Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Pillars of Equestria game released! (DEMO)

Toastypk

Ok quick caveat: After reading the comments on Equestria Daily, apparently this game is unfinished, and is in demo state. Nonetheless, it's there!

• The title was changed to New Pillars of Equestria game released! (DEMO)

So I went to try the game out, but...

driver.png

I dunno the first thing about drivers. I would guess they would get updated, but I dunno... it doesn't help that my computer is a Windows 7 from 2010.

How do I know if my drivers are up to date? Or does it not matter with a computer like mine?

9 hours ago, Toastypk said:

So I went to try the game out, but...

driver.png

I dunno the first thing about drivers. I would guess they would get updated, but I dunno... it doesn't help that my computer is a Windows 7 from 2010.

How do I know if my drivers are up to date? Or does it not matter with a computer like mine?

If you have a 3D accelerated card, such as Nvidia GeForce or ATi Radeon, then you can try upgrading the drivers to newer and hope for the best.

OpenGL is an API for 3D graphics that, despite its old name staying the same, has changed so much to keep up with the technology, and I think game developers are overlooking this very problem. It isn't the same OpenGL as your grandma used (basically).

When I created my game, I had to force OpenGL 2.0 just to get a feature to render to textures, something that Direct3D had had since the beginning of time, and it gave headaches to users with error messages like those, so I had to include Direct3D as well, and those worked for them, with the same graphics cards and no updated drivers, so you can see my frustration. But today I think people could do simple games (like the ones in the screenshot) without resorting to the newest OpenGL.

I'm still amazed about all the creativity and talent in this fandom. This really interesting and well made. I also agree it's great to learn more about the Pillars.

By reading this article I also learned there are pony mods for civ 5.. too much content dear fandom