Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rewriting Flash Sentry's Role In The First Equestria Girls Movie

TheDarkMare1939

I recently rewatched the first Equestria Girls movie, and I'll say that despite some problems I had with the movie, it wasn't that bad. One of my main issues with the movie is how Flash Sentry just had no other purpose to the story other than being A designated love interest for Twilight. I did like the part where he helped Twilight when he was framed by Sunset Shimmer, but that was pretty much it and it was kind of disappointing. Not to mention, when the other Equestria Girls movies and shorts were released, I feel like the writers just threw flash sentry on the back burner completely.

Sure, He did have appearances and interactions with the characters here and there, but I feel like there could've been more to him. I feel like he could've been a more compatible love interest for Twilight if he was given better writing, and I do have one idea for what His role In The EG Movie could've been instead of just being A designated love interest. I hope you all will like it:

Flash Sentry could be portrayed as the class president of Canterlot High, and A mentor for current and New CHS students who struggle to pass. This way, Flash Sentry can maybe help Twilight fit In the Human World and the High School setting more. Flash Sentry can even maybe Introduce Twilight to the Human versions of the Mane 6 at some points in the movie as the Best Students that can help her.

This would be would I would write Twilight and Flash Sentry's first time meeting each, and It takes place During The first MLP EG Movie, and I hope that it could set up a more natural path for Twilight working together with Flash Sentry:

Flash Sentry: "Oh, Are You okay?"

Twilight Sparkle: "I-I am. Thank you."

Flash Sentry: "Don't think I've seen you here before. You're new here at this school?"

Twilight Sparkle: "Uh, Yes. It's hard finding help around this place, and I'm a little nervous"

Flash Sentry: "Hey, it's okay. The first time is always scary at first. I'm Flash by the way. Flash Sentry."

Twilight Sparkle: "Nice to meet you Flash, My name's Twilight Sparkle. So this Is Canterlot High?"

Flash Sentry: "Yes, it's one of the best schools. Are you lost?"

Twilight Sparkle: "Yes, I sort of am."

Flash Sentry: "If you like I could show you around. You know, like give you a tour."

Twilight Sparkle: "You'd do that? That sounds great, but I don't want to take up your time."

Flash Sentry: "Hey, it's okay. My class doesn't start quite yet. Enough time for you to get to know the school while we go to the Principal's Office. If you're new, I'm sure that's where you were going."

Twilight Sparkle: "Sure. By all means, lead the way Flash."

So since Flash Sentry has the role of being Canterlot High's class President, he could start showing Twilight around the school and help Made her feel less insecure as she explores CHS. Flash Sentry could even help with a bit of "worldbuilding" so we can make sense of the rules of the setting. After Twilight confronts Sunset in the hallway when she bullies Fluttershy, Sunset leaves and bumps into Flash around the corner. As they both coldly go as they pass one another, they would have a short but heated interaction against each other, and it can give us the first hint on a possible past history between them:

Sunset Shimmer: "Flash..."

Flash Sentry: "Sunset..."

So When it's revealed that Flash Sentry was Sunset's former love interest, which is A small yet VITAL piece of information from Rarity and Fluttershy, it could help Twilight with understanding Sunset more. There also could've been a scene of Twilight questioning Flash Sentry about her. Flash Sentry could also ask Twilight to be her date for the Fall Formal, and Flash would do this to so he can protect Twilight from Sunset after she tried to frame her, instead of having the excuse be that he found her cute and it could build up their relationship In A Natural Way.

Flash Sentry can even decide to confront Sunset Shimmer after Twilight was framed and got sent to Principal Luna's Office. The scene can play out like this:

Flash Sentry: "You stay away from Twilight, Sunset because I'm going to be at the Fall Formal with her."

Sunset Shimmer: "Playing hero Flash? How cute. Do you really think she'll stay once this is over? Do you even know who Twilight really is?"

Flash Sentry: "I don't care. As long as she's made princess instead of you, it's all that matters."

Sunset Shimmer: "You poor boy... You'll regret this one day Flash. I still remember our little "break-up"..."

So the final climax of the movie can remain the same, except that Sunset Shimmer could have a better demon design, and Flash Sentry could try trying to talk a transformed She-Demon Sunset from harming anyone, only to be quickly subdued and threatened with harm as she plans to get revenge on him for breaking up with her, before turning her sights on Equestria. However, Twilight and her The HuMane 6 decide to step in and ultimately saves him, Sunset, and the whole Student Body from a terrible fate like in the original film. As for Flash Sentry's romantic feelings for Twilight Sparkle, It can be A way of gratitude for her saving him and the rest of the school, which Twilight accepts, but she has to go back to the Pony world.

6 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

Here's I would rewritten Flash Sentry:

By NOT creating this character AT ALL!!:mlp_yeehaa:

Well, despite what you think, I at least tried to make him have more importance in the movie. But Whatever if you don't like him.

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, TheDarkMare1939 said:

Well, despite what you think, I at least tried to make him have more importance in the movie. But Whatever if you don't like him.

Okay, fair enough.;)