Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hitch.

CastletonSnob

I'm a bit curious as to what role Hitch will play in G5. He's advertised as the "first main male MLP character", so that makes me hopeful that he'll be treated as equal to the female characters. But I have a feeling that he'll either be the Spike of G5, or just a token male character.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

Well I'm sure they're not going to make him a wannabe lady charmer of a dolt. I could see a teensy bit of that for comedy, but I don't think that will be his thing. I don't think he'll be on a rung lower than anypony else.

• Brohoof 2

There's also Zipp, which makes two males out of five A-list characters shown thus far. And if they are bringing back the Elements of Harmony, we'll be getting a sixth pony who, if current trends continue would be a male unicorn (so far we have male earth pony, female earth pony, male pegasus, female pegasus, and female unicorn).

Either way, it seems pretty likely that the male characters will be more than just tokens.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, HedonismBot said:

There's also Zipp, which makes two males out of five A-list characters shown thus far. And if they are bringing back the Elements of Harmony, we'll be getting a sixth pony who, if current trends continue would be a male unicorn (so far we have male earth pony, female earth pony, male pegasus, female pegasus, and female unicorn).

Either way, it seems pretty likely that the male characters will be more than just tokens.

Zipp is a girl

• Brohoof 2

Judging from the badge he wears and his cutie mark, I am wondering if he will be some sort of guard or deputy for Maretime Bay, or something like that. That could lead to him often trying to protect his friends at all costs. If so, that could help make for an interesting character.

I'm not so sure about his more casual personality though. 

IMO, his name - Trailblazer, already says a lot about his role in the movie.

Also, can't wait to hear Jonathan's voice as Hitch :P

55 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Who's Jonathan?

Jonathan Groff. I heard a lot of good things about him :oh_golly:

Me being an experienced pessimist, I'd say he'll either be a mentally malnourished mook, or stupendously gay piece of cardboard. And all the wine aunts will pat themselves on their osteopenic backs. It's just the way things are. But there's always hope. It comes in all kinds of shapes and downsizing.

On 2021-05-13 at 10:49 PM, Starforce Glimmer said:

He better not be another flash sentry.

Hey Flash Sentry was a nice character in universe. Heck by the end of the Equestria Girls stuff, he was rescued from the scrappy heap in several fans' eyes.

Anyway I just hope Hitch would be a confident role model who looks out for the well-being of his friends

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Hey Flash Sentry was a nice character in universe. Heck by the end of the Equestria Girls stuff, he was rescued from the scrappy heap in several fans' eyes.

Anyway I just hope Hitch would be a confident role model who looks out for the well-being of his friends

I have to disagree with that. I don't like the trope of confident guys. What if he is a like a male Fluttershy?

19 minutes ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

I have to disagree with that. I don't like the trope of confident guys. What if he is a like a male Fluttershy?

that would be so refreshing, tbh! 

• Brohoof 2

The male ponies in the older generations were quite popular as well. I think Hitch will have a fan following among new fans of the show, no matter what attitude they are giving him.

1 hour ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

What, are you implying that guys are not allowed to be confident? I think what you really mean is that you don't like overconfident guys who become arrogant. There is a difference

14 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

What, are you implying that guys are not allowed to be confident? I think what you really mean is that you don't like overconfident guys who become arrogant. There is a difference

Ya confidence alone is a good thing more when it becomes boasty. I dun mind a shy fluttershy kinda guy but nah we can see he isn't. I rather not a spike like character tho who gets trod all over (as much as i like spike). 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...