Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Share some of your MLP nostalgia, if you want

cupcakery

for me, I get nostalgic whenever I think about the fan art I made and how I was a big shipper back in the day :p I also liked those videos where they put a song over random mlp clips LOL 

oh, and I even had funko pops !!! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Share some of your MLP nostalgia, if you want

My MLP nostalgia is very very strong for me. I remember the time when The Hub first came out in 2010, and MLP was on there. I didn't get into the show until 2013 when I binge watched Season 1 on YouTube and I was falling in love with it. I used to watch the episodes again again again, and they were flat out hilarious. Afterwards, I watched Season 2 and 3 after I finished Season 1.

Then, I got into the brony Youtube community with a whole bunch of reactors/commentators, reviewers, musicians, song remixers, etc. It was such a blast.

Next, I remember watching the older generations of MLP on YouTube, especially Generation 1 in 2013-2014.

Then, I remember started drawing the MLP characters and I'm started to get the hang of it when I was 13-14.

Finally, I had a lot fond memories of watching Season 4 premieres on The Hub. It was such a great experience for an all around great season.

There's a lot of MLP memories I can think of, but I'll come back to it later.

• Brohoof 2

My MLP "nostalgia" actually started in 2008, as I joined a forum with only 4 active members. I never knew that just 2 years later, MLP would be accepted by a huge group of people, and FIM would become a big part of my and other's lives.

I heard the word Brony the first time from reading it on a t-shirt at Wal-Mart :darling:

• Brohoof 3

I remember it was May 21st 2019, the day I started my Junior exams. :twi: That evening, the random thought popped into my head that maybe I should give MLP:FiM a go. The fact that it popped into my head out of nowhere makes me think that maybe it was meant to be or something. :please:

I remember having several run-ins with the show before that. My friend and I were madly into YTP and ponies would constantly cameo in them. At the time, we hated it and were complete anti-bronies and he now finds it hilarious that I now am one! :ButtercupLaugh: In and around 2014, I was at my godparents’ house and their youngest daughter was playing with her MLP toys. I don’t remember how many there were but there were definitely at least Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle. I remember being confused at the names and wondering why Dashie and Twilight had two words in their names. :dash:

I then remember seeing the trailer for the movie in the cinema when watching Cars 3 and unfortunately, not thinking much of it. That’s my biggest fan regret, not being around to see the movie when it came out. :(

Anyway, on that May evening when nopony was home and I was sat watching the first episode, I was immediately hooked and it was then that I realised that this was now going to be the best thing that ever happened to me, particularly the Mane Six. I remember seeing them together in the title sequence for the first time and being amazed at how they looked and there was something about that camaraderie between them that struck me throughout the first episode and has stayed with me ever since. :wub: Lastly, I think the fandom video that really did it for me with this IRL one. 

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I remember it was May 21st 2019, the day I started my Junior exams. :twi: That evening, the random thought popped into my head that maybe I should give MLP:FiM a go. The fact that it popped into my head out of nowhere makes me think that maybe it was meant to be or something. :please:

I remember having several run-ins with the show before that. My friend and I were madly into YTP and ponies would constantly cameo in them. At the time, we hated it and were complete anti-bronies and he now finds it hilarious that I now am one! :ButtercupLaugh: In and around 2014, I was at my godparents’ house and their youngest daughter was playing with her MLP toys. I don’t remember how many there were but there were definitely at least Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle. I remember being confused at the names and wondering why Dashie and Twilight had two words in their names. :dash:

I then remember seeing the trailer for the movie in the cinema when watching Cars 3 and unfortunately, not thinking much of it. That’s my biggest fan regret, not being around to see the movie when it came out. :(

Anyway, on that May evening when nopony was home and I was sat watching the first episode, I was immediately hooked and it was then that I realised that this was now going to be the best thing that ever happened to me, particularly the Mane Six. I remember seeing them together in the title sequence for the first time and being amazed at how they looked and there was something about that camaraderie between them that struck me throughout the first episode and has stayed with me ever since. :wub: Lastly, I think the fandom video that really did it for me with this IRL one. 

that was such a nice story :D !

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I enjoyed every episode and the spinoffs until I reached exactly half of Season 6. That's when I was forcibly barred from being allowed to watch the show anymore. By saying that I wanted to see the rest of Season 6, I was already labeled a traitor who should be harshly punished. I wanted to go back to watching it but was rejected at every turn. I was threatened that "very horrible things" will happen to me if I watched the later half of Season 6

Edited by PCutter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been a fan for 7 years now. Time has flown by so fast. I remember being 16 years old and watching MLP FIM for the first time. I discovered it during a dark, depressed time in my life and I like to think it was one thing that helped me crawl out of that hole.

I miss the old brony music scene. Acoustic Brony (now renamed Re:Make), 4EverfreeBrony, Aviators, all of them. Many of the brony musicians I loved are still making incredible music, it's just usually inspired by other things. And that's okay. I prefer Aviators' newer work but wow... his song Ashes is incredible. So are Open Your Eyes, The Fear of Flight, Friendship, The Adventure, Second Chances, Tonight, Monster, Applebuckin', etc. And I will always love 4EverfreeBrony's House of Glass.

I miss the songs from the show itself. I've Got To Find A Way and This Day Aria still hit me hard in the feels. I miss the old YouTubers who reviewed every episode, made fan animations, did reaction videos, and shared fan theories. I miss how I bonded with an old friend because I found out she loved MLP too. She was into The Living Tombstone's music and that's how I found out. I still have the plush Rarity she gave me. I miss how I found this forum and, for the first time, engaged with the community outside of comment sections on Equestria Daily and YouTube.

I have a sense of nostalgia back when I first discovered the show when I was 14. It was four years ago, but it was also one of the happiest periods in my life. FiM definitely contributed to it, so it feels good to look back on it and enjoy the memories.

• 5 weeks later...
(edited)

I miss the very early days of Bronydom (2011). The show was new and the fandom was new; there was definitely a sense of momentum in the fandom that strikes me as having mostly vanished in the past several years (I have not paid much attention to G5 so I have much less of a sense what the state of the fandom is in now).

In terms of the music, my absolute favorite song may be For The New Lunar Republic of the fandom and iamnotacleverpony may be my favorite musical artist of the fandom. (If my memory does not fail me, I recall iamnotacleverpony making a Deviantart post about being a transgender and going through medical procedures. However, I also recall the post having been deleted shortly after it was made.) I would consider ponyphonic as a more skilled musician -- Lullaby for a Princess strikes me as being the best in the fandom quality-wise -- but it does not have as much in terms of nostalgia factor. But I would listen to both and other Luna songs while I go around at night sometimes.

My favorite artist is Ponykillerx with Our Pretty Dictator perhaps being my favorite image of the entire fandom (he made a newer version of the image shown below, but I prefer this version).

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b2/58/c3/b258c3f13f617c456f26cdee38838425.png

He never seemed to be satisfied with his own artwork and generally had a sort of pessimistic attitude. At one point, on Deviantart, he placed the majority of his artworks under Scraps. Then he deleted all images from his profile. Then at some point he completely cleared everything. He seems to occasionally indicate that he still lurks around the internet, but for the most part he ended his internet presence.

He was definitely the most inspiring Brony artist to me and I like that he commented positively on one of my artworks. Yakovlev-Vad strikes me as having been a sort of successor of Ponykillerx in the sense that his artstyle looks to have been heavily influenced by him. However, his artworks from recent years are not as detailed as the ones he made more in the past which is not as appealing to me -- this is more of a stylistic change than a decline in quality, but his artworks no longer amaze me like they used to.

Dead page:

https://www.deviantart.com/ponykillerx

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias