Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Faster Than Light (Check OOC before joining)

Illiad Easle

@Starforce

The Captain looked pleased to see that Applebloom and Sweetie Belle were willing to come along with them. "You'll need to see about convincing the third, they seem keen on remaining together anyway, so it shouldn't be too much trouble."

On 2021-07-06 at 5:49 PM, Starforce said:

If you need additional help in repairing this vessel I am sure my guards would be willing to accommodate that. They will be remaining in the area until your departure, but while you are here on this world I am sure you would like a chance for us to trade as well. We have something you don't, magic. We can give you knowledge about it if it is allowed by our government to grant you it, perhaps even showing you our cities."

The Captain shook his head, "We won't need any help, we've repaired worse before. And while I'm sure it would be an enlightening experience, we are not equipped to properly evaluate what you could offer. Besides, we've done enough damage already, I'm sure the knowledge of life in the greater universe would be shocking to many of your citizens without seeing us for themselves. We'd like to get back into orbit and on with our mission without any further delay, if that's quite alright with you."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Afterglow ponders his response for a few moments. "Then I will offer another request from you. No matter how limited this encounter is, word will reach the citizens given time. I would like to receive some knowledge on how to even get into space. Simple missions at first. While we have tried endeavors before at my...interest we have not gone full blown into it yet. No doubt in order to prepare ourselves for what awaits us in the future, we should pursue an active interest in space exploration. I have made many proposals in the past to do such things but given other events and conflicts on our world previously, we didn't have the time. Now we do. And now we even have more incentive to do so." he stepped forward, his eyes calm. "If that isn't too much to ask, at least gives us some insights and knowledge on that." he stated.

"I will convince the third one myself, after we agree upon these terms." he stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

The Captain thought on the proposal for a few moments, privately conferring with Warrior before turning his attention back to the guard captain, "It's unlikely you'd have any devices capable of holding our schematics, and the Federation has found thusfar that each species has its own unique methods of entering and traversing space suited to their physiology, the schematics we give you may not be the most suitable anyway. Do your kind have any sort of advanced computational equipment? Aircraft capable of supersonic speeds? These will be necessary to reach orbit, but then again you have this 'magic' which we do not understand, and may give you a far more unique manner to reach orbit. Hmm... I think the best we can do is leave you with what you've already scavenged from the ship. You should be able to put the pieces together and fill in the gaps yourselves. Besides, six years is not that long, and the three fillies will return with all the answers. I don't think there's anything I could give you that would help much in such a short time, hence why I estimated a hundred years before you'd get there on your own."

He shrugged, "Patience then, and you'll get all the answers you could ever want."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"We have what could be considered computers in some capacity, for aircraft we usually do airships. We have some aircraft that my be able to reach those speeds however we as of yet have not had the requirement for them just yet. But, with our magic I am sure we may not even need such devices to reach orbit. When you leave, we will begin work on it because you have given us and me specifically the drive to do so and it will be an interesting experience to see what we can accomplish on our own. " he states with understanding.

"I should go and convince the third filly, and get my guards prepared for what is to come. When the materials arrive, I will send a team of guards to give you what you requested. I will see if Arch Stone found anything." he nodded, seeming to have agreed with the Captain's statements

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

The Captain nodded, "The two of you can exit the way you entered, the doors should open for you when you get to them. I'm glad we could reach an agreement, I only wish it could have been on better terms."

Once the guard Captain and Princess Luna exited the room, the Captain turned to the pair of fillies, "You two should go with them, your friend will no doubt be easier to convince with your help. Besides, you should take this opportunities to say goodbye to your families. Six years is a long time, and there wont be much in the way of communication until you return."

The Captain seemed tired as he got up from the floor, the remains of the slug having been wholly reclaimed by the ship and the area cleaned by that point. "I'll be on the bridge if you need me, we'll try to depart within a few hours if everything goes well."

Outside

Engineer and Translator exited the ship out the front carrying a number of components and began to affix them to the sides of the ship.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Afterglow smiles. "I agree, and I wish the same. At the very least we can do it now under circumstances now. I apologize for the actions of my treacherous guard and for any transgressions towards you or your kind." with that, he would exit the ship with Princess Luna. Once he was outside he would relay the situation to the guards. The guards at first were confused. Afterglow had also taken the other guards that were with him on the ship back outside and would explain the situation to them as well. Everyone was confused but after a while Afterglow's explanations would make sense within their minds. He would take note of Arch Stone, and she would give him one of the power crystals she had located out in the desert. She insisted that it would be used for further study.

Back inside, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom would leave. They would approach Afterglow after he was busy dealing with the guards.

"Are we um, able to see our families again? Could you take us to Ponyville so we can say goodbye?" Sweetie asked.

"That can be arranged. I will do personally. I believe my guard can take operations here by Princess Luna's command. Once the materials arrive, they will know what to do with them." he stated, and would begin to prepare a carriage for transport, should Luna allow this to take place. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

21 hours ago, Starforce said:

should Luna allow this to take place. 

Princess Luna stepped in, "We will bring the fillies with us. We think their families will appreciate being informed by us directly, and we may have more guaranteed success than thee on this front. Thou hast acted admirably thusfar Captain, We will leave thee to finish thy mission here."

Luna would board the carriage with the fillies and they would set off to Ponyville.

(We can skip the farewell unless you want to write out that scene)

(I assume things go smoothly from here on out?)

Once the remaining materials and the fragments of the crystal were delivered to the ship, Engineer and Translator worked in earnest to complete their repairs of the ship. Two hours later they were ready to attempt to depart, and simply awaited the fillies' return.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(I would like to roleplay that out, as long as you are able to play their older siblings)

-Carriage-

Afterglow sits back in the carriage next to Luna. None of the fillies talked because they had so much on their minds, and no way to express it for now. Afterglow watches as his guards down below and the vessel vanish from view. He sighs. "The things one finds themselves in. Nothing short of remarkable." he spoke with an almost nervous laugh. He was sweating from what he was recalling from what went on at the crash site. The fillies would silently nod.

-Vessel-

The guards would stand guard over the area as they observed the repairs. Some of them would take photos of the vessel while Arch Stone and the others that were inside of the ship before were speaking about what they had found. It was Arch Stone's idea that they keep track of what they remembered, for it would be important in the future. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

Epilogue

After tearful goodbyes and careful explanations by the CMC, Princess Luna, and the Guard Captain, the CMC left their families and friends behind to begin a new life in the stars, the first of their kind to leave their planet and travel beyond the limits of their solar system.

During their six years at the Academy they encountered and overcame many challenges, receiving their marks along the way. Applebloom, thanks in no small part to the training she received from Engineer and Translator, became quite accomplished as an engineer in her own right, quite experienced in the repair and maintenance of most every system on a ship and earning distinction for her skills managing engines. Scootaloo, with her innate talent for flight despite not being as physically capable as other pegasi, proved to be an excellent pilot, acing her flight exams and setting Academy records for asteroid field navigation. Sweetie Belle, aided in part by her experiences negotiating with the Captain and the guards, showed exceptional skill as a diplomat, and as such was assigned the role of Captain of the three of them.

Their final test had them navigating solo across a sector of space, several waypoints manned by training drones to test their ability to succeed in hostile encounters or diffuse tense situations. They passed with flying colors, being awarded their own ship, and being given their first official mission: Return to their home planet to share what they had learned with the rest of their world, as well as bring with them a pair of Federation ambassadors, none other than the Captain and the Mantis who had brought them to the Academy six years prior.

Their future was bright, and they were squarely at the helm.