Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Taking Control: The Story of Mason AKA Youth Sonic (1x1 between Courageous Thunder Dash and UI Tails)

Courageous Thunder Dash

3 minutes ago, Chelsea said:

@UI Tails

Chelsea sensed something was wrong, and flew over to where Mason was the next day. "I came as fast as I could. I felt something wrong. What's going on Mason? Did you have a nightmare?" Chelsea asked sitting next to Mason. 

Mason knew secrets were no use anymore. ¨Yeah, I did. Need more detail?¨

Moments ago, Chelsea said:

@UI Tails

"No need. The more you think about it, the more it'll wear you down." Chelsea answered. "Thundy went to have breakfast with Pinkie at Sugarcube Corner. I'm heading there too. Would you like to come with me?" Chelsea asked. 

¨Sure! I am hungry anyway.¨Mason got himself ready for another day in Equestria. AND he put a medium sized box in a backpack.

¨What is that for?¨ Tails said curiously.

¨I learned last night that Pinkie´s birthday was on May 3rd, so I got her something as a late gift.¨Mason explained.

¨Lets go, breakfest wont eat itself!¨ Sonic said excitedly.

@UI Tails

Chelsea gathered some water energy and went into her aqua jet form, zipping away. "Keep up you guys!" She called out in her aqua jet form. 

Meanwhile, Thundy was helping Pinkie set up the table for the arriving guests. "That should be everyone." Pinkie said. "Chelsea, myself, you, Sonic, Mason and Tails. Yep, that's everyone." Thundy stated. 

Moments ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

@UI Tails

Chelsea gathered some water energy and went into her aqua jet form, zipping away. "Keep up you guys!" She called out in her aqua jet form. 

Meanwhile, Thundy was helping Pinkie set up the table for the arriving guests. "That should be everyone." Pinkie said. "Chelsea, myself, you, Sonic, Mason and Tails. Yep, that's everyone." Thundy stated. 

¨Should I show her?¨Mason said.

¨Dont ask me, just show her.¨Tails stated.

¨Pinkie, I just, um, found out your b-day just occured ago, so..¨ Mason pulled out the box.¨I hope you love it.¨

Mason opened the box revealing a chocolate cake with sprinkles and whipped cream.

¨Cover your ears.¨ Tails said

@UI Tails

Chelsea was the first to enter. Pinkie heard Mason tell her something. She took a long gasp when Mason showed her the chocolate cake with sprinkles. She let out a loud squeal. "Thank you thank you THANK YOU!" She squeaked, glomping Mason and hugging him tightly. Thundy and Chelsea were used to it. 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

@UI Tails

Chelsea was the first to enter. Pinkie heard Mason tell her something. She took a long gasp when Mason showed her the chocolate cake with sprinkles. She let out a loud squeal. "Thank you thank you THANK YOU!" She squeaked, glomping Mason and hugging him tightly. Thundy and Chelsea were used to it. 

¨Youre welcome,¨Mason said, not used to hard tackles but took it anyway.¨What were you making for breakfast?¨

¨Sonic, my ears..¨Tails quietly spoke.

¨Mine too, buddy, mine too.¨Sonic replied.

The two friends thought about Henry Stickmin and the Diversion Dance.

Mason was thinking about Pinkie´s joy.

Edited by UI Tails
Story

21 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

@UI Tails

"Oof, gotta get used to it you two." Chelsea stated as she looked at Sonic and Tails rubbing their ears. Pinkie skipped to the back and brought out a stack of pancakes for everyone. "Why pancakes of course!" She chimed. 

¨Pancakes?!? Why are we standing around?¨ Mason exclaimed.

¨This is why.¨Sonic had to bring it up.

Mason just looked at Sonic with a bruh face, then went to the table to wait patiently.

¨I think the whole joke thing made him a bit...more self-conscious about his actions.¨Tails whispered.

¨No, he is trying to impress Pinkie Pie.¨Sonic said with a smirk. Tails punches Sonic. ¨Or not.¨

@UI Tails

"That's just random..." Thundy said to himself as he listened to the exchange between Sonic, Tails and Mason. 

"Okay, that comment was rather inappropriate." Chelsea said when he heard Sonic say that Mason was only trying to impress Pinkie. 

1 hour ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

@UI Tails

"That's just random..." Thundy said to himself as he listened to the exchange between Sonic, Tails and Mason. 

"Okay, that comment was rather inappropriate." Chelsea said when he heard Sonic say that Mason was only trying to impress Pinkie. 

Mason stated,¨PLUS Sonic, not all relations lead directly to love. And not to offend you, but I thought you would´ve picked up the pace on that. No roast intended.¨ Then to Pinkie Pie,¨"Did you put chocolate chips in the Pancakes?¨

Sonic was dumbfounded. ¨Nice one. But I´m hungry.¨

Tails;¨Me too.¨

As Mason was waiting for breakfast, he got bored so he put on Pinkie´s song Smile. He hoped that Pinkie would hear and recognize it.

¨Pinkie, you remember this?¨ the boy asked with a curious smile.

@UI Tails

"Some of them are chocolate. Thundy and Chelsea are not really fans of chocolate or chocolate chip..." Pinkie said, her ears twitching when she heard Mason playing one of her most well known songs. "Well duh! That's my Smile Song." Pinkie answered. 

Moments ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

@UI Tails

"Some of them are chocolate. Thundy and Chelsea are not really fans of chocolate or chocolate chip..." Pinkie said, her ears twitching when she heard Mason playing one of her most well known songs. "Well duh! That's my Smile Song." Pinkie answered. 

Sonic said,¨He was just seeing if you would recognize it, Pinkie. However, I do wonder when Mason would be ready to face Metal.

Mason replied,¨Sonic, to be honest, if I beat him we would have to return to Mobius, and I actually am considering this my home.¨

Tails had no reply, for he was sneaking through a cookie jar with Pinkie´s name on it.¨TAILS!!! Get out of there!¨Mason yelled.¨Ugh, Amy was right. You are a cookie lover.¨

Sonic was shocked that he brought her up.¨Why mention her now? She cheated on you for Silver, you know.¨

Mason frowned and covered his head.¨And Cream´s mom thought I was nothing but trouble for her.¨ He started crying.

1 hour ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

@UI Tails

"Awww you guys...let's stay postive. No need to talk about all these relationship issues. They just wear you down..." Chelsea said sitting by Mason and rubbing his back, giving him a gentle nuzzle with her beak. 

¨Okay then,¨ Mason replied.¨ I just wonder...¨

¨No Mason. Dont think about the EqG world yet. You still cant control the growing power.¨ Tails pointed out after replacing the cookies he ate.

¨And like Twilight said, or at least I heard, magic being unstable while its going through worlds makes it worse¨ Sonic added as a side note.

Suddenly, a familiar noise was heard by Mason. It was.. the sound of falling people.

BOOM! Sugarcube Corner was shaken by the impact.

Mason ran out and saw two faces he never forgot.¨Classic Sonic and Classic Tails?!? What happened?¨

Tails replied,¨I forgot how to speak Classic´s language, but The other me can talk, right?¨

Classic Tails replied,¨Your Metal...Destroyed our world...we tried to stop him...¨

Classic Sonic held a Phantom Ruby prototype.¨Wow, we may need this soon,¨Mason replied, helping up the two Classic friends.

Sonic said¨Its only been Forces since we last met. What if Eggman had a plan for the future gone wrong?¨

@UI Tails

Thundy and Chelsea almost squawked at the explosion. "Seriously...what is going on?" Thundy asked as he saw another version of Sonic and Tails. "Wait a second...there are two Sonic worlds?" Chelsea asked. "Yep, the classic world and today's world." Thundy answered. 

¨I dont know why Metal would want to destroy any of the other worlds, but he will be stopped¨

¨Hate to burn your temper...¨ Classic Tails said as he handed a note to Mason.

The note read;

Dear Youth Sonic, the apparent Savior,

I know where you are, you sly dog. I can see your every move. I know about that stupid crush.(I dont even know how you can take that animal into a relationship-or even marriage)BUT that is beside the point. You can either-A.hand over the other Sonic characters and I´ll leave you alone. B.fight for everyone´s lives and expect 1 of 2 outcomes. Or C. Kill yourself in front of the others, and see their mourning faces as your last moments. If you refuse to comply, I WILL kill that Pinkie Pie, and make her my rug. Your choice.

Sorry not sorry, 

Phantom Metallix

¨Oh no he just didnt make a threat to my friend.¨ Mason said angrily.

¨Shoot!¨ Modern Sonic said as he tried to calm him down

@UI Tails

Chelsea started to pant, for she knew the negative energy was building. Because she had a pure heart, she was able to sense these sort of things. She panted even more getting closer to Mason, for she knew this wouldn't end well if she didn't do something. She quickly pulled Mason into a tight hug, letting her pure water energy surround him, which sought to rid all of the anger and negative energy in Mason, which seemed to make him unstable 

(edited)

Mason felt the hug provided by Chelsea and chilled out.¨Why would Metal use a flaw against Mason?¨ Classic Tails asked.

¨I cant take this fight right now. I wish there was another way to solve this.¨

But...he just remembered...friendship has the power to take on anything. Even the Phantom Ruby couldnt bend its reality.

¨Guys, we can do anything together.¨

¨But how? That Phantom Ruby gets set off once and everything goes berserk!¨Classic Tails Asked.

¨The Ruby prototype, thats how!¨Mason exclaimed. He knew that if he wore it, it would mean possible death, but no one else knew the concepts that much.

¨Guys, Ponyville´s under attack! By HIM.¨ Modern Sonic screamed.

¨WHAT?!?¨ all the boys shouted in unison.

Edited by UI Tails
Acknowledgement

@UI Tails

Chelsea broke the hug. “We must start by getting you in control of those abilities of yours. Let’s head over to my lab so I could get that limit device on you.” Thundy said. He all of a sudden heard that Ponyville was under attack. “Oh dear, then we’d better get going. Mason, you’d better not destroy Ponyville with those abilities of yours.” Thundy warned. 

(edited)

Mason nodded with determination.¨I just hope after this, I live to see another day.¨ he thought sadly thinking about Pinkie. What would happen if he died in front of her? But now is not the time.

¨HUMAN!!! Where are you?¨ Metallix shouted. He pulled out the sword of Sonic, Caliburn from Sonic and the Black Knight.¨I will not hesitate to annihilate anything.¨

Mason took off his Sonic ring, knowing the Phantom Ruby itself would be more than enough. Then he attached the gem to his chest.

¨Mason, not now!¨ Sonic yelled.

Mason mended his form to change his appearance. ¨I am now...Phantom Sonic!!! And I will not fail Equestria!!!¨ the new-formed hero shouted.

¨Pinkie, are you going to be fine?¨ Tails asked?

Screenshot 2021-04-13 12.16.50 PM.png ¨Mason, you cant handle the power! Get away from him!!!¨Classic Tails tried to confront.

Edited by UI Tails
Story

@UI Tails

"Yea...but I just hope he knows what he's doing...that phantom ruby sure is powerful...but doesn't it have some sort of corrupt thing about it?" PInkie asked. "That's one thing I was curious about. If I could study it for some time, I may be able to figure out its power." Twilight supposed. 

(edited)

Mason knew this wasnt going to end well, but Metallix´s first sword swing on the leg made him now aware that it was now or never.

¨Ugh...my leg, I cant...move.¨Mason said. ¨But im not done yet,¨ for he was feeling an adrenaline rush somehow.

¨Must destroy target. Must...KILL target!¨Metallix shouted as he started to attack Mason. The robot missed.

¨I wont let my friends down, not even Pinkie.¨Love was developing his determination.¨I WILL NOT LET A STUPID ROBOT SEPARATE ME FROM THE ONES I CARE ABOUT MOST, NOT EVEN PINKIE!!!! I WILL DIE IF I HAVE TO!!!¨ Mason then started going back to back attacks with Metallix.

Tails was wondering why Mason said that.¨Chelsea, what is making Mason so determined?¨

Edited by UI Tails
op

@UI Tails

"It's the uncontrolled power within him. He'll get seriously hurt if he keeps this up. There's a time to fight and there's a time to think and be safe." Chelsea stated. 

"Mason needs to get his leg healed up..." Twilight said with a worried look on her face. Meanwhile Thundy was in the air helping to fend against Metalix. 

Metallix then summoned copies of the original Metal Sonic to continue attacking Ponyville.

¨Just what do you hope to accomplish?!?¨ Phantom Sonic(Mason) said angrily.¨ Youre hurting others not responsible for this!¨

The words that Metallix said next really set Mason off.¨To crush. YOUR. Heart.¨He wanted Mason to no longer feel a sense of friendship.

Metallix KNOCKED Pinkie to the ground and grabbed her by the throat.¨Any last words,  filly?¨

Mason summoned an item of Pinkie´s. I´ll say it for her. PARTY CANNON!!!¨He Launched the confetti to distract him long enough for the Sonics to attack and free Pinkie.