Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Anyone got yourselves vaccinated yet?

Allen

Have you get vaccinated yet?  

63 users have voted

1. 1. Have you get vaccinated yet?

• Yes, I got vaccinated twice (either from Pfizer or Moderna)
    • Yes, I got vaccinated at least once (You'll get your second dose in a few weeks if you have it from Pfizer or Moderna)
    • No, I'm not vaccinated yet, but I'll get one soon
    • No, I'm not vaccinated yet, and I don't know if or when I could get one
    • I won't be getting vaccinated
  2. 2. Have you received a booster shot yet?

• Yes, I have received a booster shot.
    • No, I have not received a booster shot yet, but I may get one soon.
    • No, I have not received a booster shot yet and I don't know if I could get one.
    • I don't plan to receive a booster shot.
  3. 3. If you're vaccinated, what company did you receive your dose(s) from?

• Pfizer-BioNTech
    • Moderna
    • Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
    • Oxford-AstraZeneca
    • Other (specify what company did you get your dose from as if you're in a different country than the U.S.)
    • None of the above

Yeah, my bf and I both got ours a couple months ago. Easy process, side effects weren't too bad. Still going to wear a mask in public though, helps against getting sick in general. (And because I got a cute one I like wearing.)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I got my first dose two weeks ago and shortly after I had trouble breathing, swallowing  and developed a fast irregular heartbeat that lasted for about a week. Needless to say I won’t be getting the second shot.

2 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

I got my first dose two weeks ago and shortly after I had trouble breathing, swallowing  and developed a fast irregular heartbeat that lasted for about a week. Needless to say I won’t be getting the second shot.

Probably shouldn't have even got the first. Really, people shouldn't be getting these in my eyes.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Starforce said:

Probably shouldn't have even got the first. Really, people shouldn't be getting these in my eyes.

I had heard my employer may be requiring them which is why I got the first one in the first place. I’d expected some sort of side effects from the second shot, cold symptoms at the worst since I don’t have any past history of allergic reactions to vaccines or medications. Not the first one and definitely didn’t expect such a reaction. Despite having such a severe reaction they still pushed for me to get the second shot. Personally I’m not going to do it because I can’t imagine what a second shot of it would do to me. I’ll deal with my employer if and when it comes to that. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

I had heard my employer may be requiring them which is why I got the first one in the first place. I’d expected some sort of side effects from the second shot, cold symptoms at the worst since I don’t have any past history of allergic reactions to vaccines or medications. Not the first one and definitely didn’t expect such a reaction. Despite having such a severe reaction they still pushed for me to get the second shot. Personally I’m not going to do it because I can’t imagine what a second shot of it would do to me. I’ll deal with my employer if and when it comes to that. 

You shouldn't get a second shot if this is what happens. I know you'll be able to deal with your employer if he gives you trouble about it. Really, they shouldn't be doing this to people. 

• Brohoof 2

I got my first one a couple weeks ago, had a light fever the night of. Would much rather get that than the real thing, and a big thank you to all of you who have been vaccinated, even if you only got 1 dose. :>

• Brohoof 5

I've received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and will get boosters if they turn out to be necessary.

I didn't really have any side effects outside of feeling kind of sick for a day or two after the second dose, plus a sore arm (but that's kinda to be expected with vaccines)

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my first dose and am waiting to leave. Wanted to do it as early as July to get it out of the way, but there was too much going on.

• Brohoof 3

I'm eligible for the booster shot and have been since the beginning but I am yet to get it. I really need to go get that over with because I am in the public a lot more nowadays and in my stupid state vaccine rates are low and people don't wear masks, so... I need all of the protection I can get.

• Brohoof 4

I got my second TBE shot a week ago. Oh, that is for protection against being bitten by a tick, and getting a very dangerous decease (I live in a red zone). Still need another vaccine about 5 months from now to be fully protected.

What is so special about this? Well, I was afraid to take vaccines, but the covid situation made me brave. I better stay protected from the things that can currently hurt me, than to live in fear.

• Brohoof 5

Antibody test came back negative, so no covid antibodies. Pretty much decided to pass on the current crop of vaccines, especially with the availability of Regeneron Monoclonal Antibodies. Gonna continue to take Vitamin D and work on improving my health with diet and weight loss (almost at target weight)

Would consider Novavax's vaccine since its based on traditional technology but that one isn't available yet to my knowledge.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine at the earliest possible moment way back in early April and eagerly await the booster as soon as they make that eligible for the general public. Also pretty much the only person (well alongside fiancée and her family, and grandparents) locally that still wears masks and keeps sanitizer on hand. People here truly think either the pandemic is over or that it isn't real to begin with. Little wonder our death rate eclipsed our birth rate over the last 12 months here.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-08-13 at 9:12 AM, Dark Bun said:

I got my first one a couple weeks ago, had a light fever the night of. Would much rather get that than the real thing, and a big thank you to all of you who have been vaccinated, even if you only got 1 dose. :>

And a big no thank you to all of you who got the vaccine. I don't need nor will I ever get the vaccine due to my religious beliefs. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Spooky Mcpony said:

And a big no thank you to all of you who got the vaccine. I don't need nor will I ever get the vaccine due to my religious beliefs. 

I am right there with you. While I am not religious, I am strongly against the idea of being vaccinated. 

• Brohoof 1