Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Anyone got yourselves vaccinated yet?

Allen

Have you get vaccinated yet?  

63 users have voted

1. 1. Have you get vaccinated yet?

• Yes, I got vaccinated twice (either from Pfizer or Moderna)
    • Yes, I got vaccinated at least once (You'll get your second dose in a few weeks if you have it from Pfizer or Moderna)
    • No, I'm not vaccinated yet, but I'll get one soon
    • No, I'm not vaccinated yet, and I don't know if or when I could get one
    • I won't be getting vaccinated
  2. 2. Have you received a booster shot yet?

• Yes, I have received a booster shot.
    • No, I have not received a booster shot yet, but I may get one soon.
    • No, I have not received a booster shot yet and I don't know if I could get one.
    • I don't plan to receive a booster shot.
  3. 3. If you're vaccinated, what company did you receive your dose(s) from?

• Pfizer-BioNTech
    • Moderna
    • Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
    • Oxford-AstraZeneca
    • Other (specify what company did you get your dose from as if you're in a different country than the U.S.)
    • None of the above

Got my first Moderna shot a week ago, no side effects to speak of apart from minor soreness. Supposedly they're usually worse the second time around so I'm going to plan on taking it easy for a day or two.

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, ssj4gogita4 said:

I got a fever of 102.5 overnight after getting it yesterday and a major headache. Also woke up every 30 minutes. Extremely tired.

That's not really normal for taking a vaccine, you know? Exactly the reason why I will not be taking it. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Monotonality said:

That's not really normal for taking a vaccine, you know? Exactly the reason why I will not be taking it. 

It's more of I'd like to prevent others from getting sick so I choose to get it. I knew there were going to be repercussions from getting it as I've heard multiple people having sickness after it. It's normal because even has young children/babies the same thing happened.

If the vaccine was 50% or less effective then I would be more skeptical, but with a higher rate with each vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J) then I was ok with it. It's for my family and friends and the same reason I wear a mask everywhere I go because at this point it's a habit.

• Brohoof 4

Upon viewing my selection...

856338272_ChoosingYourVaccine.thumb.jpeg.e9d77830b221c351f2c008365bc3e8ba.jpeg

...I'll take a pass. I'm NOT anti-vax, however, I have not gotten sick in nine years despite letting my body fight everything naturally. I'd take a vaccine I feel I could trust, but I have no reason to possibly disrupt my immune system. The constant gaslighting, expecting me to just brush off all the side effects, including lethal ones, only makes me even more distrusting. I will never believe in the system again

• Brohoof 4

Decided the risk of the CCP virus outweighs the risks of the vaccine, so I’ve vaccinated yesterday. Was told I may get sick today, but feel fine

• Brohoof 4

mRNA vaccines have been studied since around 1990 (and maybe even earlier). But the real work began in 2011. I recommend reading this article for more explanation and history.

Vaccines for Coronaviruses -and especially SARS-CoV-1- have been studied since at least 2005.

Here's the thesis from 2005. I also recommend reading this - there's bunch of good informations about Coronaviruses in general.

The novel coronavirus detected in China in 2019 is closely related genetically to the SARS-CoV-1 virus. SARS emerged in late 2002 in China and caused more than 8 000 cases in 33 countries over the course of eight months. Around one in 10 people who developed SARS died.

As the quote above says, CoV-2 is closely related genetically to the CoV-1 which speed up the whole process of vaccine development for CoV-2.

So, please, don't spread rumours about it not being tested properly (or that they have been released too soon), especially when this whole vaccination thing relies on herd immunity -not to mention billions of dollars put into vaccines by many countries, which speed up the whole project (what takes most of the time when it comes to releasing a vaccine is just a bureaucracy)-. 

If less than 70% of every country's population will take a vaccine, then this whole world will have even worse situation than what we have in India right now. Coronavirus IS VERY dangerous. Keep in mind, that this virus can easily mutate into another more wild and dangerous type, which well... isn't something we want to happen.

Anyway, even knowing the huge risks, you still don't want to take a vaccine? Okay, that's your decision. And no one has rights to force you to take it. But, remember - stay away from people, wear a mask and protect yourself against any possible covid encounter in your area.

Another thing I'd like to answer is the possible long-terms side effects and the most asked question - Can mRNA vaccine change your DNA? Okay, look here's the answer: Yes, it can.

I'm not kidding you, there's a possibility for SARS-CoV-2 RNA's to be reverse-transcribed and integrated into the human genome like some retroviruses - HIV for instance. (Here's the preprint). 

BUT! The possibilty of it is very, very, very, very low (you have a better chance of winning a lotto and being struck by lightning at the same time). And even if this happens, it may not even affect you at all. The thing is; everything when it comes to biochemistry is risky. There're some chances for happening this, that and all other things which in fact are totally different for every person. You can't say 'Oh, this vaccine/medication is 100% safe, take it!' because it's a lie. Any vaccine, any medication that you take at any point in your life may change something in you, and the thing is; you don't even know what. Also, not to mention the case of said medication/vaccine endangering your life, which is still a possibility. 

Okay, so with that being clear let's hop to another subject: Possible Long-term side effects. Well, no matter what I'll write here people will still stay sceptic, because the answer is: We don not know. But, realistically, there shouldn't be any long-term side effects.

Also, I'd like to explain how really this mRNA vaccine works.

Generally, mRNA vaccines are our hope for the future, not only when it comes to pandemic, but also in healing other even more deadly diseases.

So, how does it works? 

A fragment of virus genome inserted into the cell forms a virus protein. Thanks to that the immune system learns to recognize the virus without having to come into contact with the real pathogen.

That's how really mRNA vaccines works. Also, this answers why some people gets sick after first or second dose of vaccine -  your immune system recognized the virus protein and just tries to kill it off.

All in all, I know. This thing is new. Everyone is unsure, even terrified by a lone thought of getting vaccinated. I understand.

But, if you're not medicaly excluded from getting a vaccine, then I recommend doing it. Keep in mind, you're not doing this for yourself; you're doing this for every living human on this planet. This whole thing will go down in history for sure, so please, don't repeat the same mistake that people from the previous generations did to Tesla. Just because he tried to help humanity by inventing new - even scary - things, doesn't mean he wanted bad. There're so many people behind the vaccines. Universities from all over the world, scientists, contributors that's few to name. It's not only Johnson&Johnson or any other company, but people that wants to return to normal life as much as you do. 

Sources (if anyone would like to know on what I based my answers):

Siddharta Mukherjee - Hidden History
J. M. Berg - Biochemistry
H. Fletcher - Genetics
E. K. Wagner - Basic virology

https://www.qiagen.com/us/resources/faq?id=06a192c2-e72d-42e8-9b40-3171e1eb4cb8&lang=en

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/j20aky/we_are_covid19_vaccine_researchers_anna_and_paul/

Sorry for such a long post, but I really want to help people better understand this whole situation. I know how this whole thing stressed out many people, so i hope that this messy post of my let you understand it a little bit better. Also, pardon me for any grammar mistakes, but it's really late at night and I'm just very sleepy.

Anyway, have a nice day/night! :grin:

17 hours ago, lyrabetes3939 said:

I got my first dose (Moderna) on April 23rd, and I had basically no side effects. My arm was a bit sore for a day or two, but otherwise I felt totally fine. :grin:

Getting my second dose toward the end of this month.

I've heard from a few that the Moderna one is the worst side effects for the 2nd dose. Hope you'll be ok <3

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

I got my second dose yesterday, exactly three weeks after receiving my first dose. I felt a little muscle pain on my left upper arm after getting my second dose, and I'll be fine soon. According to CDC, fully vaccinated people can no longer wear masks, but some fully vaccinated people may still wear their masks if they want to.

• Brohoof 3

On 2021-05-13 at 11:40 AM, ssj4gogita4 said:

I've heard from a few that the Moderna one is the worst side effects for the 2nd dose. Hope you'll be ok <3

My brother felt down for a while after his second dose, but didn’t last. I didn’t get any issues after my J&J sole vaccine 

• Brohoof 4

On 2021-05-06 at 8:37 AM, Starforce Glimmer said:

Actually, it is (for some people). Those kinds of side effects are the result of your immune system fighting the pretend pathogens, NOT any sort of damage being done to your body by the vaccine itself.

Meanwhile, the death toll from COVID-19 has thus far been WAY higher that of a typical flu season, and a substantial percentage of people hospitalized for it have ended up with most-likely-permanent lung damage.

So, I ask you: Which one is more deserving of our fear?

The moment my state started offering the vaccine to its entire adult population, I got myself an appointment for the next day. Due to high demand this meant driving to a pop-up clinic two hours away, but the city it was in also had an arcade with some rare 1980's games, including the combination video game/pinball table Baby Pac-Man:

• Brohoof 6

I got 1 dosage of Pfizer vaccine. I was very excited, because a lot of people told about microchips so I thought about becoming a walking Wi-Fi router. That and potential reptilian scales... come on, who doesn't want to become a dragon? But no. Nothing happened, I can't breathe fire and I still can only deliver hugs, not the Internet >:c Am angery. 

No, but seriously I am glad I got at least one dosage out of the way. Too many people around me met their bitter end because of this pest of a virus. I don't want to play a hero and then end up with 70% of my lungs gone like friend who's freaking younger than I am. And I am not even 30 yet. 

And I have parents I really love, gambling with my life would be one thing, gambling with theirs... yeah, I'll pass.

Also I noticed here a discussion about wether vaccines are healthy or not and with all due respect I ask both sides not to involve me into that.

• Brohoof 3

Got my second Moderna shot exactly 48 hours ago. I've had no side effects whatsoever apart from soreness in my arm and shoulder. And that soreness is normal for me after things like flu shots. My dad and my brother both felt like a train wreck 12 hours after the second shot so I think I'm in the clear.

• Brohoof 5

I got my first vaccination on this tuesday with BionTech-Pfizer. I felt tired yesterday and had pain on the injection site, but otherwise I am fine. And this are normal reactions of the body.

• Brohoof 4

I've had two doses of the Astrazeneca one and been fine. Those worried about the effects of having the vaccine should realise that the risks of life threatening complications are far greater from catching COVID than from getting jabbed.

• Brohoof 9