Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Greetings from Malaysia!

BlackFaithStar

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

Was looking up fanart and found a sketch linked to this site

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Saw an episode on a local TV network and got interested ever since. (More info below)

(Hold on to your flanks, this intro may be long :ButtercupLaugh:)

Hello there everypony! I made this account some weeks ago but only got to introduce myself now. I'm fine with being addressed as either of three words which compose of my user handle; Black, Faith, or Star. Or even BFS, whatever conveniences you. I hail from the semi-obscure country of Malaysia to return to the fandom as a more casual appreciator of animated equines. :) 

It all began perhaps in 2014 when I stumbled upon the episode "One Bad Apple" on a local TV network, and I had fun watching it. I tried catching the program at that time of the week for a while, but I only remember the next two episodes I happened upon while doing so. "Green Isn't Your Colour" - although I only caught the end of it. I figured out the episode title from distinctly recalling a yellow pegasus (guess who ;)} reversing towards a vase, which I used to identify that episode much later. (I was temporarily confused since I thought the CMC were the mane characters for a while lol). The third episode I laid eyes on was the Season 3 finale "Magical Mystery Cure", to which all I could remark was "oh okay she has wings now". xD

YouTube and the internet in general would later help me in clarifying the facts on the series, as well as grow my interest in the show and fanworks which would then lead me to branch out into seeing content of other works and fandoms. I continued being a unapologetic fan for quite some time until my overenthusiasm was getting worn as well as getting me in embarrassing spots at times. Come 2017 when I had majorly phased out by then, but mostly because a bunch of other works I was a fan of (the locally animated scene, no less) were getting increasingly active so I was occupied and entertained enough.

Nevertheless, I still appreciated the brony fandom then and had fond memories of fanworks which I enjoyed. I'd often find myself lurking back into some of them for a while. Recently I've been listening to lots of brony-made music, uploads from the likes of Cider Party and Ponies At Dawn. The first I probably encountered was this remix of Princewhateverer's Destabilize by Exiark and I started vibing to brony music since.

Then in November 2020, I came across this P@D upload titled "Summon The Shadows - Suskii (Metalcore)". Me being the metalhead that I am, I absolutely loved it :D. Then I got curious as to who the character the song was about was. Looking up 'Stygian mlp' helped me get the answer, but it wasn't until 5 months later that I finally brought myself to watch the season 7 finale. (I did recognise the character, probably from some pics of him I glimpsed at around the time that finale happened but didn't think too much of it, or I figured that I'd watch it later and didn't want to get spoiled.)

It was when I was searching up pictures of Stygian that I came across a sketch of him which linked to a fan club forum for him here.  Although that's what made me figure to join, I do wish to explore and see what else this place has to offer :). So I'm back to being a pegasister, though a more casual one than before. I may occasionally share some fan tributes, maybe fanart or the likewise.

I do have this fanfic brewing which first aimed to explore Stygian's character, then I started thinking up headcanons for other related stuff which could make for story potential. Is there anywhere here I can share short stories or drabbles? I am fine with roaming around to find how things work around here, but it would be appreciated to be pointed in the right direction :).

So that's all from me. Also, that Star Wars pony art at the top of the page right now is dope. So I'll consider it befitting to end this with a P@D upload I've been looping that has a Star Wars MLP fanart in the background. Anyway, happy (belated) Eidul-Fitri and peace out!  :D (Now how do I get a YouTube video to show up.... ah well, I'll leave a link instead then :p "SDreamExplorerS & Silver Note - Duty [Metal]")

• Brohoof 12

Hi and welcome @BlackFaithStar to these forums :fluttershy:

That's quite an detailed introduction . I like it :)

I hope you make some wonderful friends and have an awesome time here.

I'm the local space pon, Fluttershy admirer and tea lover.

As I read you like Fluttershy too? Always so YAY to meet more fans of her :squee:

*leaving you a Fluttershy Greeting and some Welcome Tea.

• Brohoof 1

Hello and welcome to the herd, @BlackFaithStar! :kindness: That is an amazing story and I love that you initially thought the CMC were the protagonists.  :catface: And then the next thing you see is, ‘I’m so frustrated, I could just kick something.’ 
I hope you have a great time here! :wub:
image.png

Hello, hi and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Metal cool, I approve e-eyeswoke.png.e442d218a54e0bafe7357923034d3b77.png

12 hours ago, BlackFaithStar said:

Is there anywhere here I can share short stories or drabbles? I am fine with roaming around to find how things work around here, but it would be appreciated to be pointed in the right direction :).

You could take a look at this subforum. :muffins: Alternatively, should that forum sound a bit too serious for your needs, consider creating a blog or maybe post status updates if you'd like to share some minor works / work-in-progress among some of your thoughts. :darling:

I hope you'll have a good time here. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Blitzo said:

Welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here! :yay:

12 hours ago, Astral Soul said:

Hi and welcome @BlackFaithStar to these forums :fluttershy:

10 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Have a great time here, our Malaysian friend! :fluttershy:

6 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Hello and welcome to the herd, @BlackFaithStar! :kindness:

5 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Hello, hi and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Many thanks for the warm welcomes everypony! :yay: I really appreciate them :catface:

5 hours ago, Rikifive said:

You could take a look at this subforum. :muffins: Alternatively, should that forum sound a bit too serious for your needs, consider creating a blog or maybe post status updates if you'd like to share some minor works / work-in-progress among some of your thoughts. :darling:

Alright, thank you so much! :D I'm pretty sure I'll have a great time here :) 

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to the forums!

There is a place on the website to upload fanfic chapters, but I’d do that only if the chapters are of a small-medium length just to save people from lots of scrolling. If it’s a longer set of chapters, you could always link it in a status update.

• Brohoof 2

Hello, @BlackFaithStar, welcome to the forums. Nice to meet someone who lives near my country! :wub:

You can do a lot of stuff here like roleplaying, creating status updates, topics, and blogs, make friends, showcase your art, play games, and more. I hope you like being here! :fluttershy:💕 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

Welcome to the forums!

There is a place on the website to upload fanfic chapters, but I’d do that only if the chapters are of a small-medium length just to save people from lots of scrolling. If it’s a longer set of chapters, you could always link it in a status update.

Thanks a lot for the advice! :Rara: 👍 I will keep those in mind.

42 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

Hello, @BlackFaithStar, welcome to the forums. Nice to meet someone who lives near my country! :wub:

You can do a lot of stuff here like roleplaying, creating status updates, topics, and blogs, make friends, showcase your art, play games, and more. I hope you like being here! :fluttershy:💕 

Cool! And thank you! :D

And thanks again to you both for the warm welcomes! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Welcome to the forums! I've actually kinda been wanting to visit Malaysia some time (obviously after Covid! ^^)

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Nice! :) And thank you so much! :D 

• Brohoof 2

welcome to the forums :)

berharap anda menikmati ^~^

Spoiler

translation (or this post will get deleted lol): Hope you enjoy ^~^

no I don't speak malay yet sadly, I just used internet translator

12 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

I've actually kinda been wanting to visit Malaysia some time (obviously after Covid! ^^)

same ^~^

• Brohoof 1

36 minutes ago, The Hawks Simp said:

welcome to the forums :)

berharap anda menikmati ^~^

Reveal hidden contents

translation (or this post will get deleted lol): Hope you enjoy ^~^

no I don't speak malay yet sadly, I just used internet translator

same ^~^

Thank you! :D And it's totally fine, I'm better at English than I am at Malay :laugh: I'd say the translation is alright :)

28 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Ayyyaaaaahhh uncle Roger will be mad at you @The Hawks Simp.

LMAO :mlp_icwudt: I need to watch more Uncle Roger videos lol, the guy's hilarious xD

Thanks again!  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, BlackFaithStar said:

Thank you! :D And it's totally fine, I'm better at English than I am at Malay :laugh: I'd say the translation is alright :)

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

Ayyyaaaaahhh uncle Roger will be mad at you @The Hawks Simp.

LMAO :mlp_icwudt: I need to watch more Uncle Roger videos lol, the guy's hilarious xD

Thanks again!  :catface:

you're welcome ^~^

cool (haha) cool

i actually don't know who uncle roger is lol

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, cupcakery said:

welcome to the forums! hope you have a nice time her <3 (sorry I'm welcoming so late)

Hey no worries! :D Thank you all the same! :) 

1 hour ago, The Hawks Simp said:

you're welcome ^~^

cool (haha) cool

i actually don't know who uncle roger is lol

4 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Ayyyaaaaahhh you fake asian if you not know uncle Roger...:laugh:

Funnily enough, I only knew of Uncle Roger from this video that got recommended some months back - it's a video of him reacting to a video of "Special Fried Rice"... I was laughing my butt off watching it the first time xD