Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the Mane Five?

CastletonSnob

• This topic was locked and unlocked
8 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

How old are the Mane 5 supposed to be? Teenagers? Young adults?

I see them as younger than the Mane Six were.

I have that impression as well :huh:. Hell, I’m sure they’re even younger than the Mane 6 back when the show began :fluttershy:

My guess is they are teenagers, definitely younger than the Mane Six. Although it's based mostly on Sunny's room decor and badges.

My guess would probably be their ages range somewhere around 16-20, so basically teen/young adult. As others have said, I suspect they are slightly younger than what the Mane Six were.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

To me it definitely seems like early to mid teens.

The age of the Mane 6 is what made me get interested in continuing watching G4 after the first few episodes. Being that they're working age and didn't seem to be in school, I figured they ranged in age from late teens to mid 20's at the beginning of the show.

If G5 is heavy on the middle/high school scene, then I probably won't be interested.:scoots:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I'm curious about what people think their ages are now that the movie is out.

They're adults surely? Hitch is definitely an adult as he is the sheriff of the town, and Sunny is probably around the same age since they were foalhood friends.

I think Izzy is the youngest and left Bridlewood as soon as she reached an independent age.

Here are my presumptions.

Hitch: 25
Sunny: 23
Zipp: 22
Pipp: 19
Izzy: 18

I suspect Twilight's school is more of a college, especially since every other pony around the Mane 5 have the usual mare/colt models. So yeah, same thing as everyone else says: late teens or early 20's.

Edited by Gaines

No, I don't think they're teenagers. 19 I might give you, but I wouldn't put them any younger than that. My guess is somewhere between 19 and 23.

I do believe it's always been known that they are in their twenties. Whether that be twenty something doesn't matter essentially. If you think about it, they're all doing something you'd be doing in your twenties. I think though that age when it comes to ponies doesn't matter you're a young filly then a teen then young adult then adult then old haha. We never got much knowledge of it other then ponies pretty much do not seem to think much about it. So I believe mental maturity definitely matters more and same story is true for real horses. Usually a younger horse is harder to control whereas an older one is easier there is no real visual difference between the horses other then them being more relaxed in a sense. They can have a few grey hairs not much other then that. So I assume same is true for the ponies that their age is more their maturity.