Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If You Became the New Head of Hasbro, What Would You Do?

Tom Gallagher

(edited)

I saw this question pop up on Twitter and I thought that it would interesting to ask it here to see what you all would do. :kindness:

As for my answer, I think I’d either find a way to make G4 go on for much longer or at least modify the ending so that FiM doesn’t have to end with Twilight being forced to abandon her friends. :worry:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 4

If we're not just talking about MLP stuff here. Give me Transformers Devastation 2 you cowards

And might as well, give EQG a proper send off

• Brohoof 3

Oh lovely! You know what I would do if I was in charge of Hasbro. I would:

1. I'll let Lauren Faust and Company had the creative freedom to do what they want to do with FiM from the very beginning instead of corporate mandates breathing down their necks 24/7. Plus, I'll keep the old writers and hire some new ones who understand the characters instead of hiring others who don't know what they are doing.

2. I will NOT greenlight Equestria Girls! This idea reeks of corporate cynicism that I would cancel it immediately and pretend that doesn't exist. That, and have Season 3 be 26 episodes season instead of 13.

3. While I'm okay with Twilight being an alicorn princess, I'll just let Twilight stayed as a unicorn.

4. As much as I appreciate the show lasted for 9 seasons, but I think it's best to end at 5 seasons because I think it did dragged on for way too long and it's best to stopped here. Plus, I'll greenlight a one hour series finale and give it a happy ending it deserves.

5. I'll bring The Hub Network back and keep it FOREVER! Keep their 50/50 partnership with Discovery, greenlight more shows, movies, and original content, advertise The Hub as humanly possible, begging Mattel and Lego to be part of advertising The Hub, and being part of basic cable. Never changed into Discovery Family. Plus, add Hub content on Discovery Plus and Netflix.

There ya go.

7 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Not strike down transformative fanmade content, that's for sure. :sassy: The creators of Friendship is Witchcraft and JanAnimations would be completely free. :fluttershy:

Yeah, that and the guys behind Them Fighting Herds (formally Fighting is Magic), as well.

• Brohoof 5

I would keep G4 for longer, plus, I would give the writers more freedom and not focus the show so much on the toys. I would also bring in some of the best fan artists so that way we could form a relationship with said artists, which then could extend to the whole brony community. 

• Brohoof 2

For starters, if this was to happen during the show I would make changes to the show throughout it run. Some of the changes could be: Keeping Twilight a unicorn for much longer, not even making Equestria Girls, making season 3 normal sized, and ditching the School of Friendship completely (there are more but these just came to mind). Along with these changes, I'd keep the original writers working on the series longer and I'd make sure new writers really understood the characters and the world of MLP and also what made it so great in the first place. That way, the series would have a much better chance to have stayed consistently great throughout its span.

As for more recently, I'd probably scrap Pony Life since it doesn't really have a purpose. I would also try to have the G5 series be a polished 2D with some 3D elements sprinkled in.

1 hour ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

I would keep G4 for longer, plus, I would give the writers more freedom and not focus the show so much on the toys.

Yeah, that too.

1 hour ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

I would also bring in some of the best fan artists so that way we could form a relationship with said artists, which then could extend to the whole brony community. 

Oh, that would've been an amazing idea.

1 hour ago, Landi72 said:

For starters, if this was to happen during the show I would make changes to the show throughout it run. Some of the changes could be: Keeping Twilight a unicorn for much longer, not even making Equestria Girls, making season 3 normal sized, and ditching the School of Friendship completely (there are more but these just came to mind). Along with these changes, I'd keep the original writers working on the series longer and I'd make sure new writers really understood the characters and the world of MLP and also what made it so great in the first place. That way, the series would have a much better chance to have stayed consistently great throughout its span.

My thoughts exactly!

1 hour ago, Landi72 said:

As for more recently, I'd probably scrap Pony Life since it doesn't really have a purpose. I would also try to have the G5 series be a polished 2D with some 3D elements sprinkled in.

Yeah, I'll scrap My Little Pony Go! as well and have G5 stayed 2D.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

doesn’t have to end with Twilight being forced to abandon her friends. 

"Twilight being forced to abandon her friends"? Where do you get that idea? The ending clearly showed that even though they have more responsibilities they still take time to hang out once a month. This is a hard truth that applies to real life: eventually people have to go their separate ways and nothing can change that but the important thing is is to stay friends even when life makes it harder to hang out or at least be grateful for all the experiences you had in life from being their friends.

Just because Twilight is obviously going to live much longer than her friends doesn't mean their friendship is going to be abandoned nor was it ever pointless. there's a clear difference.

Anyway, if I were the head honcho of Hasbro I would at least try to make sure that my company and the hard people who work at the company get their dues but the fandom also is able to compromise. Also I would have loved to see more of the other species and how they live. But considering that it's supposed to be a show that's supposed to be seen by children there are obviously something that they couldn't do

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

That, and have Season 3 be 26 episodes season instead of 13.

Actually the real reason why season 3 only have 13 episodes is so that when they're combined with the 26 episodes of season 1 and the 26 episodes of season 2 it would have the golden number of 65 episodes perfect for syndication. If the show wasn't so popular they would have just finished it on season 3 with 65 episodes total and it would be perfect for reruns and syndication but because of the popularity they had to change the ending so that it can go on a little longer

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Actually the real reason why season 3 only have 13 episodes is so that when they're combined with the 26 episodes of season 1 and the 26 episodes of season 2 it would have the golden number of 65 episodes perfect for syndication. If the show wasn't so popular they would have just finished it on season 3 with 65 episodes total and it would be perfect for reruns and syndication but because of the popularity they had to change the ending so that it can go on a little longer

Oh okay. I never knew that. Thank you for informing me.

10 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

"Twilight being forced to abandon her friends"? What are you talking about? the ending clearly showed that even though they have more responsibilities they still take time to hang out once a month. This is a hard truth that applies to real life: eventually people have to go their separate ways and nothing can change that but the important thing is is to stay friends even when life makes it harder to hang out or at least be grateful for all the experiences you had in life from being their friends.

Just because Twilight is obviously going to live much longer than her friends doesn't mean their friendship is going to be abandoned nor was it ever pointless. there's a clear difference.

Okay, that’s a fair point.

(edited)

I'm not really aware of what all is going on from the rest of the company either. Maybe we could go for a Zach Snchider cut of the transformers films? Lol.

I'd be too tempted to make a prequel series based on my own head cannons, but I'd reserve to online streaming only and make it PG-13 for the older audiences of the Fandom and cover darker topics. Definitely seek out the ideas and skills that so many members have demonstrated.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 2

I'd have a proper video game adaptation of G4 christened---something action/adventure-ish with some RPG elements (like my fangame, of course :P ).

I'd keep the books and comics for G-4 going indefinitely, even as G-5 cartoons and merch roll out.

I'd also revive Beast Wars Transformers (LOVED that series!)---possibly having it go concurrently with some vehicle-transformer franchises.

• Brohoof 3

Allow Equestria Girls to continue on and get a proper conclusion. I'm talking graduation from CHS, the leaking Equestrian magic being dealt with once and for all, and some difficult stakes for Sunset Shimmer.

• Brohoof 3

Moments ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Remaster and release a Blue-Ray box set of the entire run of My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, along with Equestria girls movies and specials.

Yeah I only got that DVDs up to season 4 and as far as I know they don't even have any DVDs for season 8 or 9. 

Although honestly I kind of like it on Netflix because it would be easy to jump between episodes or focus on one specific character or one specific scene when I'm doing little marathons. Heck between season 5 and 6 I actually list all the major locations and literally did a marathon where I just focused on all the scenes at a given location like inside the Golden Oak Library. I decided to save any of the scenes that take place in the exteriors around Ponyville for last

• Brohoof 1

I would do a few mini series:

• The childhood of the 2 royal sisters and becoming alicorns
  • History of the Crystal Empire
  • Scorpan's and the Sisters meeting and after
  • A few eps based the mane six's pets
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
6 hours ago, Will Guide said:

"Twilight being forced to abandon her friends"? Where do you get that idea? The ending clearly showed that even though they have more responsibilities they still take time to hang out once a month. This is a hard truth that applies to real life: eventually people have to go their separate ways and nothing can change that but the important thing is is to stay friends even when life makes it harder to hang out or at least be grateful for all the experiences you had in life from being their friends.

Always the defender, aren’t you? :P It was just my opinion. :rarity: Great analysis though. I just wish it didn’t have to be that way. :(

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

Make toys better. Make toys awesome and relatable so the show won't have a hard time selling the toys. Unison of toys and show meld them together perfectly where the toys help elevate the show and the show elevate the toys... Perfect harmony.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Make money, I guess. :P Writing episodes for My Little Pony or Equestria Girls isn't even my responsibility. That's going to be some other guy's problem.

Edited by RDDash