Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health When you wake up an hour before your alarm, what do you do?

Venomous

We've all had days where we have woken up soon before our alarm is scheduled to go off. In these cases, what do you do? Do you try to go back to sleep or do you just stay up?

9 minutes ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

We've all had days where we have woken up soon before our alarm is scheduled to go off. In these cases, what do you do? Do you try to go back to sleep or do you just stay up?

i usually stay up

It depends how tired I am, i might fall back asleep until it does go off but most times i just get up and stay up. 

• Brohoof 1

I usually go back to sleep, but that has backfired before, since I end up sleeping through my alarms half the time.

• Brohoof 1

Usually I try to fall asleep, but sometimes I've woken up too much to go back to sleep, so I grudgingly get out of bed. As soon as I muster up the strength to do so, anyway.

• Brohoof 1

On those occasions I use an alarm I hate to wake up early because I can never fall back asleep knowing that damned alarm will be going off at any moment. Just the idea of it stresses me out and prevents me relaxing enough to fall back asleep. Once I’m up, I stay up.

Depends: If I have an appointment or need to go to work, then I stay up. If I don't or there is enough time I go back to sleep.

18 hours ago, Kujamih said:

I stare at my alarm and mock it....

".... I beat you....:orly:

I also do that, but I don't stare at it while doing it xD

It depends on how tired I am and how pressing the thing I need to get up for is. It it's very pressing then usually I can't fall back asleep anyway so I just stay up, but if it isn't then I can usually roll over and fall back asleep until it goes off. Of course this all depends on how tired I am- even if it's very pressing but I'm really tired I may just fall back asleep anyway :muffins:

I just stay in bed and ... ponder about stuff :wacko: . That or just realize how relaxing it is, but also realize about missed sleep I could have gotten (especially if it's more than one hour before my alarm..). I usually don't have an alarm since I work afternoons so yay :fluttershy:.

• Brohoof 1

Like today? Hmm... I just moved the alarm forward with 10 minutes to get some extra time to wake up by myself. Then I turned the alarm off just before it was about to go off, because I was wide awake by that point.

I work the off shift so waking up before my alarm is a blessing because that means I can do stuff before I go to work. If I wake up at my alarm I don’t get to do anything. If I wake up extremely early I’ll try to go back to sleep.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't have an alarm I mean if you don't live alone I jus rely on parents if ever for some reason I slept in which is very rare. I wake up naturally most of the time. If I had an alarm I guess I would wake up before it in expectation tbh they give me the chill but occasionally when I lived alone I used one.

Edited by flurry

(edited)

I found the hard way I might as well get up. Otherwise I’ll spend more time calculating how much sleep time I have left than any actual sleep

Edited by Steve Piranha
Some grammar DERP
  • Brohoof 1