, buddy. The pandemic is crazy for us that we can't go out in public, and I can't wait to go anywhere in person again and visit some places I want to visit.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

On 2021-05-01 at 5:18 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

There is no long term experience with the use of mRNA so truly anything can happen to people who've got it.

Have you thought about getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (if it’s available where you live?). It’s not an mRNA vaccine but more of a traditional one. Or AstraZeneca is also not mRNA if that’s available to you.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 3